PDA

View Full Version : Obliterators online only...

wilsonian
28-07-2013, 11:29
I've been looking at getting some Obliterators but unfortunately Indie stores don't stock them. Not a huge problem, I'll buy them from a local GW store. Except I can't.

While the new Mutilators are on the shelves Oblits can't be found anywhere. The first store said their web only and offered to order them in for me to collect - downside I'd have to pay for parking in the city centre - might as well get them shipped to my house for free. So I go home and check the site - no word of "direct only" listed so I call another store but get the same response.

Does anyone know why this is? It seems silly that they wont stock them and Indie stores can't have them either. Are they releasing new models (doubtful as they've just come out in failcast).

Mastodon
28-07-2013, 11:39
Stores dont stock everything as they dont have the space for all of their products. They rarely carry finecast products in store to save space for the higher selling plastic kits.

Indies dont have them because they're finecast, and the amount of finecast items indies can actually order is tiny.

Inquisitor Kallus
28-07-2013, 13:50
call them to see what their status is

blackcherry
28-07-2013, 15:00
Stores dont stock everything as they dont have the space for all of their products. They rarely carry finecast products in store to save space for the higher selling plastic kits.

Indies dont have them because they're finecast, and the amount of finecast items indies can actually order is tiny.

Got it in one. To save travel, just ring them in advance and see if they stock it.

anchorbine
28-07-2013, 15:34
They are listed on the GW online site as available. You can order them online. It also says free shipping on any order over 50.00, so shipping it to your house would be free. Not sure what the issue is?

Morathi's Darkest Sin
28-07-2013, 15:42
Aye look at some of the independent stores with what you can get these days, GW is really hamstringing them after loyal years of promoting the games and models.. http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home is a good example, some of the Warhammer armies are pitiful right now, Dark Elves are a great example.

Mastodon
28-07-2013, 18:42
Aye look at some of the independent stores with what you can get these days, GW is really hamstringing them after loyal years of promoting the games and models.. http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home is a good example, some of the Warhammer armies are pitiful right now, Dark Elves are a great example.

As an independent myself, not being able to order in finecast stuff has cost me almost nothing. The things didnt move and I was only ordering them when asked to by customers anyway.

Add to the fact that I'd rather not have the hassle of the return shenanigans and it really doesnt bother me in the slightest. Theres an awful lot of getting angry on behalf of indy retailers on this board when the reality is often quite different.

wilsonian
28-07-2013, 19:02
I think you've made a fine point about the returns. for an Indie store dealing with any mis-casts would be a huge issue. :(

Morathi's Darkest Sin
28-07-2013, 19:09
As an independent myself, not being able to order in finecast stuff has cost me almost nothing. The things didnt move and I was only ordering them when asked to by customers anyway.

Add to the fact that I'd rather not have the hassle of the return shenanigans and it really doesnt bother me in the slightest. Theres an awful lot of getting angry on behalf of indy retailers on this board when the reality is often quite different.

Tbh that was more based on the comments from a couple of large indies over on Dakka Dakka, and Wayland's attempts to get a gathering of indies together a little while back.