PDA

View Full Version : Warriors 2600pts Advice please.

Dirty Mac
11-08-2013, 16:48
2600 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Hi guys I have written a list up, I would like you guys to go over it. it is my first go with the new book
I will be fighting HE, I have given the Skull Crushers Lances, If I take ensorceled I will be 3 points over. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

The BSB and the Lvl 2 will go in with the warriors.
He will have skirmishers so I might keep the fast cav in the back to take them out.

Daemon Prince (1#, 555 pts)
1 Daemon Prince of Nurgle, 555 pts Lvl 4
Wings
Chaos Armour
1 Sword of Striking
1 Charmed Shield
1 Dragonbane Gem
1 Soul Feeder
1 Scaled Skin (Scaly Skin)
1 Chaos Familiar
1 Flaming Breath
1 The Lore of Nurgle

1 Chaos Sorcerer, 190 pts Level 2 Upgrade;
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Dispel Scroll
1 Talisman of Protection
1 The Lore of Shadow

Exalted Hero of Nurgle (Battle Standard Bearer), 199 pts Halberd; Shield;
Talisman of Endurance
The Other Trickster's Shard

28 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle, 605 pts FC; Halberd; Shield
Standard of Discipline

3 Skullcrushers of Khorne, 251 pts Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Lance;

1 Chimera, 290 pts (Flaming Breath; Regenerating Flesh; Venomous Ooze;

1 Chaos Chariot of Nurgle, 125 pts

Chaos Chariot (3#, 125 pts)
1 Chaos Chariot of Nurgle, 125pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, (Musician Mus; Throwing Axe; 95 pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, (Musician Mus; Throwing Axe; 95 pts

5 Chaos Warhounds, 30 pts

5 Chaos Warhounds, 30 pts

Total Roster Cost: 2596

Lordcypress
11-08-2013, 20:24
I think the list as a whole is good. Any suggestions I give you will be simply my own preferences so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I would probably strip down that Level 2 Sorcerer to nothing. Or take him out all together. Ya Chaos Sorcerers are decent fighters but I would still just have him hang out in the background as a scroll caddy. This would save you enough points to take another Skullcrusher. I've found that 4 Skullcrushers is the magic number for these guys. As for the 10 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, have you thought about running them in the 2 units of 5? That way they can still perform the tasks that you want but can also be used as chaff and throw away units if you get in a pinch and all your hounds are dead.

Anyways those are my thoughts.

Dirty Mac
12-08-2013, 00:23
I thought about that, But I wanted the unit to have a bit of substance in case I needed it in combat, also I was concerned with cluttering up the board too much with chaff and the like, and leaving me open to excessive shooting.

EDIT:

I dropped the lvl 2 down and stripped him down, he will just be a scroll caddy.
I split the horsemen in to 2 units, and I added another skull crusher. But I had to drop a warrior to make it all fit.

What are your thoughts?

bambamBIGILO
12-08-2013, 12:48
I would suggest more tank on your BSB, if you stripped the lvl 2 of it i would put the tailsmen of preservation on the bsb with enchanted shield. I prefer flails on my character but that's just a prefrence, I like having my shield in CC for the armor boost.

I really love vanguard on my dogs but then its up to you.

TheKingInYellow
12-08-2013, 16:58
I'd drop venomous ooze on the Chimera to get Ensorcelled Weapons on the Crushers.

Dirty Mac
13-08-2013, 10:37
ok I got Vanguard on both hounds, Dropped 1 warrior, and gave skull crushers a champ and encorceld weapons. and dropped poison of chimera

AM1640
15-08-2013, 21:43
If you still have the standard on the marauder horsemen, drop it. Did you include chaos armour on the Demon Prince, I don't see it.

Dirty Mac
17-08-2013, 14:09
Yes to chaos armour, i didn't add it on the list sorry, and The standards had also been dropped, I failed to amend that. But i'll edit it now.