PDA

View Full Version : Some High Elf Loremaster questions

Smithpod68
03-08-2013, 14:51
Question 1; If a High Elf Loremaster goes into a Wizard's tower , does he know all the spells for all the lores or because he has all the signature spells he doesn't gain anything from being in the tower?

Question 2 ; In a Storm of Magic game does the High Elf loremaster get all the cataclysmic spells for each lore if he has the signature spells for each?

Smithpod

Smithpod68
07-08-2013, 00:20
Wow over a 100 looks and no one can answer the question! I've stumped Warseer...lol

T10
07-08-2013, 12:00
It's hard to say wether the Loremaster knows all Lores or no Lores. On one hand he has spells from all the eight Lores, but on the other hand he hasn't selected a specific Lore in the same manner as a normal Wizard.

House rule it.

-T10

kefkah
07-08-2013, 12:23
It's hard to say wether the Loremaster knows all Lores or no Lores. On one hand he has spells from all the eight Lores, but on the other hand he hasn't selected a specific Lore in the same manner as a normal Wizard.

House rule it.

-T10

This imo.

Is the Wizard tower something for SoM only or a terrain that you use in regular games?, i have never played with magic terraint apart from forests. If its a set-piece that you can choose to place on the table then that becomes very powerfull for the HE player so idk.

bigbiggles
07-08-2013, 23:18
The wizard tower is something from normal games. As for me, I'm slightly leaning towards knows all lores. But could compromise that the lore master has a ''favorite'' lore that he will get lore master of in the tower

AMWOOD co
08-08-2013, 22:59
I would say that for a tourney it's all or none. That said, for a house rule, I would likely let the Elf choose a lore during each magic phase. It seems to accomodate his adaptability that way without him knowing gaining four dozen spells.

theunwantedbeing
08-08-2013, 23:16
Question 1; If a High Elf Loremaster goes into a Wizard's tower , does he know all the spells for all the lores or because he has all the signature spells he doesn't gain anything from being in the tower?
No, as he has no chosen lore.
The wizards tower only grants the entire knowledge of your chosen lore.

Question 2 ; In a Storm of Magic game does the High Elf loremaster get all the cataclysmic spells for each lore if he has the signature spells for each?
Yes, as you merely need to know one or more spells from a lore to know the cataclysm spells.
As he knows one spell from each of the 8 lores, he'll know all the cataclysm spells for those 8 lores.

bigbiggles
09-08-2013, 00:31
That sounds good too

Akkristor
09-08-2013, 01:36
No, as he has no chosen lore.
The wizards tower only grants the entire knowledge of your chosen lore.

By that reasoning, any wizard which does not explicitly choose a single lore would not gain any benefit of a Wizard's Tower either. Wizards which automatically generate spells from a specific lore or lores, for example Skaven Warlock Engineers, would not qualify as having 'chosen' a lore for the purpose of Loremaster.

theunwantedbeing
09-08-2013, 14:08
By that reasoning, any wizard which does not explicitly choose a single lore would not gain any benefit of a Wizard's Tower either. Wizards which automatically generate spells from a specific lore or lores, for example Skaven Warlock Engineers, would not qualify as having 'chosen' a lore for the purpose of Loremaster.

Mages like to Warlock Engineer and Plaguepriest have their lore already chosen for them when you give them magical levels.

furrie
09-08-2013, 15:15
Mages like to Warlock Engineer and Plaguepriest have their lore already chosen for them when you give them magical levels.
When you chose to field a loremaster, his lores are already chosen for him, so there isn't realy a difference.
It looks as if the loremaster realy gets to know all the spells in the rulebook when he is in the wizzard's tower.

Nubl0
09-08-2013, 15:29
I dunno, doesn't the skaven rules say they select from a specific lore, whereas the loremaster is worded that he just knows all the signature spells. Doesn't seem to mention specific lores.