PDA

View Full Version : Who sculpted the HeroQuest expansions' miniatures?

toco
03-09-2013, 10:45
Hello,

I know some people on WarSeer have contacts at GW. Can somebody find out who sculpted the miniatures that came with the USA expansion sets for HeroQuest?

Quest for the Barbarian: Norse Female, Yeti, Ice Gremlin, Polar Bear, Frozen Horror.
Quest for the Elf: Elf Archers, Ogres, Female Elf, Giant Wolves, Evil Sorceres.

Thanks!

I emailed GW's helpdesk myself and also various known sculptors, but nobody could help me.

Bloodknight
03-09-2013, 11:03
You could try Hasbro, as they're the owners of the MB brand under which the games were released.

Abaraxas
03-09-2013, 12:47
Good question, Id like to know who sculpted the space crusade minis too...

toco
04-09-2013, 07:30
Hasbro is too big now. My contacts could only tell me that some of the crew who worked on the USA HeroQuest have allready deceased. Steve Baker would certainly know more! But he's unreachable. Understandable for a CEO.

So that's why I hope some inside contacts at GW can dig up the old facts about HeroQuest...

Senbei
04-09-2013, 23:06
Have you considered asking on the Frothers Unite forums? (Amongst the forum regulars are some GW sculptors of that era, as well as a good number of people who gamed through it)

I know that Bob Olley found one of the proto-type Space Crusade androids in his loft a couples of years ago. I don't know if he sculpted it though.

toco
29-05-2015, 08:49
So far, no luck :(

You can read about my research here (http://www.toco.be/ahq/unreleased.html).

Herzlos
29-05-2015, 11:24
Have you tried asking Bob Olley or the Perry Bros directly? They might remember.

TheFang
29-05-2015, 14:21
Try the Collecting Citadel Miniatures yahoo group (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CollectingCitadelMiniatures/info?prop=eupdate). People there will know.

theredknight
30-05-2015, 00:43
are these the miniatures?

the ogres have to be aly morrison's as they are so similar to marauder giant ogres
the barbarian quest ones do not look like GW sculptors jobs (too toyish)

shelfunit.
30-05-2015, 08:40
are these the miniatures?

the ogres have to be aly morrison's as they are so similar to marauder giant ogres
the barbarian quest ones do not look like GW sculptors jobs (too toyish)

Were the bottom two rows (not including the men-at-arms) of expansions ever released in the UK? The only ones I can recall being released when I was there were "Kellar's Keep", "Return of the Witch Lord", "Wizards of Morcar" and "Against the Ogre Horde".

The_Real_Chris
30-05-2015, 10:26
Is the wizard on the top right warhammer quest?

shelfunit.
30-05-2015, 10:37
Is the wizard on the top right warhammer quest?

No - definitely Wizards of Morcar, I have him, and all his mates from that set (not the rules/board/counters though) ;-)

MiyamatoMusashi
30-05-2015, 12:01
Try asking at Ye Olde Inn (http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/index.php).

All I know for sure is that the models from the NA-only Quest Packs didn't have the same sculptors as the rest of the range. Who those sculptors were, I don't know.

theredknight
05-06-2015, 05:00
guys i have been doing some further investigation with no results :cries: i know the sculptours for most of citadel miniatures but i give up with those

Senbei
05-06-2015, 10:58
guys i have been doing some further investigation with no results :cries: i know the sculptours for most of citadel miniatures but i give up with those

Tried the FUUK forums yet?

http://frothersunite.com/phpBB3/

Just remember that they can be a bit irreverent at times.

MiyamatoMusashi
05-06-2015, 12:36
Try asking at Ye Olde Inn (http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/index.php).

Well I've not seen you ask at Ye Olde Inn yet.

zoggin-eck
05-06-2015, 13:18

Yeah, I thought that was the obvious place to start.

Same goes for the oldhammer forum?

Abaraxas
05-06-2015, 14:27
If anyone will know, The Citadel Collector (member of the oldhammer forum, possibly this one too?) will.

Who sculpted the regular Heroquest minis?
Space Crusade?

theredknight
07-06-2015, 08:54
i did not start the thread :D tried to help spending a good time looking for info, but not to the point of willing to register and ask in other forum

MiyamatoMusashi
07-06-2015, 10:38
i did not start the thread :D tried to help spending a good time looking for info, but not to the point of willing to register and ask in other forum

I know you didn't start the thread. I've not seen anyone ask at Ye Olde Inn yet. So anyone (whether they started the thread or not) saying "I've tried everything but no success!", who hasn't even tried every suggestion given in this thread, has clearly not tried everything.

ebbwar
07-06-2015, 23:04
I know you didn't start the thread. I've not seen anyone ask at Ye Olde Inn yet. So anyone (whether they started the thread or not) saying "I've tried everything but no success!", who hasn't even tried every suggestion given in this thread, has clearly not tried everything.

Of course, you could be nice and ask at the Inn while watching out for people who are not asking there... ;)

MiyamatoMusashi
07-06-2015, 23:43
Doesn't bother me none who sculpted them. I'd have thought the people who wanted to know would do the asking. I offered what seemed to me to be helpful advice, I didn't make it my life's mission to find out the answer to this one question for a complete stranger. Seems to me that someone who wants to find something out can't really expect other people to do all the work for them.

Tell you what, next time I won't bother making any suggestions at all. :rolleyes:

shelfunit.
08-06-2015, 08:30
Well, if it's any consolation MM you managed to recruit a new member to "ye olde inn" - as a huge fan of HQ and AHQ I'm amazed I never found it earlier, so cheers for that :-)

toco
08-06-2015, 14:46

Hi, thanks for that. Reasons why I want to know the sculptor can be read here: http://www.toco.be/ahq/unreleased.html

I KNOW two unreleased expansion sets for HeroQuest were made. But the person who has the prototypes cannot share exact details of how the unreleased miniatures look like. By finding the sculptor's name, I can find out which miniatures and then I can add that info with the info I allready have. Target: to know how the unreleased Heroquest sets would have been.