PDA

View Full Version : The Black Guard Space Marine Chapter

Bigglesworth
02-09-2013, 17:08
Ok, up until now the Raven Guard Successor chapter the Black Guard has not had an official colour scheme, I heard the new "Tactical Squad painting guide" on the Ibooks store had one, I persuaded a friend to download it as it is free, and I then had a look. I can't post a screenshot of it here, but I have replicated it using the good old space marine painter program on the Bolter and chainsword...

Stupidly the painting guide does not properly show the chapter symbol of the Black Guard, as the angle the marine is at only shows a about a third off it, but I'm sure its not a transfer currently on the Space marine transfer sheet, and its not based on the Raven Guard symbol.

It would be great if anyone with the ibook could work out its origin.

Heres a rough estimation of what I can see... stuff to the right of the white line is speculation, though I'm pretty sure its all inside a red circle.

Either a lightning bolt, or winged symbol of some sort.

Cyrox
03-09-2013, 12:54
I saw that - hopefully they will finally be getting some background fluff beyond just having a name and parent legion

I have to admit, the colour sheme is a bit of a let down if its official, i expected more Black :p

Bigglesworth
03-09-2013, 14:17
I saw that - hopefully they will finally be getting some background fluff beyond just having a name and parent legion

I have to admit, the colour scheme is a bit of a let down if its official, i expected more Black :p

Indeed, I think there's one or two other chapters that have a surprising colour for their name but I can't remember.

Half of the Black Guards fluff is wrong anyway as they are recorded as fighting the tyranids 600 years before they were first encountered by the imperium :D