PDA

View Full Version : 2500 High Elf Monsters

sigmarus
19-08-2013, 02:03
This list is designed to 1. not have infantry so that dreaded 13th is worthless, 2. to be fast for maneuverability, and 3. to charge an enemy deathstar and win.

Prince on Star Dragon, dragon armor, lance, charmed shield, dawnstone, golden crown of atrazar, longbow
Caradryan on Frost Phoenix
Mage, 2 (high), barded steed, feedback scroll
10 Silver Helms, sheilds, full command
4x5 Ellyrion Reavers, bows, mus
Lion Chariot
2x Frostheart Phoenixes
1 Great Eagle

Total: 2497 Points

Let me know your thoughts as well as forseeable problems or units that would beat this army. As of right now, I understand that cannonballs and a storm banner would be my biggest threats.

Inglorious
19-08-2013, 09:40
doesn't seem like a bad list, although having your mage in your silver helms (i'm guessing) is like gifting your opponent victory points, being in the front rank of a combat unit with only a 5+ save is a sure way to watch your mage die. That or running around by itself.

how are you going to beat steadfast units? you can't rely on having all 10 silver helms to brake the flank and you will never have more ranks than your opponent.

these are the only 2 problems i see in this very manouverable and aggressive army list of yours.

sigmarus
19-08-2013, 14:35
mage goes in with the silver helms to give them a ward save if it gets off some high magic spells. This keeps my unit alive. Once I get into combat, It will hopefully be with a phoenix or two, and the mage will hopefully hang off the end. If it dies then it dies (as long as i can use my scroll beforehand haha).

Right now I cannot deal with steadfast, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem against most armies. If I have a dragon lord and 2 phoenixes hit one unit, thats 3d6 thunderstomps. Warriors don't have enough models to keep steadfast, Vampire counts I will destroy a whole unit due to crumbling, and daemons also will lose additional models. Other top tier armies? Skaven - this will be rough, but I will be charging wherever his greyseer is, not some slave unit. Dark elves - they are toughness 3, I can win eventually. Empire - If I am in combat, he cant hit me with cannonballs.

Eventually I will not have to worry about steadfast. The rest of my army lures away other units.

a18no
19-08-2013, 19:37
Or you could change your lore. With -3LD, you got a weapon against steadfast unit.

thrawn
19-08-2013, 21:23
Empire? your going to feel the pain against empire i think (especially unbreakable stanks and cannon balls). in our circle empire is common (cheap 1+ armour save army) so i would not take a list like yours, but your right, against most opponents it's a solid list.