PDA

View Full Version : Helldrake

Ratbeast
28-07-2013, 10:00
Hello all, I keep hearing the tail end of discussions at my local games stores by vet 40k players, they keep talking about the helldrake, being good, being bad, I never hear, is it a good choice? overpowered, or is it under powered?

Wise Guy Sam
28-07-2013, 10:03
Heldrake is perhaps one of the best units in the game.

He is all sorts of good and worth including with a baleflamer. Take 3 if you don't need friends.

Killgore
28-07-2013, 11:27
No one can really complain if you take 1. Bring 3 and I doubt people would play you again!

They are very very good at what they do, with flamers.

wilsonian
28-07-2013, 11:35
using 3 and people start moaning. TBH I don't see the problem. I've played around 10 games and the helldrake normally gets shot down asap. With many armies now having access to anti air fire power against a prepared list it won't last the game.

One chap I play regularly always seems to snipe the rear armour using wave serpents and their ability to twin-link other weapon systems.

TheDungen
28-07-2013, 11:40
the it's bad comments are those made before people got around playing the game based on the idea that it can't take down a vendetta. I always keep that in mind every time people start mathhammering away at new codex as they are released.