PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts warriors of chaos

outbreak
31-07-2013, 23:20
I'm getting close to finishing painting my warriors of chaos and wanted to make some standard all comers lists to bring around with me for random games. Was wondering how this one looks?

LORDS:
chaos lord
mark of nurgle
sword of might
enchanted shield
talisman of preservation
the other tricksters shard
flaming breath
nurgle's rot
soul feed

HEROES:
exalted hero
mark of nurgle
battle standard bearer
halberd
dragonhelm
talisman of endurance
ironcurse icon

chaos sorceror
mark of nurgle
level 2
charmed shield
dispel scroll
opal amulet
scaled skin

CORE:
21 chaos warriors
mark of nurgle
full command
shields

5 warhounds
vanguard

5 warhounds
vanguard

1 chariot
mark of nurlge

5 maurader horsemen
mark of nurgle
musician
flails

SPECIAL:
5 chaos knights
mark of nurgle
full command
banner of eternal flame
ensorcelled weapons

5 chaos knights
mark of nurgle
full command
ensorcelled weapons

TOTAL: 1998

The list isn't very min maxed and I've put a lot of points into characters. I do have a unit of 35 mauraders, another 18 warriors, 6 trolls (maybe push to 8 with a filler), 2 giants and a full ogres army that I can substitute in. Should I probably drop a knights unit to add in 6 trolls? I liked the idea of having 2 of them as it makes for a nice looking armoured force. I'm also sticking with mono nurgle so I won't be changing any marks or adding skull crushers. 8 trolls would swap easy for 5 knights, nurgles rot off my lord and the opal amulet off my sorceror.
the other option I was considering was dropping the lord and lvl 2 for just a lvl 4 sorceror lord. I could probably swing the points to keep the knights while adding 6 trolls that way and I would feel less like the list relies on the one big warrior death star.

MLP
31-07-2013, 23:31
Nice themed list there. I think I would personally prefer to change a unit of knights for the trolls so you have a major anti armour unit or a horde depleted as required.

Also I think Halberds on the warriors is also a better choice than shields unless you really need to anvil for a few turns. I would rather have 18 with halberds than 21 with shields.

outbreak
01-08-2013, 00:37
Nice themed list there. I think I would personally prefer to change a unit of knights for the trolls so you have a major anti armour unit or a horde depleted as required.

Also I think Halberds on the warriors is also a better choice than shields unless you really need to anvil for a few turns. I would rather have 18 with halberds than 21 with shields.

I've made this second list trying to fit trolls and knights, had to drop my chaos lord for a sorceror lord

LORDS:
sorcerer lord
mark of nurgle
level 4
charmed shield
dispel scroll
talisman of preservation
scaled skin

HEROES:
exalted hero
mark of nurgle
halberd
battle standard bearer
dragonhelm
talisman of endurance
ironcurse icon

CORE:
22 chaos warriors
mark of nurgle
full command
shields
banner of swiftness

5 hounds
vanguard

5 hound
vanguard

1 chariot
mark of nurgle

5 marauder horsemen
mark of nurgle
musician
flails
javelins

SPECIAL
5 chaos knights
mark of nurgle
standard and musician
ensorcelled weapons

5 chaos knights
mark of nurgle
standard and musician
ensorcelled weapon

6 trolls

TOTAL: 2000

I think I like this list a bit more adding the level 4 and the trolls in, feels a bit more rounded and less reliant on the one big death star (even though it's still there)

I went shields for now because that's what's on the majority of my warriors and I think it fits the nurglish kind of theme, I'd like to try them with festus at some point as well for an ultimate won't die unit. Once I can get some games in with them I'll re evaluate the shields/halberds, it should be easy to drop a couple warriors and swap to halberds I think. I don't mind proxying them as it'll be all my warriors with halberds which shouldnt' be confusing
hopefully with most of the army being -1 to hit it should be tough to hurt them. I guess the warriors, chariot and trolls will form a center or a board edge and try to take and counter charge off each other while the knights, horsemen and hounds rush over to take out other fast cav and warmachines together.

MLP
01-08-2013, 00:50
I much prefer this list. And as a nurgle themer too very much appreciate your dedication to Nurgle.

Further changes I would make:

Give the BSB the opal amulet instead of the ToE. For half the cost it is almost as efficient on a 2 wound character.

Swap mark of nurgle for throwing axes on the marauder horsemen. They don't need the -1 to hit for what they do. With thrown axes it's great to park them right in front of enemy chaff and shoot at them, then stand and shoot when they charge before hitting them with WS4 S5 attacks.

Additional hand weapons on the trolls is nice if you can find the points.

outbreak
01-08-2013, 01:05
I much prefer this list. And as a nurgle themer too very much appreciate your dedication to Nurgle.

Further changes I would make:

Give the BSB the opal amulet instead of the ToE. For half the cost it is almost as efficient on a 2 wound character.

Swap mark of nurgle for throwing axes on the marauder horsemen. They don't need the -1 to hit for what they do. With thrown axes it's great to park them right in front of enemy chaff and shoot at them, then stand and shoot when they charge before hitting them with WS4 S5 attacks.

Additional hand weapons on the trolls is nice if you can find the points.

I'll try and change points around with the opal amulet, the marauders actually have javelins as well which I missed when typing up the list here

outbreak
01-08-2013, 01:41
One thing I also like in this second list is that for 2500 I can quickly add 2 nurgle giants, swap my shields for halberds, add doom knights to my knights and the javelins for throwing axes and I'm done for a fun crazy giant list. I have 2 giants from my ogres and orcs and goblins but I've never actually used either yet! toughness 6 giants may be abit better.