PDA

View Full Version : Regiments of Renown...

daa6
07-08-2013, 16:04
Hi All..

I have re-found the pdf for Regiments of Renown but does anyone have or know the missions which were played at the even, and how it panned out?

just wanting an idea as I thought it would be a giggle and a quick to play war "skirmish" with "little men..orc's/elves/rats etc"... full battles are harder to fit in at the mo...

Thanks...

"clone thread in 40k too, thanks for your time and feedback"

:)

Ramius4
07-08-2013, 16:19
I have re-found the pdf for Regiments of Renown but does anyone have or know the missions which were played at the even, and how it panned out?

What does this mean?

Artiee
07-08-2013, 17:04
If he found the one for Warhammer World.. I sure he is asking what scenarios that was played at the Warhammer World EvenT

daa6
07-08-2013, 18:55
Thankyou, Artiee.

I could have sworn that was spelt right :) Need to proof read better.

But yes, its was meant to be what scenarios were played at the event... just to get an idea of scale and play.

Thanks again, all.

sorberec
07-08-2013, 20:29
You might want to check out the amended version of these rules that the Tale of Four Geeks podcast drew up.

Most (if not all, been a few weeks since I listened to the episode covering the RoR event) of the hosts of the podcast went and they found a few small balance issues with the rules as GW laid out that they've addressed in their version.

MLP
07-08-2013, 20:41
I agree with the T4G one being worth a read.

The scenario played was just a basic pitched battle on a 4x4 table with a good amount of scenery. Nothing special really as the games were only 30 mins each. Great fun though.

daa6
08-08-2013, 12:29
Thanks for advice sorberec and MLP.

I will track it down..... MLP, reads like it was "2" groups of adventurers bumping into each other in the wild.... I can see some long tern rivalry and grudge making... and possible quests in the future...

Thanks again

daa6
08-08-2013, 12:30
Double Post,

ArtificerArmour
08-08-2013, 15:47
You might want to check out the amended version of these rules that the Tale of Four Geeks podcast drew up.

Most (if not all, been a few weeks since I listened to the episode covering the RoR event) of the hosts of the podcast went and they found a few small balance issues with the rules as GW laid out that they've addressed in their version.

I went with the T4G team (and I'm Matt Ward Saves off twitter so have been a guest on the show) and there were a few teething problems. Things like the epic flail were a bit much, but in hindsights the rules laid out by GW are pretty good as pick up and play.

A few more missions were needed, but it was a good laugh. I strongly recommend getting a few of you and having "warhammer speed dating" where you all swap seats after each game and play each other. Great laugh.