PDA

View Full Version : Salamander/Razordon Formation

Moss
03-08-2013, 20:54
You're no longer capped at (3) hunting packs in a unit, so suppose I had a unit of (6) razordon hunting packs. Can the unit be formed in multiple ranks of razordons? Is there something in the rules that outlines the placement of each model in the unit? Can I do something like this?
R R R
R R R
ssssss
ssssss
(two ranks of (3) razordons and two ranks of (6) skinks)

If so, does this unit get rank bonuses? Can the second rank of razordons shoot?

BattleofLund
03-08-2013, 21:36
You're no longer capped at (3) hunting packs in a unit, so suppose I had a unit of (6) razordon hunting packs. Can the unit be formed in multiple ranks of razordons? Is there something in the rules that outlines the placement of each model in the unit? Can I do something like this?
R R R
R R R
ssssss
ssssss
(two ranks of (3) razordons and two ranks of (6) skinks)

If so, does this unit get rank bonuses? Can the second rank of razordons shoot?

1) The handlers aren't really there (BRB p73 says 'we ignore them for most gaming purposes, treating the monster itself as the extent of the unit.') The skinks can attack what their monster can attack.

2) Last time I faced LM hunting packs they moved about like Skirmishers - so they shouldn't get a rank bonus in close combat. Don't quote me though, that's years ago.

3) Everything else can shoot in two ranks (at least), so I can see no reason why Razors wouldn't.

Phazael
04-08-2013, 08:47
Razordons can shoot, but there is no way for the second rank to place templates without hitting the front rank, so that's a no go. The rest is covered in the skirmish rules and handler rules.

BattleofLund
04-08-2013, 13:12
Razordons can shoot, but there is no way for the second rank to place templates without hitting the front rank, so that's a no go. The rest is covered in the skirmish rules and handler rules.

Do Razordons shoot templates though? I thought they fired Artillery Dice worth of shots, Salamanders being the template-firers?

The bearded one
04-08-2013, 13:58
With the template remark he is referring to salamanders. Razordons can shoot with both ranks though, salamanders just the front one (and maybe one of the second rank models if you're shooting at such an angle as to be able to place the template alongsidemthe first rank, without hitting your first rank)

Kneedles
05-08-2013, 06:06
Of note is that the unit is also skirmishers, so they can reform quickly. However, Salamanders no longer may march and shoot (sad face). If they charge or are charged, they react just like a unit of skirmishers would, so if you had your two ranks of Razordons, they would form a three wide, two deep unit.

Also, skirmishers cannot claim a rank bonus. Remember you cause fear though... That might help with some combats.

T10
05-08-2013, 09:28
I forget: Do Fire Throwers cause Painc Tests for causing one or more casualties?

-T10

Dokushin
05-08-2013, 17:34
I forget: Do Fire Throwers cause Painc Tests for causing one or more casualties?

-T10

Yes indeed; p114.

bigbiggles
06-08-2013, 09:34
Are salamander breath fire throwers now? If so that would explain why the auto panic test phrase was removed I heard

Kneedles
06-08-2013, 17:40
If so that would explain why the auto panic test phrase was removed I heard

I heard this too. At the very least, I miss the old wording as to why...

bigbiggles
08-08-2013, 10:36
They are fire throwers. So panic tests on a kill are still there