PDA

View Full Version : Slann Magic

Fcc2_Xerez
03-08-2013, 00:08
Hi, Iīm from spain, and I heard some people said that this two disciplines: Focus of Mystery (Loremaster High Magic) and Wandering Deliberations (Knows the eight signature spells) have written "Instead of generating their spells as usual". Can someone put me the exactly text of those two discipline?

In this regard, I have a question that I think is very important to know how can be the Lizardmen Army.
I Know I canīt take at the same times Focus of Mystery (Loremaster High Magic) and Wandering Deliberations (Knows the eight signature spells) but (and this is my doubt):
- Can I take Wandering Deliberations and keep generating my normal four spells of another lore? I explain me, can I know 12 spells (the 8 signature spells, a and four more)?. In the same topic, if this is true, can I take four high magic spells and the eight signature spells?.
- The other question about this, is also the same, but with Focus of Mystery, Can I combine this with my normal generating of spells?,can I know 11 spells (the 7 spells of high magic , and four more for another lore)?.

A very good question.

One question is quick and easy to answer: you cannot take "wandering deliberations" (8 signature spells) alongside 4 normally generated spells, because the text says "instead of generating spells normally".

The other question appears more an oversight or vagueness; the "focus of mystery" discipline does not say anything to the effect of 'instead of generating spells normally'. You just get loremaster high magic, and cannot combine the discipline with "wandering deliberations". This leaves the question wether your slann by default has picked the lore of high magic if you have this discipline, or wether you are allowed to take one of the 8 lores of the brb and then get loremaster high magic alongside it. I suspect it is the first, and it will be FAQ'ed.

Re: New Lizardmen Rumours

Since the Loremaster rule states that is it of the chosen lore, it doesn't need to be FAQ'd. Just like how Focus of Mystery (Loremaster) worked for Slann in the 7th Ed. book, they couldn't be loremaster of 1 basic lore and roll for 4 spells on another basic lore.

Fcc2_Xerez
03-08-2013, 00:10
I donīt know what is the exactly text of this discipline (allow to be loremaster in high magic), but If I want to roll my dice to take life magic (for example), and I take this discipline, Iīm Loremaster in High Magic (the rules says that I Know all its spell), and I have my four spells of Life, isnīt it?.
Why I have to take High Magic to be a Loremaster, this discipline give me it "free". In the old army book of lizardmem, if you want to be a Loremaster of some lore you have to choose a lore and then you can be a Loremaster of this. But now if you put Focus of Mystery to the Slann, you know automaticly all this lore, you donīt have to chose it before, Unless this disciplene has written "Instead of generating their spells as usual". This is my doubt, Can I take my four spell and take this discipline?, if is not, why?.

Sorry for my english

Ramius4
03-08-2013, 01:09
I think the difference here is that the Loremaster special rule itself already states that you don't "roll for spells normally", so there is no reason the designers should feel the need to say it. I would argue tooth and nail against anyone who thought they got to roll for spells also.

Fcc2_Xerez
04-08-2013, 20:20
I think the difference here is that the Loremaster special rule itself already states that you don't "roll for spells normally", so there is no reason the designers should feel the need to say it. I would argue tooth and nail against anyone who thought they got to roll for spells also.

For steps:
1. - A Wizard of warhammer can use all the spells you know (if this is not so, tell me) is not limited to one lore, there are so many example, everywhere, without going too far the new rule High Magic of LM .

2. - A Wizard of warhammer can choose between a Lore of its rules that allow (in the case that concerns us, the eight lores more High Magic).

3. - The Slann generates four spells of one lore in the usual way (random), as it allows me the rules. Just choose a knowledge, and genres, as I said the rule book.

So far I think we can all agree, or so I think ...

