PDA

View Full Version : New to WoC - 2000 points of Khorne

Sackree
20-08-2013, 01:14
So yesterday I put a cheeky bid on an auction and ended up winning what could possibly be one of the greatest deals I’ll ever find!
Almost 2000 points of older WoC models for NZ$45.40, so roughly US$36

I now own:

40 Warriors w/ 2x full command
12 Knights w/ full command
2 chariots

So the first thing I did is whip up a list using what I have and chucked in some of my direwolves as warhounds. So having never played as warriors before, tell me how this looks?

+++ WoC 2000 (1999pts) +++
+++ 2000pt Warriors of Chaos 8th ed Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Warriors of Chaos 8th ed (Standard) Selections:

+ Heroes + (442pts)

* Chaos Sorcerer (220pts)
Level 2, Lore of Shadows, On foot
* Gifts of Chaos (25 p)
Chaos Familiar
* Magic Items (50 p)
Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation

* Exalted Hero (222pts)
Army Battle Standard, Chaos Steed (barded), Halberd, Mark of Khorne
* Gifts of Chaos (25 p)
Soul feeder
* Magic Items (50 p)
Chalice of Chaos, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm

+ Core + (1107pts)

* Chaos Chariot (120pts)
Mark of Khorne

* Chaos Chariot (120pts)
Mark of Khorne

* Chaos Warhounds (45pts)
* 5x Chaos Warhound
5x Mutant Poisons, 5x Vanguard

* Chaos Warhounds (45pts)
* 5x Chaos Warhound
5x Mutant Poisons, 5x Vanguard

* Chaos Warriors (354pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Magic Standard (25 p)
* 18x Chaos Warrior
18x Additional Hand Weapons, 18x Mark of Khorne

* Chaos Warriors (423pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
* 21x Chaos Warrior
21x Additional Hand Weapons, 21x Mark of Khorne
* Magic Standard (25 p)
Banner of Swiftness

+ Special + (450pts)

* Chaos Knights (450pts)
Knight Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
* 9x Knight
9x Enscrolled Weapons, 9x Mark of Khorne
* Magic Standard (50 p)
Standard of Discipline

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Sackree
22-08-2013, 12:31
I've decided to change the BSB's set up to Helm of Many eyes + Dawnstone. As a High Elf player I missed my rerolls greatly, so rerolling to hit with him is great.

I also am thinking about halberds instead of the extra hand weapons, will probably mean dropping 2 warriors out of the larger unit though.

MLP
22-08-2013, 12:49
I've decided to change the BSB's set up to Helm of Many eyes + Dawnstone. As a High Elf player I missed my rerolls greatly, so rerolling to hit with him is great.

I also am thinking about halberds instead of the extra hand weapons, will probably mean dropping 2 warriors out of the larger unit though.

I'm not a fan of Helm OME especially where you're sitting on ld 8. Even with a reroll it will occasionally fail and he'll be stupid. I'd rather have sword of striking so you'll be hitting on 2+ mostly anyway and it's cheaper.

I would go Halberds on warriors, mainly because EHW only affects the front rank so maybe +7 attacks? I'd prefer all the 30 odd attacks to be strength 5. Maybe have one of each if you're not sure.

Other than that it's a cool warrior list, not often do you see a WoC with mainly warriors!

lomarot
25-08-2013, 18:52
In my opinion WOCs has more limits in game stiles than other armies, you have to run and get in CC as fast as you can. Under this aspect a 100% khorne army means that if you face an opponent who brings enough cheap redirectors you will never see the close combact phase. I can see a unit of SK ( u have no choice for them) or a flanking unit of 10xwarriors of khorne to burst some damage but I would not go full Khorne unless you are really into the fluff / roleplay.