PDA

View Full Version : Banshee Scream vs SIN & Ld Bonuses

Eternus
02-08-2013, 09:48
Hey all, hope we're all set for the weekend.

Quick question. As far as I can tell, the Banshee Scream is worked out against a model's base Ld, as it isn't a Ld test taken by the victim, it's an attack that uses their Ld to work out how much damage they suffer. This means vs Skaven, Strength in Numbers and Inspiring Presence have no effect on the victims Ld.

I am told this is correct, but also that it is in the FAQ. Can anyone tell me where, because I'm damned if I can find it.

Thanks.

McBaine
02-08-2013, 10:25
That is wrong. There is nowhere a mention to unmodified or base LD. Inspiring Presence and Strength in Numbers work, as does Doom and Darkness and the like.

underscore
02-08-2013, 10:27
I'm not 100% sure on the Scream rules, but I understand that SiN doesn't come into play because it's not actually a Leadership Test.

Eternus
02-08-2013, 10:45
That is wrong. There is nowhere a mention to unmodified or base LD. Inspiring Presence and Strength in Numbers work, as does Doom and Darkness and the like.

I believe that you are incorrect. SIN and Inspiring Presence increase Ld for Ld tests, and as mentioned below, the Scream is not a Ld test.

I'm not 100% sure on the Scream rules, but I understand that SiN doesn't come into play because it's not actually a Leadership Test.

AverageBoss
02-08-2013, 15:27
Right and wrong.

SiN does not work, it only applies toward tests.

IP does work. As of 8th Edition, it is not longer solely for tests. Models simply have and can use the generals leadership while within 12".

bigbiggles
03-08-2013, 03:34
I'm sure IP works.

Not so sure about SiN, my gut says no, but i would probably play it as yes

Eternus
03-08-2013, 07:33
Had a re-read of IP, and it just says 'use Ld instead of their own'. Doesn't give any limitations, so IP works, but SIN doesn't because it says 'Ld based tests, and this isn't a test'.