PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

huitzilopochtli
12-08-2013, 16:47
1. Warpfire throwers can stand and shoot. What happens if they stand and shoot against an opponent beyond the maximum range of the template?

2. If I charge a ubit behind a fence but am unable to close the door because there are models preventing the wheel, is the charged unit forced to abandon his obstacle and wheel over it to meet me?

Cheers!

Artiee
12-08-2013, 16:56
1. They miss.

2. Yes, Me personally will still give the obstacle to the opponent.

hamsterwheel
12-08-2013, 20:00
1. I personally play it that the unit continues forward until the very tip of the flame template hits the unit so one or two models may be hit.

Blkc57
12-08-2013, 20:20
1. Technically the stand and shoot reaction occurs the moment the first model reaches the maximum range of the weapon in the case of the fire thrower that is 18 inches (the 8 inches of the template plus result of 10 on the artillery dice). Now this is a bad situation for the fire thrower because only one roll will result in a hit and only a few models will register that hit, next time position those warp fire throwers better and keep your firing lanes clear.

2. Yes the opponent wheels to meet you but he still keeps the benefit of the obstacle.

huitzilopochtli
12-08-2013, 22:19
Cheers guys. ;) 1. Wasn't my warpfire thrower and luckily it blew up so no need to work it out at the time. And 2. Yeah we decided he should keep the benefits of the obstacle but actually completely forgot about it in combat. C'est la vie. :shifty: