PDA

View Full Version : the fallen - thinking of an army...

||-MARKO-||
02-06-2006, 17:56
ive read a lot about the dark angel fllen recently, cypher and the lot, and also read a lot about me needing to get my backside in gear and make myself a tournament army for my club's annual tournament...

i thought it would be something... different to make an army of the fallen, led by none other than cypher himself.

question is, which army list do i use? space marines? chaos? guard!?

any advice appreciated...

AUN'SHI
02-06-2006, 18:35
You can't use fallen with marines. Only chaos and imperial gaurd. Id say use chaos and giving them chaos marines rules but make them all fallen marins.

Un less you want a larger army use imperial gaurd if like have large armies with many tanks use imperial gaurd. Id probably use chaose marines and make all my guys fallen angles.

And cypher is cool. I think he might be in the new darkangel book. But don't quote me on that

Antaeus
02-06-2006, 18:35
In background terms an entire army of Fallen would be rather odd. But I suppose it could happen...

In that case, to make an army of Fallen I think Codex: Space Marines would be the best choice - however, this means no Cypher. If you're that bothered about using Cypher himself, than I'd go for Chaos Marines in game terms, but using mainly Space Marine models (with suitbale iconography to denote who they are).

Cheatah
02-06-2006, 18:38
The fallen don't congregate into armies... they are loners spread all across the galaxy... but if you want to have all black-armoured marines... go for it :)
As for rules, your choice: SM or CSM (no guard whatsoever...) whichever you like best.

EDIT:

In background terms an entire army of Fallen would be rather odd. But I suppose it could happen...
Antaeus beat me to it...

||-MARKO-||
02-06-2006, 18:54
hhhmmm.... mmaybe i could use cypher, with a single squad of ''the gathered'', and support from black legion or something?

Subtext
02-06-2006, 19:01
Here is what I said the last time when the "Fallen army" topic came up:

Fallen don't operate in big groups. Do it more the Astellan Way in Angels of Darkness. Take no more than about 5 Fallen and give them some Traitor Guard, corrupted PDF, Rebells or some thing. If they would group up too big, they would be much easier to track down by my Dark Angels.

||-MARKO-||
02-06-2006, 19:18
so... i take cypher, a squad of 5 or so CSM, and then throw in a bunch of traitor quard etc. unfortunately, thats not possible with any army list in existence as yet...

Musa
02-06-2006, 19:20
I think either LatD or Alpha Legion gives the Best results for Fallen

Alpha Legion rules give you rebels/corrupt guard / traitors that count as cultists.

LatD is similar. It can basically mean that the Fallen are pretending to be Astartes and using a guard platoon to further their own needs.

||-MARKO-||
02-06-2006, 19:32
nice... its fluffy, and its official. unfortunately, LATD are ruled out by the new tournament rules...

Sir_Turalyon
02-06-2006, 20:16
Chaos Space Marine rules for Fallen(no marks of chaos and no deamons through). Dark Angels models with lot of Rouge Traderr / pre heresy style elements.

LatD rules are nice to have some Cypher followers (not necessarely guardsmen, but culists of the voice, local rebels or other basic humans), but some people might argue you cn't take Cypher with LatD.

That's how I was doing it, anyway...

pablofiasco
02-06-2006, 20:22
what about a small number of greynights attached to an Ig army?
just model up some fallen, use greyknight rules for them, attach to ig, perfectly legal,
Plus the Greyknight special rules/such could represent the "better" equipment avaible during the heresy/stolen from other later stuff

luna wolf
02-06-2006, 20:52
why dont you just use the chaos army list, but use the normal space marine models and as for back ground it could be company of fallen when they were fighting against there loyal brothers during the horus heresy.

Apollyon
02-06-2006, 22:02
to have more than a squad in one place at one time is unfluffy as hell:mad:

ive read a lot about the dark angel fllen recently, cypher and the lot, and also read a lot about me needing to get my backside in gear and make myself a tournament army for my club's annual tournament...

i thought it would be something... different to make an army of the fallen, led by none other than cypher himself.

question is, which army list do i use? space marines? chaos? guard!?

any advice appreciated...

Apollyon
02-06-2006, 22:05
what he said

Here is what I said the last time when the "Fallen army" topic came up:

||-MARKO-||
03-06-2006, 09:02
ok. heres the plan. i take a chaos space marine army, and model up a command squad of fallen. if not a command squad, atooled up squad of csm's to represent them. then i take a bunch of other fluffy stuff to make up the rest, and cypher. what could i use to bulk up the army?

Reign in Blood
03-06-2006, 09:30
There are semi-official rules for cypher...that is they were in White Dwarf when they were doing heroes and villians of the 41st millenium or something. It states that if you want to use cypher he can be accompanied by a group of the fallen. They count as a single elite choice and are veterans or something or rather (i didn't think they had veterans as such but whatever). If you search on the internet you can find the rules but you have to be careful because when I looked them up (I couldn't be bothered getting my mates WD off him) and some were completely rediculous...in other words they were wrong. I might have a print out somewhere with the rules..I could try to find them for the website and to clarify if you like?

Caboose
03-06-2006, 18:04
use marine models but make them traitors
basically choas rule just like red corsares

use cultists mainly though to show that there isnt actually a army of fallen just samll groups that have banneded together

Melchor
03-06-2006, 18:11
I always fancied using the 13th Company rules for a Fallen warband... Think about it.
It's a small army, scouting, no vehicles and they have a grudge with regular Dark Angels. :cool: Just stay clear of Fenrisian Wolves and rename the Wolfy wargear you're using. It would rawk! :D

Too bad the UKGT banned the use of EoT lists... It would probably be alright for club tournaments though.

||-MARKO-||
03-06-2006, 18:22
ok. heres my plan, what iv decided on after a 2 and a half hour discussion at my hobby centre.

for the tournament, you need a kill-team, your regular 1,500pts, and a combat patrol.

for my 1500 pts, ill finish off my blood angels (see signature)
for the kill-team, an arbites themed guard thing, which will double up as HV's in my cadian army.
and for combat patrol, a 13th comp ''fallen warband'', from just before they were exiled through time and space.

lol, melchor, you beat me to it!