4. - In the "team" of Slann is Mystical focus discipline, which gives the special rule to the Slann LoreMaster (High Magic), warning, that I have to choose anything, comes in a "package", very different would the MF just give me the Lord of Knowledge special rule then you should choose a lore, but to come all together, from the moment you choose this discipline the Slann wins special rule LoreMaster (High Magic). to understand me better, as if it were an object to give me frenzy, hate (Skaven), immune to psychology or whatever.
In Nowhere that wont put this can not be done but if I have rules that I may, in fact I have not incurred any rule and all steps have justified the rules described in warhammer regulations and in lizardmen FM discipline.

5. - The Slann knows his spells, he has chosen his knowledge, know one, and because it is "equipped" with Mystical Focus, you take the special rule LoreMaster (High Magic), again, I havenīt chosen high magic, this gives me the MF.

6. - As these 12 spells known I can always throw that exceeds their level of difficulty generated dice magic phase.

It is like the case Nehekhara Sphinx, the loreMaster (death) that sphinx give you. You do not miss the rest of yours spells, in addition, It is the same like a said.

sorry for my english...

Kneedles
05-08-2013, 05:45
If it is not clear then it will be Faq'd, but essentially you have four choices for your slann.

1 Take the discipline that gives you Loremaster: High Magic. You know all 8 spells. You use the lore attribute to later exchange for new spells.

2 Take the discipline that gives you the signature spell of all 8 battle magic lores (fire, beasts, metal, life, shadow, death, heavens, light) - 8 spells.

3 Take four spells, generated from one of the eight battle magic lores. You must pick this while writing your army list. Just like an Empire wizard.

4 Take four spells from Lizardmen High magic, generated normally. This is the worst option. You can use the lore attribute to exchange them during the game.

Fcc2_Xerez
05-08-2013, 10:42
If it is not clear then it will be Faq'd, but essentially you have four choices for your slann.

1 Take the discipline that gives you Loremaster: High Magic. You know all 8 spells. You use the lore attribute to later exchange for new spells.

2 Take the discipline that gives you the signature spell of all 8 battle magic lores (fire, beasts, metal, life, shadow, death, heavens, light) - 8 spells.

3 Take four spells, generated from one of the eight battle magic lores. You must pick this while writing your army list. Just like an Empire wizard.

4 Take four spells from Lizardmen High magic, generated normally. This is the worst option. You can use the lore attribute to exchange them during the game.
Why I canīt Take four spells, generated from one of the eight battle magic lores and take de Mystic Focus discipline that give to my wizard the Special rule, Loremaster (High Magic).?
It the same case that in a game, you are close the Nekhamara Sphinx and this give to you the Loremaster (Death). You'd lose in this case your ancient spells, or you would add?. The only different itīs that I caused it before start the game.

Walgis
05-08-2013, 14:46
but you omit other parts it says that lore master rule (loremaster (*)) gives you all spells from lore that you chose. on other hant to FM you gain not loremaster (*) but loremaster (lore of high magic), so by just taking FM dicipline you get 8 spells thats what the dicipline do, for now i guess we can generate randomly 4 more spell but it surley needs a faq as i think that was not intendet.

The Great Flaming Odin
05-08-2013, 18:52
I agree that this needs an FAQ badly but I think right now there is a strong argument that RAW says that the slann gets to role for his 4 spells and gets loremaster high magic. This would be an easy enough fix to add "instead of generating spells normally" to the beginning of the discipline. It interesting that ever other loremaster specifically states the lore and then reiterates the lore master rule e.g. Tetto'ekko is a lvl 2 wizard who uses lore of heavens, he has the Loremaster (Heavens) rule. Slann rules say he is a level 4 wizard who generates spells from any of the rulebook lores or high magic and can have the Loremaster (high magic) rule. Seems to me he could be a lvl 4 lore of fire, he has the Loremaster (High Magic) rule.

What ever the ruling I hope this gets cleared up (along with predatory fighter) soon as the extra 4 spells are not really worth an argument with an opponent. Would be nice to get 12 spells though.

