PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt Warriors with 500pts HE allies!!!

Lordcypress
07-08-2013, 00:41
So this is a Warriors of Chaos army I designed for an upcoming tournament. Your main list is 2500pts. Your allies forces is 500pts of any warhammer race you like!!! The only rules is that the 500pt force has to 25% core and the characters cannot be your BSB or Generals. Other than that there is no other restrictions so you can just imagine the possibilities out there.

I know one of the Scenarios will be the Watchtower. That's why you'll see my Warrior unit so small. I really think they have a strong chance of holding with the BSB if I win the roll off. I decided to go with the Arch Mage form the High Elves because I really like the High Magic Lore. It just has so many tools in it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daemon Prince
Daemon of Nurgle, Chaos Armour, Charmed Shield, Dragon Bane Gem, Daemonic Flight, Soul Feeder, Scaled Skin, Sword of Striking, Flaming Breath, Poisonous Slime, Level 1 Wizard (Lore of Death)

Exalted Hero
Mark of Nurgle, Bsb, Shield, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone, Iron Curse Icon

Throgg

5 x Warhounds
5 x Warhounds
5 x Warhounds

17 x Trolls

19 x Chaos Warriors (BSB here)
Mark of Nurgle, Halberds, Full Command, Banner of Discipline, Shields

4 x Skullcrushers of Khorne
Ensorcelled Weapons, Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of Rage.

HellCannon

Total: 2499pts

Allied Force: High Elves 500pts

Arch Mage
Level 4, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Book of Hoeth, Gem of Sunfire, Warrior Bane Sword (had 5pts to waste)

13 x Archers (Arch Mage here in bunker)
Standard

Great Eagle

philsnow
07-08-2013, 20:25
Drop spawn, add full command to SC and add vanguard to at least some of your dogs

Lordcypress
07-08-2013, 21:11
Is having a champion in the skull crusher a good idea. My only concern is if I get charged by a powerful character and he issues a challenge. All ill have is a standard for combat resolution. But that is definitely a good point about vanguard. Will have to seriously consider that option.

Heepnose
07-08-2013, 23:20
I dont like running the champion on the skullcrushers because as you mentioned it can get rid of quite a lot of your combat res. A lot of the time its better to dish out those hits on the rest of the unit

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lordcypress
09-08-2013, 01:14
Modified the list. I took out the Spawn and gave my SkullCrushers a musician. Then with the extra points I made my Deamon Prince a Level 1 Wizard. He can cast the odd Spirit Leech. With his ability to fly and leadership 9, casting on the 7+ with 2 dice could be an effective option. With the last of the points I gave my BSB the Iron CurseIcon.