PDA

View Full Version : Some daemon questions

Methios
09-08-2013, 10:52
I was wondering a few things about daemons:

- When you charge a chariot into a unit. And you then proceed to challenge some poor chap with your alluress. Can your chariot be targeted when the duel is being fought?
- skulltaker: Cloak of skulls grand him a 4+ armor save. Does this cummulate to 3+ cause of the scaly skin and to 1+ if he mounts a bloodcrusher?
- Bloodthirster: Does the aditional hand weapon grand him 7 attacks instead of 6. Giving skarbrand 8 attacks with his frenzy? Or are the additional hand weapons factored in their profile?

furrie
09-08-2013, 11:24
1. The chariot is part of the challenge, so it can only hit the poor chap and only the poor chap can hit the chariot.
2. If the cloak doesn't say that it can't be improved then it cummulate.
3. I don't have the book with me, but I would say he has 7 attacks/

Methios
09-08-2013, 11:43
So if i charge a charriot in i do impact hits on the unit. Then i challenge, and proceed fighting the duel. Rendering the unit i charge inable to destroy the chariot until my hero is out of the duel? That sounds neat.

furrie
09-08-2013, 12:22
So if i charge a charriot in i do impact hits on the unit. Then i challenge, and proceed fighting the duel. Rendering the unit i charge inable to destroy the chariot until my hero is out of the duel? That sounds neat.
Not sure if the impact hits happen before or after a challenge is called for. I don't have the brb with me.

Artiee
09-08-2013, 13:28
Impact hits happen before the challenge.

Kalandros
10-08-2013, 06:13
Extra Attacks are not factored in the profile of Bloodthirster and Skarbrand, its their profile attacks +1 for 2 Weapons, but if you take a Weapon gift on the Bloodthirster, you lose that +1 Attack, you can't use mundane weapons with a magic one.

MasterSplinter
10-08-2013, 12:04
Impact Hits from chariots are distributed like shooting attacks, so i would say they hit the unit itself. Its a weird situation with impact hits -> like the thing when charging a single character in the look out bubble of a unit within 3", there he gets to make his look out save against impact hits since they are distributed like shooting attacks^^

Artiee
10-08-2013, 15:50
Impact Hits from chariots are distributed like shooting attacks, so i would say they hit the unit itself. Its a weird situation with impact hits -> like the thing when charging a single character in the look out bubble of a unit within 3", there he gets to make his look out save against impact hits since they are distributed like shooting attacks^^

You are one FAQ behind.. They changed it back to that you do not get LOS on impact hits.

Methios
10-08-2013, 17:00
Im still a lil confused about the chariot thingie. If you have an exalted chariot. With an allures on it. You charge into a block. and do some impact hits. You then challenge and it ges accepted.
There are then still normal Daemonettes on the chariot. Which do not get to fight in the challenge. But the chariot is still not targetable by the unit because its in a challenge?

furrie
10-08-2013, 17:42
Im still a lil confused about the chariot thingie. If you have an exalted chariot. With an allures on it. You charge into a block. and do some impact hits. You then challenge and it ges accepted.
There are then still normal Daemonettes on the chariot. Which do not get to fight in the challenge. But the chariot is still not targetable by the unit because its in a challenge?
The crew is also in the challenge, so the crew itself can also only attack the character.

Fazhoul
12-08-2013, 20:50
ok Am I missing something, The allures is not a Character, how can she be in a challenge. The only way for this scenario to happen as far as I can see is to replace the Aluress with a Herald... or am I missing something?

Artiee
12-08-2013, 21:54
the Allueress is a champion. Champions can issue and except challenges. (this is Fantasy not 40k)