TheKingInYellow
05-08-2013, 20:00
Loremaster is a USR in the BRB that explicitly states that you do not roll for spells as usual if you have this USR. The Lizardman army book does not contain a new rule, the discipline only grants the USR as written in the BRB.

I don't see anyway around that, RAW or RAI.

Spiney Norman
05-08-2013, 20:48
Just theory-hammering how Slann magic works, and we came up with a question we weren't sure how to handle

Supposing a Slann uses Telepathic Confabulation to switch a spell with another Slann which results in one of them knowing the same spell twice (for example a Slann with wandering deliberations swaps his Miasma with Wildform from a beast lore Slann), can that Slann then cast the duplicated spell twice during the ensuing magic phase?

Mr_Rose
05-08-2013, 21:15
Hm, interesting. I think that, RAW the answer is yes, since a wizard can cast “each of their spells once” (emphasis mine, see BRB p.31) per turn; it's just that normally no wizard ever knows the same spell twice.

Heres another interesting thing: Deliverance of Itza (Lord Kroak's unique spell) can't be forgotten (by Kroak) and if it is “swapped or stolen” somehow, Kroak immediately remembers it and the other wizard forgets it. To me this implies that, should the Deliverance be swapped (i.e. exchanged one for one with another spell) that the wizard that exchanged his spell doesn't get the original back, and Kroak keeps it…

I guess, then, the question is twofold: one, would frog-boy indeed keep his new toy should this happen and two, can he cast it?
I'm pretty sure the rule itself as much as states the first is true, and I can't find anything preventing Kroak casting non-Deliverance spells except for the fact that he never normally learns any….

hamsterwheel
05-08-2013, 21:27
What's weird about the FAQ question is that the question is written in a way that basically assumes that casting the same spell twice is impossible so does the answer "Yes" encompass the statement also made in the question.

Q: A Wizard is not allowed to cast the same spell twice. However,
if he has a Magic Item capable of casting that spell as a bound spell,
can he still use it to cast the same spell again? (p37)
A: Yes.

Spiney Norman
05-08-2013, 21:30
Hm, interesting. I think that, RAW the answer is yes, since a wizard can cast “each of their spells once” (emphasis mine, see BRB p.31) per turn; it's just that normally no wizard ever knows the same spell twice.

Heres another interesting thing: Deliverance of Itza (Lord Kroak's unique spell) can't be forgotten (by Kroak) and if it is “swapped or stolen” somehow, Kroak immediately remembers it and the other wizard forgets it. To me this implies that, should the Deliverance be swapped (i.e. exchanged one for one with another spell) that the wizard that exchanged his spell doesn't get the original back, and Kroak keeps it…

I guess, then, the question is twofold: one, would frog-boy indeed keep his new toy should this happen and two, can he cast it?
I'm pretty sure the rule itself as much as states the first is true, and I can't find anything preventing Kroak casting non-Deliverance spells except for the fact that he never normally learns any….

Not an issue, Kroak doesn't have the Telepathic confabulation rule

furrie
06-08-2013, 08:40
Not an issue, Kroak doesn't have the Telepathic confabulation rule
How about other slanns

yeknoMehT
06-08-2013, 08:59
How about other slanns

Well, if they don't have the unique spell thing that makes them not lose the spell they are swapping it doesn't matter either (and since it was referred to as Kroaks 'Unique Spell' I'm guessing they don't)

Personally, I'd say sure, if you get the same spell twice through some odd means (like this scenario) you can cast it twice. It might get FAQed out, but then again it might not. The rules currently seem based around not being able to generate the same spell twice in the first place, but if you can get around that then fine!

Fcc2_Xerez
06-08-2013, 10:41
what about the original question?, The normal generation of spell and loremaster in High magic

Spiney Norman
06-08-2013, 10:53
Why I canīt Take four spells, generated from one of the eight battle magic lores and take de Mystic Focus discipline that give to my wizard the Special rule, Loremaster (High Magic).?
It the same case that in a game, you are close the Nekhamara Sphinx and this give to you the Loremaster (Death). You'd lose in this case your ancient spells, or you would add?. The only different itīs that I caused it before start the game.

