PDA

View Full Version : The New Imperial Armour Apocalypse Book and using FW models.

KR3LL
28-07-2013, 14:22
I know this comes up a lot, using FW rules and such. I got the new version of this book at games day and it has this little paragraph in it. Forgive me if it was in the previous version and already discussed....I Do not own the previous version.

It has this Warhammer 40K stamp, that can be found on the pages of a lot of the models.
For this 'stamp', in front part of the book it says...

"This unit is intended to be used in 'standard' games of Warhammer 40,000, within the usual limitations of the Codex selection and Force Organization charts. As with all our models these should be considered 'official' but, as they may be unknown to you opponent, its best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forge World models before you start."

Is the 'official' part of this new?

FashaTheDog
28-07-2013, 14:40
Best to run it by your actual foes first rather than spring it on them as many people still refuse Forgeworld stuff. In the past people have been burned by the rules from being unfamiliar with them, an experimental rule that was too good, the using player erring on how his unit works (intentionally or otherwise), or some other way had a bad taste left in their mouth, so assuming that the official stamp is carte blanche might ruffle feathers.

In general, I have never had anyone really complain too much about Forgeworld as the vast amount of the new units are actually overpriced or are fine. Only one guy I know complains about the Krieg Siege list and that is because I've always done well with both it and my Guard and he has not seen how much more competitive my regular Guard army actually is. There are a few good Forgeworld units that can make for tough customers, but those types are present in the main codices and people have adapted to them. There were also a few units meant for one army list and well balanced within it, like the Hades Breaching Drill, that had been given to the Guard codex as a Veteran Squad upgrade that proved to have completely unbalanced the unit to stupidly powerful levels (in Krieg it was the only reliable way to get a scoring unit of overpriced, under-armed 4+ save Guard across the table and was very predictable on when and where it arrived, but with the IG's greater mobility and Vet's options, it was insane, so a hard nerf came into effect, but the nightmares still tarnish it for some). Plus allies and a second FOC at or above 2,000 points tend to make the argument of your codex restricting your choices a little hollow.

Inquisitor Kallus
28-07-2013, 14:43
I know this comes up a lot, using FW rules and such. I got the new version of this book at games day and it has this little paragraph in it. Forgive me if it was in the previous version and already discussed....I Do not own the previous version.

It has this Warhammer 40K stamp, that can be found on the pages of a lot of the models.
For this 'stamp', in front part of the book it says...

"This unit is intended to be used in 'standard' games of Warhammer 40,000, within the usual limitations of the Codex selection and Force Organization charts. As with all our models these should be considered 'official' but, as they may be unknown to you opponent, its best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forge World models before you start."

Is the 'official' part of this new?

The offficial thing has been part of FW books for a good while now, though some choose to ignore it....