PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Solid and playable allround list New Lizardmen

Frostsphere
06-08-2013, 09:14
Hi there,

as already indicated in the heading, I am looking for a solid allround list wtih 2500pts.

Im pretty new in Lizardmen and read the book and some Armylists / Discussions about it.

i play versus WoC, Skaven, High-Elves, Empire, Dwarfes an O&G...

My first though was:

Lord:
Slann Mage-Priest
Higher State of Conciousness, Focus of Mystery, Reservoir of Eldritch Energy, Cube of Darkness, Dragonbane gem, Battle Standard Bearer

Heroes:
Skink Priest, dispell Scroll, Lore of beasts
Saurus Old Blood Sword of Bloodshed, Stegadon Helm, Shield

Core:
39x Saurus Warrior (with Old Blood) 10*4 Full Command
10x Skink Skirmishers with Pipe
10x Skink Skirmishers with Pipe

Elite:

26 or 36 Temple Guards Full Command with Slaanlord 10*3 or 10*4 ?!

Special:
1x Bastilidon with Solar Engine
3x Terradons
1x Stegadon

I'm pretty new to Lizardmen so dont kill me :-)

I am very happy about feedback!

TiA

Spiney Norman
06-08-2013, 11:24
Good list aside from one thing
If your slann takes the Higher state discipline he cannot join the temple guard unit, if you want to run the slann in the Temple guard you should drop this discipline, if you would rather run the slann solo you could swap the temple guard out for something else, either another steg or a larger unit of saurus. On the other hand I do think that temple guard are actually worth their points without the presence of a slann this edition (assume 2pts for the halberds and 1pt to cover stat increases in WS and I).

Frostsphere
06-08-2013, 11:58
Thanks for your reply!

my slann should be running with my templeguard - so i need to drop the disc - any tipp for another one?

Thanks

Nixon28/02
06-08-2013, 13:29
Salamanders. Seriously they are brilliant.

Frostsphere
06-08-2013, 13:36
I hate the Salamanders :-) .. i really really hate them.. same like Kroxigores.. dont like em at all.. maybe i need to use some in my list.
you have a good salamander based list nixon?

Nixon28/02
06-08-2013, 13:49
I don't play Lizards but I've had half my army ripped to shreds by them once or twice, and salamanders always do lots of damage

N1AK
06-08-2013, 14:25
Good list aside from one thing
If your slann takes the Higher state discipline he cannot join the temple guard unit, if you want to run the slann in the Temple guard you should drop this discipline, if you would rather run the slann solo you could swap the temple guard out for something else, either another steg or a larger unit of saurus. On the other hand I do think that temple guard are actually worth their points without the presence of a slann this edition (assume 2pts for the halberds and 1pt to cover stat increases in WS and I).

Halberds are great in the current meta. S5 is good to begin with but combined with easy access to Beasts on hero mages the ability to wildform up to S6/S5 makes them a very viable line unit. If I could bring myself to buy and paint 40 then I'd be giving them a run out.

Spiney Norman
06-08-2013, 14:34
Halberds are great in the current meta. S5 is good to begin with but combined with easy access to Beasts on hero mages the ability to wildform up to S6/S5 makes them a very viable line unit. If I could bring myself to buy and paint 40 then I'd be giving them a run out.

This is exactly why I'm so shocked that TG are as cheap as they are in the new book, compared to saurus they get +1WS/I/Sv and halberds, they only cost 1pt more than frickin Tomb Guard, add to that a solar engine can actually buff them up to I3, which, while it is pretty average overall its flipping amazing for lizardmen and I'll be surprised not to see every list with a unit of these badboys in, slann or no. I already have 20 of the old metals and 20 plastic ones that I havent even assembled yet, I guess I'd better get a riggle on with the plastics.

N1AK
06-08-2013, 15:32
This is exactly why I'm so shocked that TG are as cheap as they are in the new book, compared to saurus they get +1WS/I/Sv and halberds, they only cost 1pt more than frickin Tomb Guard, add to that a solar engine can actually buff them up to I3, which, while it is pretty average overall its flipping amazing for lizardmen and I'll be surprised not to see every list with a unit of these badboys in, slann or no. I already have 20 of the old metals and 20 plastic ones that I havent even assembled yet, I guess I'd better get a riggle on with the plastics.

I think they're probably about right. They have one considerable downside over Saurus: they aren't core. Otherwise they have the same downside as most other elite infantry, they're infantry and the cost doesn't line up with what you can get in other categories. Tomb Guard are a great example of a unit of special infantry that never gets fielded because the points are better spent on other things (but would get taken if they were core). Temple Guard are good enough that it's worth considering them against other special/rare/hero/lord options.

DarkMark
06-08-2013, 19:36
I hate the Salamanders :-) I really, really hate them and Kroxigors; don't like 'em at all though maybe I need to use some in my list.
Do you have a good salamander based list Nixon?

You sure you're playing the right army? :p

Adding a couple of sallies can help most lists I reckon. If you don't like the models there's plenty of decent counts-as about.