The two examples are slightly different, if you purchase the focus of mystery discipline then you already have the Loremaster (High magic) special rule at the point of spell generation in the pre-game sequence. The loremaster rule clearly says that you do not generate spells normally if you have this rule.

On the other hand if you successfully riddle a Nehekharan Sphinx you are gaining the loremaster rule half way through the game, but certainly after the point when you generate spells (in the pre-game sequence). Since the Loremaster rule doesnt require you to forget any spells you already know you keep any spells that you generated earlier you get the lore of death in addition to any spells you already had.

Now answer me this, what happens to a slann with wandering deliberations (or a HE loremaster come to that) if he enters a wizards tower, does he become a loremaster of all 8 battle magic lores?

Kneedles
06-08-2013, 17:39
Now answer me this, what happens to a slann with wandering deliberations (or a HE loremaster come to that) if he enters a wizards tower, does he become a loremaster of all 8 battle magic lores?

Yes, he would. Happened with a Loremaster of Hoeth in a game my roommates played.

The short answer of this is Slann magic needs some explicit clarifications, of how the new Loremaster (High Magic) discipline is worded, how swapping spells between Slann is worded, and if a Slann can theoretically cast two versions of the same spell twice. I myself thought that you either knew a spell or you did not, and thus could not have the same spell on your list twice.

The Great Flaming Odin
06-08-2013, 19:00
Loremaster is a USR in the BRB that explicitly states that you do not roll for spells as usual if you have this USR. The Lizardman army book does not contain a new rule, the discipline only grants the USR as written in the BRB.

I don't see anyway around that, RAW or RAI.

Actually no the rule book states that if you have loremaster(*) you do not need to role for spells where * is the name of the lore. So yes the book grants the USR Loremaster(High Magic), nowhere does it say that he has to generate spells from High Magic before buying the discipline Loremaster (High Magic)

TheKingInYellow
07-08-2013, 04:03
Actually no the rule book states that if you have loremaster(*) you do not need to role for spells where * is the name of the lore. So yes the book grants the USR Loremaster(High Magic), nowhere does it say that he has to generate spells from High Magic before buying the discipline Loremaster (High Magic)

Well the exact text of the rule is:

A Wizard with the Loremaster special rule knows all the spells from his chosen lore - he does not need to roll randomly.

It clearly states that this is used for the Wizards chosen lore, so they must choose the lore in order to take Loremaster. Additionally it clearly states that they do not need to roll since they already know all spells for that chosen lore.

I just can't see how it could be argued any other way with a straight face. I think anyone bringing a list with a Slaan rolling four spells and taking a full lore in addition is welcome to find a new opponent.

Walgis
07-08-2013, 08:50
as always some of you guys omit rule parts. it says if you have Loremaster (*) you dont roll because you will know all the spells from chosen lore. Then it says if you have loremaster (FIRE) you know all spells from fire, it was an egzample and it doest say anything about not rolling for chosen lore if is not fire :)
Loremaster (*) is diferent from loremaster (fire) or in this case Loremaster (lore of high magic).

Artinam
07-08-2013, 10:02
So what your saying is you choose a lore for your wizard (say fire) then choose then Loremaster (High Magic) thus allowing you to roll for magic spells in the fire Lore next to the Loremaster High Magic?

Walgis
07-08-2013, 12:13
Yes thats it.

hamsterwheel
07-08-2013, 14:33
I'm sure if you manage to find an opponent that will allow you to use 12 spells with your Slann then you're welcome to it but saying your Slann can have two lores because the book doesn't say you can't won't be a good enough reason for the vast majority.

Ramius4
07-08-2013, 14:49
as always some of you guys omit rule parts.

