PDA

View Full Version : Question on charging two engaged units.

phaserburn
01-08-2013, 16:49
Hey,

So my buddy and I haven't played much 8th edition and came upon a situation that was quite common on 7th. I have a unit of clan rats, 5 wide, already in 1 turn of combat with some spear elves 5 wide:

During his turn, he wants to charge in the swordmasters. The rule book says that to declare a charge, my clan rats have to be 1) in his front arc and 2) he has to have a line of sight to them. He has both. The problem is that he can only make contact with my units via "corner to corner". Does this still mean he can make the charge?

If he can make the charge, do we still maximize? In the rulebook, it only talks about maximizing if 2 units are combo charging at the same time. Does it matter that the spear elves are aready involved in combat an the unit gets kicked over?

Please let me know if this is right. My question mainly is can he even make the charge since my unit front is already covered?

furrie
01-08-2013, 21:15
I would say the corners would touch, seeing as you can't take guys out of combat and when to models touch corners they are in base contact with each other

bigbiggles
03-08-2013, 03:25
Yeah, they can charge, but the spearmen do not move. So it will just be corner to corner, at least until the after combat reform. Then you can scoot the spearmen over one

furrie
03-08-2013, 09:58
Yeah, they can charge, but the spearmen do not move. So it will just be corner to corner, at least until the after combat reform. Then you can scoot the spearmen over one

According to the rules of combat reform you can't remove models out of combat, so you wouldn't be able to move the spearmen.

Mr_Rose
03-08-2013, 17:12
According to the rules of combat reform you can't remove models out of combat, so you wouldn't be able to move the spearmen.

If the turquoise unit slide over one base the guy on that base will still be in corner contact and, so, not removed from combat. Then the yellow unit can slide over too, bringing another guy into combat.