PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WOC tournament list help

lomarot
27-08-2013, 21:31
I will try this all comers/ all scenatios tournament list that I hope is balanced.

The Nurgle DP is the very expensive choice I want him to run forward (possibily avoiding to expose to 5 cannon balls in turn 1) and try to snipe a char at turn one with Death Lore or Drop a Purple Sun from the enemy flank.
2 units of marauders and 1 of dogs will vanguard and ffw to the machines or redirect

The unkillable hero on list has flamig attack used for combined charges on regen monsters but also war machine hunter with his 4 str 7 attacks+ 3 at from disk.

The nurgle warriors should be a great bunker with festust 5+ regen e hopefully using some usefull nurgle spells. The sorcerer lv1 is dispell caddy + Death sniper who uses the LD9 of discipline standard (i think he can from the FAQs). He is also hitten almost always on 6 and festus nearby can heal him.

Having 3 casters and familiar will give me good chance of getting extra dies, combined with the lore of death extra dice generation I count on a powerful magic phase.

the 3 gore chariot will be in CC with warriors in turn 3 (or even 2)

Skull Crushers do not need explanation.

Advices and comments well accepted, I've never been in a competitive tournament

2500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

1 Daemon Prince of Nurgle, 550 pts Chaos Armour LORE OF DEATH
Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Chaos Familiar, Flaming Breath, Nurgle's Rot, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder

22 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle, 413 pts FCG
Banner of Discipline

1 Festus the Leechlord of Nurgle, 190 pts (in warrior unit)

1 Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle, 170 pts
Glittering Scales, Dispel Scroll

1 Gorebeast Chariot of Nurgle, 140 pts

1 Gorebeast Chariot of Nurgle, 140 pts

1 Gorebeast Chariot of Slaanesh, 135 pts

1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch on Disk (Battle Standard Bearer), 256 pts
Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Burning Body (Flaming Attacks), Hideous Visage (Causes Fear)
Third Eye of Tzeentch

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, 95 pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, 95 pts

6 Chaos Warhounds, 54 pts (Poisoned Attacks; Vanguard)

3 Skullcrushers of Khorne, 254 pts Music + Standard

bambamBIGILO
31-08-2013, 15:11
I think your BSB might run into problems, one hero with flaming ward will hold him indefinably. There are enough spells ignoring all saves that you should not consider anyone unkillable. Also if he is out on his own his hold your ground is wasted.

The battle for the pass, fortitude, and watch towers could go badly for you.
-pass: always sucks for warriors but dwarfs, empire, and even deamons now with the manditory skull cannons will shoot out your small stuff (chariots) and prolly get small victories on you
-tower: my memory is foggy since my books not here, but your only allowed a 20 man unit it i believe. I could be wrong however. So some one can sneak a unit in there last turn with a stubborn hat and your screwed
-fortitude: if anyone gets your characters its over. Dont forget about siverjirs hex scroll it can leave your deamon prince in a pickle quick

Exavia
19-09-2013, 03:13
Just a quick thing.

The BSB on Disk does not need Hideous Visage...the Disk already causes fear therefore the Disk Rider Causes fear. :-/ There's a couple points better spent elsewhere.

Poisoned attacks on Warhounds....ummm they are not built for combat...Vanguard is a smarter choice.

Delete the lvl1 Sorcerer...remove the Chaos Familiar on the DP and give him the Dispell Scroll.

If you are going to build the BSB to tackle monsters (ie burning body) why doesnt he have a Halberd/Great Weapon/Flail (as you obviously cant have a magic weapon and be firey at the same time). Just as a quick mention...why be on a Disk? Monster hunting is great i understand...but there is another way to do it with better results.

BSB Exalted of Slaanesh on Steed of Slaanesh.
Allure of Slaanesh (most monsters have pretty **** LD values...trolls particularly so), Burning Body, Halberd, Charmed Shield, etc

Put him in the unit of Slaanesh Horseman or near it for a Look out Sir save.

Lordcypress
19-09-2013, 04:28
List looks solid. Just from my own personal experience. I just won a local rogue trader tournament with a WOC 2500pt list. Without changing your list I only have one suggestion. 4 Skullcrushers is the way to go. It just seems to be their magic number. I played a total of 13 games including the tournament. Only lost one game ever and luckly it wasn't in the tournament. Have to say that the Skullcrushers were by bar the MVP's of the entire list. Game in and game out they made their points back. Take 4 brother. You won't be disappointed.

P.S. A Standard Bearer is all you need for this unit. Don't take a Champion. Its more of a liability thanks to the way challenges work.