PDA

View Full Version : RG, Ironfists and WS are the only limited editions still available!

Turgol
02-09-2013, 15:51
I guess that says pretty much all about most/less popular chapters, as well as how popular and profitable SMs overall really are. Absurdly expensive books almost completely sold after only two days, that's crazy!

daveNYC
02-09-2013, 16:04
I'm somewhat surprised that the IF aren't sold out. They might not be that popular, but their cover picture was one of the spiffier ones. I'd have thought that people who really wanted a LE would pick them if their first choice was sold out. RG and WS covers are just meh though.

Poseidal
02-09-2013, 16:06
IF (Imperial Fists) was one of the first to sell out.

Iron Hands was the one that's still up.

How many went to re-sellers?

Turgol
02-09-2013, 16:19

Oops, you are right, I meant Iron Hands.

daveNYC
02-09-2013, 16:19

Eh, my bad. I did actually mean the IH.

Son of Morkai
02-09-2013, 16:56
Fists lasted longer than I would have liked, being the fourth to sell out and lasting a day longer than Ultramarines or Successors. I fear that my fellow Imperial Fists may lack a certain level of unreasonable pride necessary to play this chapter.

Smooth Boy
03-09-2013, 01:10
I play a successor chapter but an Imperial Fists one would have been cool if I'd had the money, however I'm pretty sure some of GW's 'limited edition' really is limited. Didn't they only make one thousand limited edition Eldar codex's? So to be honest 1K for a worldwide release is bound to be gone within days.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
03-09-2013, 06:30
Fists lasted longer than I would have liked, being the fourth to sell out and lasting a day longer than Ultramarines or Successors. I fear that my fellow Imperial Fists may lack a certain level of unreasonable pride necessary to play this chapter.

Madness. Unreasonable pride is the whole point of playing the sons of Dorn! Besides, the cover is nice.

Rick Blaine
03-09-2013, 09:37
The lamest cover doesn't sell, news at 11!

Blempoll
03-09-2013, 10:06
I think that people have wised up that a fancy cover costing 35 isnt worth it.

If I had the money for 1 LD, I would buy 2 codex or 1 codex and the Tacs and a can o' spray.

Theocracity
03-09-2013, 14:28

Funny how people only realized this after completing selling out all of the most popular chapters.

LEs aren't for me, but I don't get the snarking about them. If they're too expensive and don't have anything you want, why bother even thinking about them?

Gossipmeng
03-09-2013, 16:18
I would've gone ravenguard myself, but that army is being saved for 30k :)

Turgol
03-09-2013, 16:45
The popularity of chapters has some weirds traits though. I would have thought that a fix rule was this: Heresy relevant (ie victorious or heroic) chapters more popular than heresy tragic chapters (ie drop pod massacred chapters). This is of course true by chapters with independent codex (super victorious DA or SM, or super heroic BA) and with UM and IF. But White Scars seem to be the less popular of all! Even less than RG/IH and much less than Salamanders!

Surgency
03-09-2013, 16:54

If I had the money for 1 LD, I would buy 2 codex or 1 codex and the Tacs and a can o' spray.

If I had the funds to spare I would have gotten the Raven Guard LE. The fancy cover was more than worth it to me. Would have given me a DA cover, a SW cover, and a RG cover to go along with my crusade force of marines.

But times have been tough so I'm stuck with a generic SM cover :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Theocracity
03-09-2013, 18:09
The popularity of chapters has some weirds traits though. I would have thought that a fix rule was this: Heresy relevant (ie victorious or heroic) chapters more popular than heresy tragic chapters (ie drop pod massacred chapters). This is of course true by chapters with independent codex (super victorious DA or SM, or super heroic BA) and with UM and IF. But White Scars seem to be the less popular of all! Even less than RG/IH and much less than Salamanders!

The popularity of a Codex chapter is often a combination of a few factors: quantity of fluff, detail of fluff, historical performance on the table, and how 'different' they are (which often has an inverse correlation to the previous factors).

If you were to assign arbitrary numerical values to those features, you'd probably come to the same ranking that the LE covers sold out by: Raven Guard, Iron Hands and White Scars suffer from having less fluff, less detail in the fluff they have, and fewer historically powerful game builds than UMs, IFs or Salamanders. They're mostly held up by people who like to stand out on the table.

Note that these factors are subject to change based on the new content that GW's putting out, which could add cool new content or powerful builds to the previously neglected chapters.

Bamfpanda
03-09-2013, 19:20
I would buy the RG book but for two reasons. The first is obviously the price. Thats just absurd. The second is how long are these things going to last under heavy use for the next 1-3 years before the next book? Almost makes you buy both the LE and regular SM dex so you have one for the bookshelf and another for the game store which makes me question peoples sanity.

Blempoll
03-09-2013, 20:23
I would buy the RG book but for two reasons. The first is obviously the price. Thats just absurd. The second is how long are these things going to last under heavy use for the next 1-3 years before the next book? Almost makes you buy both the LE and regular SM dex so you have one for the bookshelf and another for the game store which makes me question peoples sanity.

it will be 4 years before new book.

and you are looking at 105 to play SM if you bought an LE... as you wouldnt want to ruin an LE.. so you'd end up getting a normal one anyway.

RanaldLoec
03-09-2013, 20:59
it will be 4 years before new book.

and you are looking at 105 to play SM if you bought an LE... as you wouldnt want to ruin an LE.. so you'd end up getting a normal one anyway.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/04/zeny2ada.jpg

Sigh money grabbing bar stools.

Blempoll
03-09-2013, 22:09
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/04/zeny2ada.jpg

Sigh money grabbing bar stools.

just report them for selling an item they dont have.. false advertisement.

Ratbeast
04-09-2013, 11:50
Other then cover art what's difference?

superdupermatt
04-09-2013, 12:04
Other then cover art what's difference?

Gold leaf edging and a bookmark.