PDA

View Full Version : Knightbus galore, 2000 points

Merrywinds
01-08-2013, 14:59
Yup, it's all mounted. It's been a LOONG time since I've last laid my eyes on Fantasy Battles, so point out anything stupid, illegal or non-workable. Other than having no ranged support whatsoever.

Bretonnian Lord 219
Barded Warhorse, Virtue of the Joust, Heartwood Lance, Dawnstone, Shield

Paladin 104
Battle Standard, Barded Warhorse, Gromril Great Helm

Damsel 120
Warhorse, Silver mirror

Damsel 105
Warhorse, Dispel Scroll

9 Knights of the Realm 250
Gallant, Standard bearer, Musician, Banner of Châlons

9 Knights of the Realm 240
Gallant, Standard bearer, Musician

So there it is. I kind of fancy the idea of using only knights. The main problems I see with this list would be charge redirection(warhound spam or movement spells), warmachines and things like swordmasters. Oh, and spells. The mirror and scroll are there to save me from that one spell that would ruin my day and maybe faceplant the wizard with 1 wound left. The banner is invaluable against the inevitable gunline. The main tactics that I would have to master with this list would then be deployment, diagonal/crossover movement and redeployment, avoidance and getting multiple lances to hit the same target at once, since the rubber lance syndrome will raise it's ugly head every now and then. What I could do with this list:

Roll up a flank. Designate a weak flanking unit, ram a lance or two up its dark dining hall, regroup so that both lances are now facing the side of the enemy battle line. Now they have the option of facing the frontal four lances or the two on the side.

Multicharge. 3 lances with a possible buff could do bad things. This should, I think, lead to having more than one lance behind the front of the enemy battle line. This leads to...

Disrupt. Even one of the lances in a wrong place might to horrible things to isolated foes.

Tarpit. Not the best way, but with high armor saves, I could maybe hold an enemy bus long enough to flank it or to get my other busses past it.

Avoid. Tarpits and deathstars should just be avoided as best as I can. They're usually not worth the trouble to go head to head with unless I get at least 4 busses against them and even then it's usually just better to focus on something that won't break my figurative lance as soon as I hit them. Things like banshees and vargulfs can't be always avoided, but such is life.