PDA

View Full Version : Megaforces 2013

Sophet Drahas
28-08-2013, 03:51
So anyone have any ideas what we'll see for Megaforces this year?

Marines are almost assuredly going to get one (although with the Sept codex release I'm not as certain as usual). The other 40K choices are Tau, Eldar, Chaos Space Marines and Daemons. .

For Fantasy I'd expect Daemons, Warriors of Chaos or Lizardmen since we got a High Elves release in 2011.

Bigglesworth
28-08-2013, 19:26
So anyone have any ideas what we'll see for Megaforces this year?

Marines are almost assuredly going to get one (although with the Sept codex release I'm not as certain as usual). The other 40K choices are Tau, Eldar, Chaos Space Marines and Daemons. .

For Fantasy I'd expect Daemons, Warriors of Chaos or Lizardmen since we got a High Elves release in 2011.

I've seen rumours in the erm, rumours section, that there will be box sets in between battleforce and megaforce in size, and space marines will be getting the first one, called a "strike force" Which will contain a legal army designed to be used without other purcheses. The name of the box will be faction specific, so Tau won't have a "strike force" but a hunter cadre or somthing like that ect

loveless
28-08-2013, 21:19
Given how quickly the new Tau flew off the shelves, I'd lean towards them getting a big box this year alongside Marines - but hey, there might be multiples instead of just 2.

Sophet Drahas
29-08-2013, 16:13
I've seen rumours in the erm, rumours section, that there will be box sets in between battleforce and megaforce in size, and space marines will be getting the first one, called a "strike force" Which will contain a legal army designed to be used without other purcheses. The name of the box will be faction specific, so Tau won't have a "strike force" but a hunter cadre or somthing like that ect

Any idea how many points we're talking? What about them being a limited release? Is it a holiday thing or were they pointing towards them being released with each new codex?

blackcherry
30-08-2013, 10:25
Its rumored that GW will be releasing a kit for about 900 that is meant to represent an entire SM Chapter.

budman
30-08-2013, 11:25
Its rumored that GW will be releasing a kit for about 900 that is meant to represent an entire SM Chapter.
It's cool idea but Na I don't see it that would be a price cut 900 would not cover the tactical squads alone and they don't price cut bundles

edit there is a whole chapter pack - for 9900 and change Euros
about 7 grand

blackcherry
30-08-2013, 11:34
It's cool idea but Na I don't see it that would be a price cut 900 would not cover the tactical squads alone and they don't price cut bundles

edit there is a whole chapter pack - for 9900 and change Euros
about 7 grand

Right you are. I missed the extra zero there :p

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-62KXpgD6jBQ/Uh54mlXCavI/AAAAAAABBAs/Ojia1N711xU/s1600/pricelist+september.jpg

BigbyWolf
30-08-2013, 18:53

I wouldn't use the fact that the HE got one in 2011 as evidence that they might do a different one. They will release whichever one they think will sell.

lbecks
30-08-2013, 19:25

The price has been released and it's around 9,000 euros. Not sure what that is in pounds.

esk34
30-08-2013, 19:58
The price has been released and it's around 9,000 euros. Not sure what that is in pounds.

That's crazy. Over here in Oz, that will probably convert to $15000 maybe more. That is new car money, and not the cheapest mind you. Mind you somebody will probably buy it anyway.

Oh BTW, what will it come with? I am assuming 1000 marines and some termies, But will it include the likes of Rhinos, razorbacks, land raiders etc?

BTJ
30-08-2013, 20:15
If they do come out, the 40k Pattern seems to be the big release of the previous year and Space Marines. So this year I guess Marines and CSM. And Fantasy last year was 2012's big releases, so I'm guessing WoC and High ELves, by sheer dint of the lizardmen being too recent for them to want a megaforce. This is pure speculation mind you, and the Strike force idea for Marines might replace that.

31-08-2013, 02:45
SM Strikeforce, from the Sept. White Dwarf. Contains a commander and command squad (5 men), an assault squad (5 men), two tac squads (10 each), a sniper scout squad (5 men), one drop pod, one razorback, one venerable dread. $225.

Sgt John Keel
31-08-2013, 04:42
Oh BTW, what will it come with? I am assuming 1000 marines and some termies, But will it include the likes of Rhinos, razorbacks, land raiders etc?

43 Tactical Squad boxes, 18 Devastator boxes, 36 Assault Marine boxes, 20 Scout boxes, 10 Terminator boxes, 6 Sternguard boxes, 4 Vanguard boxes and 10 Command Squad boxes is 3507, so I guess vehicles and characters make up the other ~4500. The Rhinos should be about 1500 of that.

MajorWesJanson
03-09-2013, 07:41
My Guess:
40K Space Marines
40K Tau
WFB Empire
WFB Warriors of Chaos
Daemons as a fifth box that covers both systems