PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos for Tournament (2400 pts)

Knifeparty
05-08-2013, 16:51
After a lot of changes in my WoC list, this is the list I have arrived at. Any suggestions? I want it to be sufficiently Brutal.

Lords:

Daemon Prince:
Mark: Slaanesh
Options: General, Chaos Armour, Wings, Level 4
Magic Items: Sword of Striking, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem
Daemonic Gifts: Scaled Skin, Spell Familiar, Soul Feeder, Flaming Breath
Magic Lore: Slaanesh

Heros:

Exalted Hero:
Mark: Khorne
Options: Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd
Mount: Juggernaut
Magic Items: Dragon Helm, Dawnstone, Ironcurse Icon

Core:

5 Warhounds:
Options: Vanguard

5 Warhounds:
Options: Vanguard

Chaos Chariot:
Mark: Nurgle

Chaos Chariot:

18 Warriors:
Options: Full Command, Halberds

Special:

12 Chaos Knights:
Options: Full Command, Lances
Magic Standard: Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare:

4 Skullcrushers of Khorne:
Options: Full Command, Ensorcelled Weapons

Lordcypress
05-08-2013, 17:15
The whole list looks solid. I prefer Mark of Nurgle on my Deamon Prince. I take it you simply want access to Lore of Shadow? If not I wouldn't bother with a Slaaneshh.

MLP
05-08-2013, 17:24
It does seem sufficiently brutal, however I would make the following changes:

Mark of Nurgle with Lore of Death on the DP for turbo-brutal.

Split the Chaos Knights in to two units of 6 with Ensorcelled Weapons. Lances are for when you expect to break in one round and you have a unit big enough to survive for more rounds. Remember you only get one support attack so a double 6 charge would be better than a single 12 charge (so long as you get all the models in).

Otherwise I'd say it's a powerful looking rounded list whilst not being your standard WoC netlist. Good work!

Knifeparty
05-08-2013, 17:39
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Actually about your point with the Lore of Slaanesh, I've been using it for quite some time and it's absolutely brutal. The first and last spells in that lore are game changers. If you encounter a unit that you don't want to deal with, bam now you have random movement d6 and ASL. I'd say it's one of the best lores in the game for those 2 spells alone. Though you are correct about the Nurgle Prince with Death, that is equally as brutal. I'm mostly worried about high elves at this point, and being able to say "no, your Frost Phoenix isn't going to be flying into my flank this turn" is gold.

As I said, I'm mostly worried about high elves and with 12 Knights is designed to tank that unit with the Banner of the World Dragon if I need to. That's the reason for Lances, because my Skullcrushers and Daemon Prince both have Magical attacks, I need at least one line breaker with just mundane attacks, coupled with 1+ armour and mark of Nurgle, they should at least stick for a round or two.

nyahuma
06-08-2013, 16:55
Looks solid to me. I'm taking a somewhat similar list to a tourney this weekend. I went all Nurgle and have more warriors, trolls and a hellcannon instead of the knights. Cannon and trolls also work well against BoWD, but the knights will do the job just as well (or better).

Morax
06-08-2013, 18:48
I'd take another Bloodcrusher as right now you don't have 5 or more models to give him a look out sir roll. That or swap him for a standard Tzeentch build so you don't need one. Aside from that is there a reason you have vanguard on the hounds? For most games, unless you have a specific reason in mind, a third unit would be a better choice than the vanguard. Dropping the champ from the knights can get you the other 10 points to make that change if you do want to go that route.

Bigman
07-08-2013, 00:27
I'd take another Bloodcrusher as right now you don't have 5 or more models to give him a look out sir roll. That or swap him for a standard Tzeentch build so you don't need one. Aside from that is there a reason you have vanguard on the hounds? For most games, unless you have a specific reason in mind, a third unit would be a better choice than the vanguard. Dropping the champ from the knights can get you the other 10 points to make that change if you do want to go that route.

With MI and MC you only need 3 RnF models to count for look out sir.

Bigman
07-08-2013, 00:28
Like others have said, a hellcannon is fantastic, ESP linked with slannesh as you can make them test on 3D6

nyahuma
07-08-2013, 00:43
. . . Aside from that is there a reason you have vanguard on the hounds? For most games, unless you have a specific reason in mind, a third unit would be a better choice than the vanguard. . .

Really disagree. I find that vanguard makes the hounds far more useful, they can get into position to redirect or bait even if the opponent gets first turn, can move up the flank faster to threaten war machines, and can get in the way of the opponent's vanguard units (which have to stay 12" away)

Kain187
07-08-2013, 01:35
With MI and MC you only need 3 RnF models to count for look out sir.

That is untrue. With MI and MC you need 3 to be considered a rank. If you read the LOS rules you need 5 MODELS to get a look out sir. This is true if their 5 dragons on the board for a los for a lord on dragon etc. This is why the los gnoblar is an upgrade for ogres.

Kain187
07-08-2013, 01:37
As to the list. I think its a great list. Fast movement in your face and with slaanesh you control your enemy's movement. I think games are won in the movement phase. One suggestion is to make your hero with flaming attacks thats with the skullcrushers and then you do not need the flaming banner with the knights.

Bigman
08-08-2013, 01:27
That is untrue. With MI and MC you need 3 to be considered a rank. If you read the LOS rules you need 5 MODELS to get a look out sir. This is true if their 5 dragons on the board for a los for a lord on dragon etc. This is why the los gnoblar is an upgrade for ogres.

I've had it ruled as such in tournaments. When questioned i was told that "The first part states whenever a rule talks about needing 5 or more models, such as working out a rank, count it as saying 3. The LoS states that you need 5 models. Ergo it is changed to 3 models".

The comma after the "wherever it states 5 or more models," is key, as it changes the next part (talking about rank bonus) to being only one of the possible situations where the change to 3 models is applied.

Like I said I've had it been ruled as such in tournaments.

Kain187
08-08-2013, 05:41
It doesnt matter how it is being ruled by your tournament. Read the rule book. On page 81 it states for MI/MC that in instances when it states "A RANK of 5 or more models" treat as "A RANK of 3 or more models". The problem you run into is on the los it does not reference A RANK it simply states you need 5 models of like troop for a LOS. Then lets take a trip to the ogre 8th edition book page 32 where they have to pay points for a gnoblar los to get a los for their chars and champs with 3 or more models. The fact that the 8th edition rule book is very clear on this and they have an 8th edition army that validates it makes your "he ruled at a tournament" argument fairly weak.

Bigman
08-08-2013, 10:32
I simply offered how I have played it and how I have been told to play it. I can see your view as well as mine. 'If' indeed your interpretation is correct then I will bring it up at the tournament(s) (more than one) I play at.

Anyway we are derailing this guys thread