And you once again invent rules that don't exist to fit your desired interpretation.

Did you ever consider Walgis, that some things that aren't explicitly stated in the rules, shouldn't have to be? There's a reason for that.

Walgis
07-08-2013, 15:43
a lot of things should be in rules but theyre not and we play buy them if slann can have 2 lore he will have them.
In other word when Doc char had enourmus count of spells it was good when TK char get loremaster (death) but doesnt foget its spells its ok, but when a new book gets that and its almighty slann no he cannot.
I a gree thats stupid and almost 100 percent was forgotten to mention or meiby not we will never know.

And you once again invent rules that don't exist to fit your desired interpretation.

Did you ever consider Walgis, that some things that aren't explicitly stated in the rules, shouldn't have to be? There's a reason for that.
i dont invent anything. hwat did i invent? if rules doesnt say i cant generate spales why should i not generate them? yes its stupid but that possible and theres no eason to be frustrated about it.

TheKingInYellow
07-08-2013, 19:31
Those are special characters with explicit rules in their army book (and/or FAQ clarifications) that allow them to do that. The Slaan has no such rules in it's army book, it just gets Loremaster as per the USR in the BRB, which explicitly says that they do not roll for spells if they have the Loremaster USR.

Walgis
07-08-2013, 20:05
They dont roll if they have Loremaster (*) not lore master (high magic) dont you get it, he doesnt need to roll then because he knows all spells of any lore he chooses (*).
then the rule goes more and says if you get loremaster (something (eg. was fire)) you get all spells from that lore but it doesnt say that you dont roll normaly from your chosen lore.

hamsterwheel
07-08-2013, 20:19
They dont roll if they have Loremaster (*) not lore master (high magic) dont you get it, he doesnt need to roll then because he knows all spells of any lore he chooses (*).
then the rule goes more and says if you get loremaster (something (eg. was fire)) you get all spells from that lore but it doesnt say that you dont roll normaly from your chosen lore.

I think you're the only one confused. Loremaster(*) is the special Rule. The * represents the Chosen Lore per the special rule in the Loremaster(*) description so in this case by selecting the gift that gives you Loremaster(HighMagic) you are effectively choosing High Magic as your chosen lore and per the Loremaster(*) special rule, you are not to roll for spells seperately.

Loremaster(*)
A Wizard with the Loremaster special rule knows all the spells from his chosen lore - he does not need to roll randomly. The lore in question is normally given in brackets as part of the Loremaster special rule. For example, a model with Loremaster(Fire) would know all the spells from the Lore of Fire.

TheKingInYellow
07-08-2013, 20:48

Wow, just... Wow. Could you try any harder to break the sense of fair play and good nature of the game?

Saulot
14-08-2013, 16:30
Loremaster (*) is diferent from loremaster (fire) or in this case Loremaster (lore of high magic).

No, it is exactly the same. BRB, pg. 72.

Spiney Norman
14-08-2013, 23:26
Wow, just... Wow. Could you try any harder to break the sense of fair play and good nature of the game?

Sorry, you are accusing the main opponent of "w00p my Slann gets 12 spells for a 30pt discipline" of breaking the sense of fair play and good nature of the game???

If "sense of fair play and good nature of the game" for you means "w00p my Slann gts 12 spells" then I never want to find myself playing against you...

Walgis is absolutely right, whether he can prove it completely from the rule book or not, there is absolutely no way the Slann should generate spells normally AND be a loremaster of high magic, but alas some folks will abuse badly worded rules in any way that they can. It is interesting that the loremaster rule appears to confirm that for the loremaster rule to work the lore name in brackets must be the same as your chosen lore, at least that is what I take from the text; "a wizard with the loremaster special rule knows all the spells from his chosen lore". If the lore name in brackets does not match his chosen lore, he doesn't know all the spells from it.

