PDA

View Full Version : random movement restriction

huitzilopochtli
24-07-2013, 11:44
I see a lot of people blocking ramdom movement by lining up a unit 1" away. How exactly does this work?

kefkah
24-07-2013, 12:28
Put one unit each to the sides of a random movment unit and then it cant pivot to go anyway other then to the front.

Its pretty lame imo, were i play its houseruled that you can do virtual pivot as long as you dont end the movment in a unit.

huitzilopochtli
24-07-2013, 13:04
It does kindof suck, but I have a limited number of ways to manage a doomwheel sans terrorgheist. Thanks!

Lord Solar Plexus
27-07-2013, 06:47
It works when you interpret the rules so that pivot is not moving despite the fact that it says pivot is the first part of the move. Very stupid rule IMO.

Wilhelm das Blutige
27-07-2013, 16:51
I see a lot of people blocking ramdom movement by lining up a unit 1" away. How exactly does this work?

This sounds like a dodgy manoeuvre that is at the least frowned upon, and by some tournament organisers even banned.

I came across this recently https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=14JSOKks_7eyeecC8HZ0N-8gQj82YBjG0iw1s-RneOt8, and thought it might be relevant to this thread (or at least a little bit helpful).