PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen kind of silly list

Mullitron
05-08-2013, 15:46
This isn't a serious list, its more of a 'what if' list that came to mind as I was trying to make a more balanced force, but thought Id share it in the hope of getting some opinions. The Engine of the gods ability to reduce the casting value of spells along with the lore of beasts attribute would hopefully make it a bit easier for the skinks to get an augment spell off on the stegadons. Now I could make it a bit more silly by dropping the temple guard, making the slann ethereal and adding another stegadon. Opinions would be nice. :)

Lords:

Slann priest
Harmonic convergence
becalming cogitation
channelling staff
bsb
Standard of Discipline

heroes:

Skink preist, lore of beasts
talisman of preservation
Ancient stegadon
unstoppable stampede
sharpened horns
engine of the gods (lore of beasts)

Skink preist, lore of beasts
dispel magic scroll

Core:

11 skink skirmishers

12 skink skirmishers

12 skink skirmishers

30 Saurus warriors
fc
spears

Special:

20 Temple Guard
fc
razor standard

Rare:

Ancient stegadon
unstoppable stampede
sharpened horns

Ancient stegadon
unstoppable stampede
sharpened horns

Total: 2400

RTGamer
05-08-2013, 16:04
Doesn't look silly at all the only thing that you will see is the skink priest on the Steg getting cannoned or spelled off turn 1-2.

The rest looks like what we will see with Lizards over the coming months but with maybe less stegs and more Sallies.

soultaker87
05-08-2013, 16:21
I would take the skink priest off the EotG as he doesn't get that 2+ save anymore. Make either one of the ancients a EotG or add another one to balance that out.

Mullitron
05-08-2013, 17:22
OK thanks, I just thought there were a few too many stegadons :p.
So how about I give the EOTG to a rare stegadon ancient, drop the priests mount and swap the talisman of preservation for the cube of darkness. I then include a normal stegadon in the special slot (with upgrades). This leaves me 30 points, I could add transcendent healing to my slann perhaps?

Spiney Norman
05-08-2013, 17:37
I would take the skink priest off the EotG as he doesn't get that 2+ save anymore. Make either one of the ancients a EotG or add another one to balance that out.

Except he doesn't have space in the rare section to do that...

If it were me I'd run the EotG in rare and switch one of the rare ancients out for a regular steg. I would also drop all the unstoppable stampede upgrades, they are far too expensive for an extra attack, esp when a steg does the majority of his damage through impact hits and stomps.

I would also think about perhaps dropping one of the stegs for some support units like chameleon skinks or Terradon/ripperdactyl riders, warmachines are really going to hurt you and you don't currently have anything that can deal with them before T3.

Mullitron
05-08-2013, 18:05
As a less silly variant how about this?

Lords:
slann priest
Harmonic convergence
becalming cogitation
channelling staff
bsb
Standard of Discipline

Heroes:

Skink preist 65 lore of beasts
dispel magic scroll

Skink preist 65 lore of beasts
cube of darkness

Core:

11 skink skirmishers

12 skink skirmishers

12 skink skirmishers

30 Saurus warriors
fc
spears

Special:

Stegadon
sharpened horns

20 Temple Guard
fc
razor standard

5 salamander skinks
stalker

5 salamander skinks
stalker

Rare:

salamander hunting pack
salamander hunting pack

Ancient stegadon
sharpened horns
engine of the gods

Total:2400

KingFerret
07-08-2013, 14:02
This looks to me like what I imagine most competitive lizardmen armies will look like in the new book.

Hope you have fun with it!

Spiney Norman
07-08-2013, 14:15
What lore are you proposing to use on the Slann?

Also I'm guessing the "salamander skinks" in your special section should be "chameleon skinks"?

All in all it looks very good