PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Army bookrelease history question

Amorphous
02-09-2013, 11:07
A friend of mine said this book, the 4th edition army book came in a box set. I could've swore I remember seeing it on store shelves as just a book.
I know that this book was part of a box set-177582 but I didn't think the other one was. Can any of you old school gamers shed shed more light on this?

Denny
02-09-2013, 11:51
The first one (Warhammer Armies Chaos) was indeed part of a box set loaded with magic items, spells, rewards and chaos gifts.

I know becasue it was the first army book I ever bought, along with a box of plastic mono-pose beastmen.

Happy Days . . .

zoggin-eck
02-09-2013, 12:02
It certainly was, as Denny says.

Second hand, you pretty much just come across the book, the cards being long-lost :)

Perhaps taking the book out was just a store decision. I remember being a little unsure if they had a "normal" book like the others until I saw it in person. I remember it seeming a bit unfair the Chaos players who had to pay more for their army book!

Cap'n Facebeard
02-09-2013, 12:04
That artwork has really done the rounds as well. I'm dead cert it was a White Dwarf cover, it was the cover of Epic Renegades, has appeared on posters and was even used by the Games Workshop sponsored band Wraith (showing my age there).

teafloy_the_damned
02-09-2013, 14:40
This is very true, i still use the box to keep all my magic cards and templates to this day!
...Its a little tatty

snyggejygge
02-09-2013, 15:27
Both came as boxes, still have both of them, the 4:th edition box art was what made me start Chaos in the first place.

BTJ
02-09-2013, 23:25
I remember seeing that artwork in the 5th ed. battle book. Chaos is still one of my favorite WHFB armies 14-15 years later.