PDA

View Full Version : Skaven VS. High Elf Cavalry

BLAZING_SADDLES
26-07-2013, 16:38
Just like last time, very new to this system and would appreciate any ideas as to how Skaven can take on High Elf cavalry, particularly if they use the Wailing Banner! I'm not concerned about point values for now, I'd just like to hear some suggestions...after all I do want to do some of the thinking for myself! Thanks again fellow Generals.

boli
26-07-2013, 16:41
Horde and warpfire

underscore
26-07-2013, 18:19
Wither, Plague and (if they don't have the Dragon Banner) war machines. Then feed them slaves.

Knifeparty
26-07-2013, 18:30
Warp Lightning, Jezzails, Poison globes, Wither/plague spells, Plague Censor Bearers, Abomination, Warp Lightning Cannons, Storm Vermin with Razor Standard and Skaven Brew, Plague Furnace, Rat Ogres with Squeel Knawtooth.

Lord Solar Plexus
27-07-2013, 06:41
Just like last time, very new to this system and would appreciate any ideas as to how Skaven can take on High Elf cavalry

Couple o'Slaves will kill them easily. Or one of the dozens of T test, no armour, die. Or a pair of WLC, or just throw a cheapo ratdart their way and don't worry.

BLAZING_SADDLES
27-07-2013, 09:54
Awesome thanks guys! What are ratdart's?! And He has given this particular cavalry all dragon armour so 2++ against flaming attacks makes my fav toy of warpfire nigh on useless!

BlackPawl
27-07-2013, 10:17
Awesome thanks guys! What are ratdart's?! And He has given this particular cavalry all dragon armour so 2++ against flaming attacks makes my fav toy of warpfire nigh on useless!

A rat dart is a small unit of 5 rats and a master, so it is very cheap (under 25 points) and you can use them as a cheap throw away unit to redirect them.

Dragonprinces have the 2+ ward against flaming, so WFT are nearly useless. If they have also the Banner of the world dragon than it will be very difficult, because all effective attacks against cavalry from skaven are magical.

Normally WLC, PCB, PWM, or a good hit from the plague catapult can do the job, but against the BotWD they are useless. So redirect them with some rat darts (so they will kill some points but are no thread to your other units), or use a large unit of stormvermin with the razor banner (so -2 to they armor save). I have used last game such a unit with a warlord against a unit of black knights with two vampires with some good success (Ok, my unit died after three rounds of cmbat, but could do some kills against them and won me the battle).

And use large units. Yes, when they charge they can do some damage, but after the charge they are only S3 and even clanrats have then a 5+ / 6++ against them. Or use slaves to hold them up forever.

BLAZING_SADDLES
27-07-2013, 11:14
Very wise, thanks!