PDA

View Full Version : New Lizardmen, 2 Lists (2000pts)

Spiney Norman
05-08-2013, 16:25
List 1: The Monster Mash

Lords
Saurus Old Blood
Piranha Blade, Stegadon Helm, Potion of Speed, Dragonbane gem, Shield, Carnosaur w/ Loping Stride

Heroes
Skink Priest
L2, Lore of Beasts, Dispel scroll

Skink Priest
L2, Lore of Beasts, Cube of Darkness

Core
30 Saurus w/ spears & full command
10 Skink Skirmishers (pipes)
10 Skink Skirmishers (javs)

Special
Bastiladon w/ Solar Engine
6 Chameleon Skinks
Stegadon w/ Sharpened Horns

Rare
Ancient Stegadon w/ Sharpened Horns & Engine of the gods

List 2: The Slann Party
Lords
Slann Mage-Priest
Higher State of Conciousness, Focus of Mystery, Reservoir of Eldritch Energy, Cube of Darkness, Dragonbane gem, Battle Standard Bearer.

Heroes
Skink Priest
L1, Lore of Beasts, dispel scroll

Saurus Scar Veteran
Enchanted Shield, Light armour, Sword of Striking, Carnosaur w/ Loping Stride

Core
30 Saurus w/ spears & full command
10 Skink Skirmishers (pipes)
10 Skink Skirmishers (javs)

Special
Bastiladon w/ Solar Engine
6 Chameleon Skinks w/ stalker
3 Terradons

Rare
Ancient Stegadon w/ Sharpened Horns

Any comments and feedback

Bigman
05-08-2013, 18:10
Both have merits. I like them both!

nyahuma
06-08-2013, 07:21
If you are going to take a carni than I would prob. go with the first list. I'd take the Piranha Blade on the old-blood for the AP, Multiwound effect on the impact hits.

Spiney Norman
06-08-2013, 07:53
If you are going to take a carni than I would prob. go with the first list. I'd take the Piranha Blade on the old-blood for the AP, Multiwound effect on the impact hits.

I did think about that but the extra three attacks with PF is pretty horrific.

I'm also pretty sure that the piranha blade is not intended to give your impact hits from the helm D3 wounds. On the other hand it would give my Oldblood the points to take the potion of speed as well, which could actually be useful on occasions.

nyahuma
06-08-2013, 16:47
How you equip the OB really depend on the role you want him to play - carving through rank and file or going after monsters, characters or other multi-wound models. Personally I prefer the second one, especially if you are on a carnisaur, in which case the Piranha Blade and potion of speed is the way to go.

As far as the Piranha Blade rule, I suspect it was written the way it was in order to make sure he got the multi-wound from any PF attacks. But since I'm not putting TicTac in a unit until a FAQ, I'll be playing this one as written as well.

Spiney Norman
06-08-2013, 18:25
Ok, Ive switched his weapon options around a little.

What do you think about Temple guard, to me they look damn sexy even without the Slann, I'm considering dropping a steg and shifting some points around so I can fit in a unit of 20.

nyahuma
06-08-2013, 21:29
I like TG too, but seems a little risky in the non-slann list. Only 20 means is easy to lose steadfast and with no BSB you run a risk of losing them to one bad combat round. Plus you'd be losing the monster mash theme.

jarbo
07-08-2013, 03:24
Ok, Ive switched his weapon options around a little.

What do you think about Temple guard, to me they look damn sexy even without the Slann, I'm considering dropping a steg and shifting some points around so I can fit in a unit of 20.

Agreed. 3 points for a halbard, extra WS, extra I, and extra AS vs shooting is amazing. Add stubborn and Immune to psyc with the slann as a nice bonus and you have yourself a very nice reasonably priced unit.