PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 300 Points !!!Fire Themed!!!

KingFerret
24-07-2013, 20:05
So, I already have a fair few armies, and there's only one more army I really want to collect which is high elves.

I knew I wanted a really strong theme to base my army off of, so what I decided on was !FIRE!

My idea of a fire themed high elf list was this:

Lords:
Prince on dragon or anointed of Asuryan on phoenix, and a level 4 archmage on foot rocking fire. This can be squeezed into 750 points.

Heroes:
Dragonmage(s), I could just about fit two in with minimal gear (25 points each). Or if I wanted a BSB I was thinking about just leaving him naked and sticking him in a bunker of archers with the level 4, or going for a seahelm on a skycutter with reaver bow and potion of strength so he can support the fliers.

Core:
Archers. I can model them with red/orange armour and little braziers standing next to them with flame tipped arrows. One larger (15) unit with flaming banner and containing the archmage (and BSB) and then a bunch of minimum sized units with musicians.

Special:
??? not sure I could even fit anything in here, seeing how I'll probably be spending nearly all of my points in lords heroes and rares, and then I have to take minimum core.

Rare:
I could get three flamespyre phoenix's here, or get two and then a couple of eagles for redirecting. I'm not too bothered about sisters, I don't want to turn the list into a bowline.

I just love this idea as a theme for high elves - imagine the phoenix's and dragons wheeling overhead while the mages summon terrible infernos and the archers rain burning death from above. Also it just works so well for me personally, as I already have a cold/winter themed vampire counts army...imagine both armies facing off, would be a grand spectacle...

Can it be competitive? How would you do a high elf army with this theme?

Kahadras
24-07-2013, 22:00
Why not take a block of Phoenix Guard in special?

I'd go for a Phoenix themed list. You could take an Annointed of Asuryan on Flamespyre Phoenix as your general. In larger point games you could take an Archmage as well but in smaller games you could just run with a Mage or two. I'd certainly take a BSB Noble as a Hero in addition to anything else you take. I'd agree with Archers for core but maybe take some small units of Ellyrian Reavers to help with redirecting. Phoenix Guard could go in special and Flamespyre Phoenix would fill up rare. For a 2000 point list I'd look at something like this...

Anointed of Asuryan + Flamespyre Phoenix

Noble BSB
Mage (Lore of Fire) + dispel scroll

Archers + FC
Archers
Archers
Ellyrian Reavers
Ellyrian Reavers

Phoenix Guard + FC

Flamespyre Phoenix
Flamespyre Phoenix

KingFerret
24-07-2013, 23:07
Actually in my gaming group 3000 points is the minimum sized game we play, apart from with new players. We just find it more fun that way :)

Phoenix guard do fit well with the theme, although I would be worried that all of the fliers would have to hang back for the phoenix guard rather than taking advantage of all of that speed and maneuverability...honestly I'm not used to doing flier/speed heavy armies.

Kahadras
26-07-2013, 23:20
Well to go to 3000 point all you need to do is upgrade the Mage to an Archmage. Take another Mage (maybe with High Magic), take another Flamespyre Phoenix, more Archers and another block of Phoenix Guard.

I'd use the Phoenix Guard to prevent enemy units from hitting the Archers. The Phoenix are free to run around while the Archers hang back and try to force your opponant to move up and commit units where upon your blocks of Phoenix Guard can get into combat.

Kahadras

KingFerret
27-07-2013, 11:31
What about the seahelm bsb on flying chariot? Has anyone had any experience with him before? Seems like a pretty good deal to me, for 95 points, he and the chariot get a 4++ ward save vs shooting, impact hits to deal with chaff and other light units and he can fly to keep up with my other fliers and keep him out of trouble.