PDA

View Full Version : Kroxigors/skink cohorts

nickdahkwik
07-08-2013, 13:07
If I read it correctly when in CC you must kill all Kroxigors before you can attack Skinks, like monsters/handlers rule is this right? it seems when in new LM book some details on this were not clear,thx.

T10
07-08-2013, 13:15
It seems pretty clear that each attacking model gets to direct his attacks according to what enemy he is in base contact with.

-T10

diggerydoom
07-08-2013, 13:32
The only exception to the normal rules is that a model that is in contact with a skink who is in base-to-base with a kroxigor.

Spiney Norman
07-08-2013, 13:44
If I read it correctly when in CC you must kill all Kroxigors before you can attack Skinks, like monsters/handlers rule is this right? it seems when in new LM book some details on this were not clear,thx.

I think I see where the confusion is, the rule is very badly worded but I'm pretty sure the intention behind it was to say that a model could only attack a kroxigor if it was in B2B with a skink that is in B2B with a Kroxigor, i.e. subsequent ranks behind the first cannot hit Kroxigor. I do remember reading the rule several times trying to figure out what it was actually getting at.

nickdahkwik
07-08-2013, 15:46
Okay that makes more sense, otherwise if in my post at top were true they would be a tough unit,thx and I will reread codex tonight .

Spiney Norman
07-08-2013, 22:32
I grant you it would be amusing, it would be a good place to put your skink priests apart from anything else, lets have a closer look at the wording now I'm back home

"Unless otherwise stated, close combat attacks can only target Kroxigor within a mixed unit if an enemy model is either in base contact with a Kroxigor or if an enemy model is in base contact with a skink who is in turn in base contact with a Kroxigor"

That is probably one of the most ambiguously worded rules I've seen, I struggle with the idea that they didn't see the problems is would throw up.

The problem is the word "only" because there are two ways of reading it, either you read it that if one of your models is in B2B with a skink that is in B2B with a Krox then all of the units CC attacks can only be resolved against the Kroxigor, or you read it that you can't target the Krox unless the stated conditions are met (but are free to target the skinks even if the conditions are met).

What seems clear is that as long as at least one model in the unit is in B2B with a skink in B2B with a Kroxigor then the entire unit can attack the Kroxis (or at least all those eligible to make attacks).

Avian
07-08-2013, 22:44
Heh!

I'm fairly confident that the intent of this rule was that only those enemy models who are in base contact with a Krox, or a Skink who is in turn in base contact with a Krox, can attack Kroxes.

T10
08-08-2013, 10:05
I initially had the impression that it was target-things-in-contact, but it turned out I hadn't read the rule properly.

This looks more like it.

-T10

diggerydoom
08-08-2013, 10:18
That diagram was how I had read the rule as well.

bigbiggles
08-08-2013, 10:33
Only the front rank of the dark red can fight krox. Models have to be in b2b contact with a skink touching a kroxigor to be able to target the krogigor

Spiney Norman
08-08-2013, 13:38
Only the front rank of the dark red can fight krox. Models have to be in b2b contact with a skink touching a kroxigor to be able to target the krogigor

Check the supporting attacks rule, models in subsequent ranks can attack whatever the guy at the front of their file can attack.

Knighted
08-08-2013, 14:18
Purely from a language standpoint, this has got to be the most poorly written book out of the last four.

bigbiggles
08-08-2013, 17:25
Are we sure the btb part does not override supporting attacks?

Spinocus
08-08-2013, 17:26
Purely from a language standpoint, this has got to be the most poorly written book out of the last four.

No surprise there, poorly written and confusing rules are Vetock's hallmark. For all his vision & imagination JV's rules have created more controversy and forum and tabletop arguments than any other GW WHFB author in recent memory. His Skaven 7th ed book was a veritable tour de force of anxiety inducing, special rules wackiness. The sheer size and number of the FAQs that were released in the aftermath of the 7th ed Skaven book is the stuff of legend.