PDA

View Full Version : how do i read my black library ebooks on my android smartphone

hummus
29-07-2013, 22:50
dropped my kindle recently now has nice crack and am unable to get a new one as warranty has passed.
Just got my new smartphone and have discovered i can read my kindle books on it. so how can i read the black library ones as they are not in my kindle app website because i purchased them on the black library site.

Scribe of Khorne
29-07-2013, 23:07
You should have a epub file. Download something that can read it.

shadowhawk2008
30-07-2013, 03:10
Are you using an Android-based smartphone? Try the Aldiko or Moonreader app. I use Aldiko for EPUB files. It works fairly well, aside from the fact that it has zero special formatting, like bold and italics and indentation.

morvaeldd
31-07-2013, 06:06
Aldiko is very good, though paid application (the free version probably has adverts in main menu). I have read over 130 ebooks on it, since my first G1 with Android 1.5 on board. You can enable publisher formatting to get those italics and indentations, but it doesn't work in night mode, which is my preferred reading mode, because it's easier on the eyes.

IAMNOTHERE
31-07-2013, 06:51
You could go into your download folder and copy/paste the file into either books or documents.

Works for my kindle which i think is android based.

shadowhawk2008
31-07-2013, 07:58
I rarely, if ever, get any ads on my free version of Aldiko.

CaptainSenioris
02-08-2013, 11:05
Your phone/SD card should have a "kindle" folder, the app will have created it, paste your ".mobi" file in there and it'll appear in the app when you open it.

Be warned though reading books on your phone will drain your battery heavily unless you dim the screen brightness, even then, prolonged use will drain it quickly.

Dean5150
03-08-2013, 00:19
If you have Kindle then books will be in mobi from BL site. Where ever you have mobi files stored you could connect phone to that device and copy over to kindle folder or if files on PC, download Calibre, a free ebook organiser, set that up to email books to your kindle account and, et voila, will be on kindle site for all your apps/devices

flota
05-08-2013, 12:57
Adilko, moonreader, fabrik
Those 3 can read epubs

Sent from the outside of the Eternity Gate in Holy Terra on a Nexus