PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points Bretonnia competitive

Keeper
15-08-2013, 22:05
Hey guys,

I'm participating in a 1000 points league at my local gaming store. The league is quite competetive and the armies I'm going to face are Warriors of Chaos, Ogres, High Elves, Orks and Goblins, Deamons of Chaos and Skaven.

I considered the following two list and I'm not quite sure which one I should choose since it is not able to change your list once the league has started.

1st list:

*************** 2 Heroes ***************

Paladin, General, Knights's Vow
+ Shield
+ Barded Warhorse
+ Sword of Might, Gromril Great Helm

Paladin, Knights's Vow
+ Barded Warhorse
+ Enchanted Shield
+ Battlestandard Bearer

*************** 3 Core Units ***************

13 Knights Errant, Musician, Standardbearer
+ Errantry Banner

12 Knights of the Realm, Musician, Standardbearer
+ Warbanner

10 Peasant Bowmen

*************** 1 Rare Unit ***************

Field Trebuchet

Obviously I'm going nearly all cavalry with this list with both heroes in the KE unit and no damsel.

The second list I considered looks as follows:

*************** 2 Heroes ***************

Damsel of the Lady, General, Level 2 Upgrade
+ Lore of the Beasts
+ Icon of Quenelles

Paladin, Knights's Vow
+ Barded Warhorse
+ Enchanted Shield
+ Battlestandard Bearer

*************** 4 Core Units ***************

9 Knights Errant, Musician, Standardbearer
+ Errantry Banner

8 Knights of the Realm, Musician, Standardbearer

10 Peasant Bowmen

38 Men-at-arms, Halberds, Musician, Standardbearer

*************** 1 Rare Unit ***************

Field Trebuchet

I really can't decide which list I should choose or which one would be more competitive. I would be really grateful for any kind of advice, input and criticism.

I would also appreciate any ideas or advice on how to improve either of the lists.

Thanks for your help

thomas
15-08-2013, 23:42
I would go with list number 2. You still have 2 groups of knights + a nice big block of man-at-arms. The damsel is also you one magic defense and attack. I am not sure if you have have Enchanted Shield and be a BSB but if not the dragonhelmet is not a bad option. Not a 1+ save armor save but a 2+ and you even get a 2+ ward against flame attacks (nice vs flame banner units and some few characters with flame attacks).

King Arthur
16-08-2013, 21:04
I would prefer number 1 if you put a lvl 2 damsel in there instead of the paladin otherwise I prefer your choices, but would swap the war banner and a KotR for another treb and another knight errant.