PDA

View Full Version : 3000 High Elf Griffons Galore

Citadel97501
09-08-2013, 21:26
Hello all, I recently picked up 3 griffons dirt cheap and I was wondering how people would feel about the following list using all 3 of them? The intent is to hunt war-machines until ready to triple charge a single valuable unit with the griffons, I can definitely see hitting all 4 points of a Deathstar unit with my Dragon Princes and Griffons.

The Phoenix Guard are one of the toughest things I can think of,and give me a bunker to put the Mage in giving everyone involved, a massive 3 + ward save and pretty good counter magic. I normally use a Lore Master instead but that would require squeezing 10 points out of the prince due to percentages.

Prince
-Griffon with ASF
-Dragon Armor
-Helm of Discord
-Crown of Command
-Charmed Shield
-Star Lance

Arch Mage
-Level 4, High magic
-Book of Hoeth
-Talisman of Preservation

Noble
-Griffon with ASF
-Dragon Armor
-Lance
-Enchanted Shield

Noble with ASF
-Heavy Armor
-Lance
-Dragon Helm
-Shield

Sea Guard x 20
-Musician
-Banner

Sea Guard x 20
-Musician
-Banner

Archers x 23

Dragon Princes x 18
-Banner
-BotWD

Phoenix Guard x 24
-Banner
-Musician
-Banner of Discipline

Kain187
09-08-2013, 22:04
I would run silver helms and reavers for your core make up. This gives your entire army fast movement. In my experience in the past when you have flying and mounted troops then foot troops it always feels like the foot troops get left behind or you stagger your faster troops and lose that benefit of the movement. Another suggestion might be death magic. This can help you debuff the entire enemy army with -1 str and toughness and snipe out the enemy bsbs. This makes your terror and your griffons that much stronger. Sounds like a fun list either way. Could you remove the PG and add a frost phoenix? Then place your remaing caster in an archer unit. Everything else is on your enemy turn2.

Citadel97501
13-08-2013, 03:10
Does anyone have an opinion on dropping the Star Lance for a Sword of Might? This lets me switch out my caster for a Lore Master with the Sword of Anti-Heroes, Book of Hoeth, and the Shield of the MerWyrm?

That gives me more versatility but I lose out on some of the dispel power?