PDA

View Full Version : Charging into water

mazz0
09-08-2013, 02:05
So, if I'm reading the rules correctly it seems a unit with aquatic has no advantage over one without when the aquatic unit is in water and is charged by a unit without aquatic. It has an advantage compared to non-aquatic units receiving the charge, but no advantage over the charging unit. It seems weird that the normal unit can't match through the water, but can charge through it.

OK, so it doesn't take dangerous terrain tests, but looking at the mysterious rivers table you only have a ⅓ chance of having to take one anyway, so that's not much of an advantage.

Sorry if this has been discussed (many, many times) before. Just seems intuitive that an aquatic unit would have a bonus in combat against a non-aquatic unit in water, but it doesn't. Am I interpreting the rules correctly, and are there any I've missed?

Lord Dan
09-08-2013, 02:59
I apologize if I'm just being daft, but what is your question, exactly?

MasterSplinter
09-08-2013, 06:19
As far as i can tell you are right. I think that the rules for rivers (are there even rules for water?) are not perfect - it slows your movement at one time but doesnt prevent you to charge 18 inch over a river...
One could houserule that, making charging through rivers count as dangerous terrain, or splitting the charging value in two.

mazz0
11-08-2013, 21:30
Lord Dan - basically it's just “am I missing something?”

Thanks MasterSplinter, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bit illogical.