PDA

View Full Version : Characters and Scouts

Khorneguy
27-08-2013, 13:32
There seems to a be great deal of discussion about this in out gaming group, so I thought I'd ask you guys:

If a character joins a unit with Scout before the battle, can he make use of the scout rule him/herself?

So for example, if an Empire Witch Hunter joined a unit of Huntmen, can he scout with them, or does him joining them stop them being able to Scout?

Thanks in advance

furrie
27-08-2013, 13:36
Does it say in the book that scout is transferred on characters when they join a unit, if not the unit would lose the scout rule.(sorry don't have the book with me so I can't check)

Tuttivillus
27-08-2013, 14:12
If a character joins a unit with Scout before the battle, can he make use of the scout rule him/herself?
Thanks in advance

No. Only models with that rule can use it. Some books have items/runes that can grant characters that rule. Some special heroes have that rule.

You welcome ;)

Khorneguy
27-08-2013, 15:05
No. Only models with that rule can use it. Some books have items/runes that can grant characters that rule. Some special heroes have that rule.

You welcome ;)

Cheers dude. Had a feeling it's that, but 90% of my local gaming group would rather argue it out, rather than open a rulebook to check

Tuttivillus
27-08-2013, 17:14
So here's an argument for You to deal with them : One deploys his normal units first and than deploys characters. One do it before he deploys scouts, unless those characters have said rule.

Hope it will be enough for them ;)

Artinam
28-08-2013, 09:25
A character without scout uses the normal deployment rules the scenario specifies, being able to join a unit doesn't mean he suddenly can deploy with scouts if they are not within his normal deployment area.

VonFeenhausen
30-08-2013, 15:19
Does this mean I can deploy non-scout characters in units that have the scout rule but which I choose to deploy in my own deployment zone?

Tuttivillus
30-08-2013, 17:05
I think Yes, as long as they are deployed along with the rest of the Army, that means before other scouts.

theunwantedbeing
30-08-2013, 17:14
Does this mean I can deploy non-scout characters in units that have the scout rule but which I choose to deploy in my own deployment zone?

Provided the scouts deployed normally, rather than as scouts. Yes.