PDA

View Full Version : Why the new plastic Captain and Librarian?

Vishok
04-09-2013, 16:48
First off, I'm not complaining about the price here. I'm struggling to understand, and my question is actually twofold:

What is so awesome about these two plastic clamshells that demand a $30 US price tag?
Should we expect these prices on future plastic clamshells, such as the Banshee or Wight King?

It's boggling my mind. I need some input on this. GW seems to have lost their *EXPLETIVE DELETED* minds.

Why are they more expensive than previous multipart kits when they aren't even multipart?
Why are they more expensive than Finecast?

Bamfpanda
04-09-2013, 17:05
First off, I'm not complaining about the price here. I'm struggling to understand, and my question is actually twofold:

What is so awesome about these two plastic clamshells that demand a $30 US price tag?
Should we expect these prices on future plastic clamshells, such as the Banshee or Wight King?

It's boggling my mind. I need some input on this. GW seems to have lost their *EXPLETIVE DELETED* minds.

Why are they more expensive than previous multipart kits when they aren't even multipart?
Why are they more expensive than Finecast?

The Captain is basicly the exact same figure as the one in Assault on Black Reach at a thrid of the cost of the box set. Makes no sense but thats why i dont buy single figure models. I usually will convert a captain from normal boxes. As for the librarian he's cool but I wont buy him.

Theocracity
04-09-2013, 17:19
The Captain has a new equipment option in the combi-grav. The Librarian's cherub might also be a new equipment option, we'll see. Beyond that, they both provide new features in plastic - the crested helmet and the neat beard.

That answers the question of why they exist; I'm afraid I can't comment on their price tag, as worrying about that is a game with no winners.

Wintermute
04-09-2013, 18:29
First off, I'm not complaining about the price here.

Yes you are and we have a thread dedicated to GW Pricing policy here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?209297-Games-Workshop-Pricing-Feedback-Thread)

Thread closed

Wintermute