Now I grant that this throws up some serious problems for our friend the riddling sphinx, but it is pretty clear to me that buying the focus of master discipline forces you to take high magic as your lore choice, its not like this kind of thing is without precedent, for example if I nominate a liche priest to be the hierophant in my Tomb King army he is forced to pick the lore of Nehekhara as his lore choice, despite the fact that he would otherwise be able to pick two other (vastly superior) lores instead.

TheKingInYellow
15-08-2013, 00:03
Err, no Walgis is saying that the Slann does get twelve spells which I am opposing most vehemently.

Cobra
15-08-2013, 02:07
Sorry, you are accusing the main opponent of "w00p my Slann gets 12 spells for a 30pt discipline" of breaking the sense of fair play and good nature of the game???

If "sense of fair play and good nature of the game" for you means "w00p my Slann gts 12 spells" then I never want to find myself playing against you...

Walgis is absolutely right, whether he can prove it completely from the rule book or not, there is absolutely no way the Slann should generate spells normally AND be a loremaster of high magic, but alas some folks will abuse badly worded rules in any way that they can. It is interesting that the loremaster rule appears to confirm that for the loremaster rule to work the lore name in brackets must be the same as your chosen lore, at least that is what I take from the text; "a wizard with the loremaster special rule knows all the spells from his chosen lore". If the lore name in brackets does not match his chosen lore, he doesn't know all the spells from it.

Now I grant that this throws up some serious problems for our friend the riddling sphinx, but it is pretty clear to me that buying the focus of master discipline forces you to take high magic as your lore choice, its not like this kind of thing is without precedent, for example if I nominate a liche priest to be the hierophant in my Tomb King army he is forced to pick the lore of Nehekhara as his lore choice, despite the fact that he would otherwise be able to pick two other (vastly superior) lores instead.

Actually Walgis is the main supporter of the slann getting 12 spells not the main opponent.

There is no way that the slann should be getting that many spells. I would love for someone to post the discipline directly from the army book word for word.

Spiney Norman
17-08-2013, 08:26
Err, no Walgis is saying that the Slann does get twelve spells which I am opposing most vehemently.

In which case his posts are doing an excellent job of convincing me of the precise opposite of his position :D

According to the loremaster rule it can only effect your chosen lore because the rule clearly states "a wizard knows all the spells in his chosen lore, therefore if his chosen lore and his loremaster (lore) are not the same he does not know all the spells.

Walgis
19-08-2013, 10:49
Well guys :D
In RAI 100% he doesnt get them imsure of that.
But in RAW its really unclear, you dont take all rule in consideration and keep changing it. Nevermind.
Then tell me when TK priest gets loremaster (death) he cannot use it because its not the lore he chose in begining? and he can only use the spells he rolled? Or does he forget spells that he rolled and now somehow starts to use death instead?
Why its ok to one race to get 1 spells but for other not to? Yes its too cheap for what it gets yes its not RAI 100%, but the rules are written that he gets to roll them.
I hope that Faq will fi this as all the other stuff that the great Vetoc didnt think of soon enough.

Mr_Rose
19-08-2013, 11:08
How are you giving them Loremaster (Death) in that context? You keep thRowing that out as your big "proof" but you haven't actually defined it.

Walgis
19-08-2013, 11:37
It is like the case Nehekhara Sphinx, the loreMaster (death) that sphinx give you. You do not miss the rest of yours spells, in addition, It is the same like a said.

sorry for my english...

But i cant seem to find that rule in book so that might be false :D

Found it.
BRB page 130. magic terrein that gives you loremaster (death)

yeknoMehT
19-08-2013, 12:39
But i cant seem to find that rule in book so that might be false :D

Found it.
BRB page 130. magic terrein that gives you loremaster (death)

Yeah, that's not really the same thing - it's a bonus granted in the middle of the game by a special effect from the terrain. It's not army specific, and (in my gaming circles at least) seldom used.

