PDA

View Full Version : Hatred

Efrovius
25-07-2013, 14:09
Pg 71 (lrb) HATRED "A model striking a hated foe in close combat re-rolls all misses during the first round of combat..." Our gaming group has always interpreted this to mean you get re-rolls on To Hit and To Wound rolls. But I was looking at the Empire Army Book (not the current one - I just can't bring myself to play that book!) and Flagellant Warbands. The Martyr Effects are:

1 The Flagellants Hate all enemies
2 The Flagellants may re-roll failed rolls To Wound
3 Blah blah blah

So if you martyred two nuts, according to our gaming group, you would get nothing that you don't get by martyring one lunatic. But I find it hard to argue against the wording "...re-rolls all misses during..." So looking for justification. Is there any? Opinions are great, but rule references are better. Please and thanks

WLBjork
25-07-2013, 14:27
You can only "miss" when rolling to hit.

Failing to wound is not a "miss".

Mr_Rose
25-07-2013, 14:38
How is "failing to wound" a "miss" exactly? You don't roll to "hit" wounds so you can't "miss" them. Is English a second language for your group or what?

Efrovius
25-07-2013, 17:02
Ouch. Guess I deserved that. Well struck, Sir

BattleofLund
26-07-2013, 07:53
Pg 71 (lrb) HATRED "A model striking a hated foe in close combat re-rolls all misses during the first round of combat..." Our gaming group has always interpreted this to mean you get re-rolls on To Hit and To Wound rolls.

How is "failing to wound" a "miss" exactly? You don't roll to "hit" wounds so you can't "miss" them. Is English a second language for your group or what?

Heh. To be fair, if you say 'I walked up to that old disabled woman and hit her', there is only one action. Bundled into that act of 'hitting' is 'wounding', but IRL it isn't a separate roll (or indeed a roll at all). So I can totally see the slight possibility of becoming confused.

Efrovius
26-07-2013, 14:35
lol. Thank you BattleofLund! At least we are not 100% idiots... just 98.5% ;)

theunwantedbeing
26-07-2013, 14:50
Heh. To be fair, if you say 'I walked up to that old disabled woman and hit her', there is only one action. Bundled into that act of 'hitting' is 'wounding', but IRL it isn't a separate roll (or indeed a roll at all). So I can totally see the slight possibility of becoming confused.

Agreed.
It's easy to make anything make sense is none of the group has bothered to read any of the rules :)

kefkah
26-07-2013, 15:03
WOW i guess that DE player had the time of his life in your gaming group lol

teafloy_the_damned
26-07-2013, 19:35
Aaaa classic warseer responses :)