Think of it in the same way that you can still forget spells when you are a loremaster in exactly the same way as any other wizard when miscasting (see the FAQs somewhere I think). There is a difference between the start of game generation of spells, and changes to what those spells are during the game.

Walgis
19-08-2013, 13:03
How can you say its diferent things when its the same special rule :D Focus mystery is also a bonus but its granted on the start of the game :D the difrence is when you get it one at the start of the game other sometime in the game :D
Its the same special rule that does the same thing the diference is how and when you get it thats it, the diference isnt how it works.

furrie
19-08-2013, 14:44
How can you say its diferent things when its the same special rule :D Focus mystery is also a bonus but its granted on the start of the game :D the difrence is when you get it one at the start of the game other sometime in the game :D
Its the same special rule that does the same thing the diference is how and when you get it thats it, the diference isnt how it works.
In this case it matters when you get it, seeing as loremaster normaly replaces the spell generation phase for the wizzard. So when you start the game with it you skip generating spells, when you get it in the course of the game you already have generated your spells and loremaster doesn't say you lose your other spells, just that you skip the spell generating.

Walgis
19-08-2013, 15:09
it says you skip generation if you have Loremaster(*) so you know all spells for the selected lore. then the rule says if you have a loremaster (fire) (egzample) you get all spells from fire lore but it doesnt say you dont generate. on other caster that have loremaster (fire/death/etc) its said in plain words you dont generate any spells or you can only take that lore etc. on slann theres no such thing.
and saying that special rules are diferent on the time you get them is bad. because you can get franzy on your profile or you can get frenzy when bsb or doombul joins etc but the two types of frenzy are diferent. there not. theyre the same frenzy.

I guess im looking kinda a jerk here :D for pressing this :D
to be clear i dont think this is how the rules were intended, i think its too good to have 12 spells. But until faq by the rules you can generate spells.
And by all means its your choice how to do it.

Gustav Kohn
19-08-2013, 16:30
Walgis, I see what you are getting at, and although I disagree, I don't think it is wrong of you to state your opinion. If anything, your arguments have convinced me of this...the Nehkharan Sphinx needs an FAQ to say that a wizards gets the lore of death in addition to their current lore and that they have all the spells from it.

It seems clear to me, that Loremaster gives you all the spells from your chosen lore and if you have Loremaster (Fire) and have chosen beasts, you don't get all the spells from Fire (or any). Hence, the problem with rules is not for the Slaan, but for the Sphinx.

Spiney Norman
19-08-2013, 18:08
it says you skip generation if you have Loremaster(*) so you know all spells for the selected lore.

But that is exactly the rule that the Sann has if you select focus of mystery, he has the loremaster (*) rule where *= high magic
Arguing that loremaster (high) has a totally different set of rules to loremaster (*) is idiotic in the extreme because it quite obviously is the same rule.

I guess im looking kinda a jerk here :D for pressing this :D
to be clear i dont think this is how the rules were intended, i think its too good to have 12 spells. But until faq by the rules you can generate spells.
And by all means its your choice how to do it.

Oh you noticed...

Insisting your opponent allowed your Slann to have two sets of spells would indeed make you a jerk, I'm at a total loss as to why you are arguing this point if you genuinely don't think that is how it should be played.

Terrenord
28-08-2013, 18:52
You know, I wouldn't play it this way, but if someone was playing me and rolled up spells from a lore in addition to being a lore master, I'd let them. You can't play the game by what is intended, but only by what is written. GW obviously needs to errata this.

TheKingInYellow
28-08-2013, 22:07
You know, I wouldn't play it this way, but if someone was playing me and rolled up spells from a lore in addition to being a lore master, I'd let them. You can't play the game by what is intended, but only by what is written. GW obviously needs to errata this.

I think it is both RAI and RAW that the Slaan doesn't get two lores.

Sineater81
29-08-2013, 00:56
choosing loremaster of a certain lore means you choose that lore end of conversation