PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves coming in October

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Kung Fu Hamster
04-09-2013, 22:20
From 40K Radio's Facebook page:

NEW RUMORS for Warhammer Fantasy! My "source" has sent me pictures of the new Dark Elf release. The Dark Elves will be out in October with a slew of new models:

1) NEW Plastic Dark Elf Warrior Box(Makes Spearmen, swordsmen, & crossbowmen)
2) NEW PLastic Dark Riders/Warlocks
3) NEW Plastic Blackguard/Executioners
4) NEW Plastic Coldone Chariot/Scroungerunner(Pulled by horses)
5) NEW Plastic Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne(This model is AMAZING)
6) NEW Plastic Hydra/Kraken
7) NEW Plastic Witch Elf box

This will be a huge release and the Dark Elves will be the best looking Fantasy army, IMHO. These models are breathe taking and Dark Elf fans will have their minds blown!

Lets do quick roundup
The new Warriors look quite different to me. But then again I am a big geek that notices stuff like that. They have cloaks that come down their back and all the helmets don't cover the eyes any more.
The cloaks hang down from underneath the shoulder armor and cover the back of the chain mail. It definitely is new for them but it looks really cool. The Druchii warriors also have shoulder armor. It makes them look simply awesome. The skull embossed on their shields looks great too.
The Warriors, Black Guard, and Dark Riders all have cloaks. None of them appear to have face coverings.
It does not appear that any of the banners have designs sculpted onto them. The pictures we have of the warriors show 2 regiments, one armed with swords and shields and one armed with spears and shield. Our source tell us that they will make crossbows but we don't have a picture of them.
Warlocks appear to have one hand weapon
The warlocks are bare chested, and the weapons look mundane...aka not glowing. They look like large jagged daggers. They are held in reverse grips which looks pretty slick. The warlock champions eyes are glowing which IMO hints at some magical abilities.
The Warriors, Black Guard, and Dark Riders all have cloaks. None of them appear to have face coverings.
The Dark Riders are very cool looking. Sleek looking horses with only a bit of armor. All of the Riders are hunched over in the saddle to give the illusion of speeding fast cav. The helmets appear to be open faced and they are armed with spears in the picture I have, once again that doesn't mean they wont get crossbows (in the pictures we have they are in the back ground behind the Warlocks).
There does not appear to be a command group for the Warlocks, only a unit champion.
The Warriors, Black Guard, and Dark Riders all have cloaks. None of them appear to have face coverings. The Executioners appear to have skull faced helms. The theme to me appears to be a more sinister version of their High Elf bretheren. The plate armor has very spiked and jagged edges. The style will still fit well with the Shades and Reaper but next to these new models they will look very dated.
-Black Guard look very stalwart with large halberds and high helms with 3 spikes on each side with a flowing plume on top. Their armor is black trimmed in gold and they have dark purple cloaks. The unit champion is holding a sword by the hilt with the blade planted in the ground. Musician is a drummer.
-The executioners have what look like skull helms, and their armor is a brighter silver than the Black Guard. Their tunics are red in color and the Draiches are all held on the left hand side of their bodies (their left our right). They look very cool ranked up.
The Executioner champ is armed with an axe and is holding the decapitated head of a High Elf. Pretty dang cool.

The new chariot crew is armed with spears and what looks to be a large crossbow or bolt thrower on the chariot.
For the Scroungerunner charoit the crew look similar to Corsairs. The passenger shooting the crossbow/boltthrower has what appears to be a sea dragon cloak on. There are reins but they look like just normal black leather. The horses look awesome and angry. Both are black in color with red eyes. The chariot only has one wheel that is centered on the back part. Sounds stupid, looks cool. And as usual nasty spikes and blades al
And yes the Cold Ones on the chariot match the current Cold One Knights.

The Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne look very cool. If you are a fan of the newer larger models GW has been putting out for WHFB you will really dig it. It is a bit toned down compared to the Empire Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh and has blades and hooks on it to make it very sinister and Dark Elf.
The Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne are on a bigger base than the chariot base.
Yes the Cauldron and the Blood throne both have 6 wheels. They are on the same chassis, just with different stuff on the altar. I just noticed that the Witch Elves on Blood Throne have metal masks that cover the front of their face with the exception of their chin and mouth area and of course their eyes.
Ok and now to answer the Medusa question: She has the lower body of a snake and it appears there are other snakes on her base. The right side of her torso is bare, including her breast. In her right hand she is holding a spear. She has armor over her left breast and has a nasty looking clawed gauntlet on her hand. Her mouth is agape and she has snakes for hair. There is also a significant amount of blood on the model.

About Hydra:It looks bigger and beefier.
Yes the Hydra does have 2 handlers.
-The Kraken has 5 heads/fanged maws. The have spines and scales with smooth neck and belly flesh. Scales are painted a Dark Grey with the softer flesh painted blue. Looks awesome.
The Kraken doesn't have tentacles, it has four legs with webbed appendages ending in claws and it also has a tail.
Yes the Kraken has multiple heads. From the pic it looks like there is one main head with eyes and the other four necks end with fanged maws. Very cool looking. It may sound stupid to people as it is walking but wait until the picture comes out before passing judgement.
You have to clear your head of any preconceived notions of what a Kraken is or looks like. Because lets face it, an 8 legged octopus creature flopping around on land would just not look right. It has 4 limbs that end in webbed feet with claws on them. It also has 5 heads. The main head has beady little eyes right above the mouth. The lower jaw on the main head extends kind of like an octopus tentacle but with teeth on it. The other heads end in an mouth with teeth and 4 claws around the head that look to facilitate grabbing their next meal.

-The pictures we have of the Witch Elves has them with two hand weapons.
The witches are also sporting thigh high boots and are very dynamic with their poses. I wonder how much of a pain in the butt it will be to get them to rank up.
The Witch Elves look great. No mowhawks or anything like that. Long flowing hair, thigh high black boots and red loincloths and for lack of a better terms bras. They appear to have open mouths so lord only knows what they are saying before they come in and hack my poor High Elves to bits.
There appears to be a command group for the Witch Elves.

Crone Hellebron?
-Apparently one of the pics we have is Crone Hellebron. She is a little more armored up than a normal WE. She has a sword and a small blade (I am thinking Deathsword and Parrying Blade). She definitely has the big hair like in her artwork in the current army book.She looks young like a regular WE. She has a a bit more clothing, but not much. She has a gold mask covering her face that extends upwards in a crown like fashion. Both arms are raised towards the sky.

Grammaticus Bane
04-09-2013, 22:29
This "source" sounds very wishlist-y to me.

Not that I doubt October release (H&H said it ages ago), or GW's love of dual kits (still wonder why they made the Troglodon other than to make the Carny an $85 box). But that is a lot of box releases...

...and DE need it, but still...

Fear Ghoul
04-09-2013, 22:31
Cut this list in half and then I'll start believing it. As it stands however, not even remotely plausible.

Silvertongue
04-09-2013, 22:48
That's seriously too much.

Of course, if you could at least post one of those pics... Or, since doing that will be frowned upon by the Inquisition, just PM them or post them in other forum.

I mean, I'd love to believe that, but it's just... too perfect. Too much.

Lars Porsenna
04-09-2013, 23:10
Yes, I remain skepitcal too, for two reasons:

1). New Warriors. It is very rare that GW replaces a servicable plastic kit, especially if that "slot" takes away from plasticizing something else. Also skeptical that warriors w/hand weapons are back (but you never know)

2). There are a total of 7 plastic kits? Yes, cut that in half and we'll be closer to what will actually come. Witch Elves have been rumored for a while, and that is about the most reliable of all rumors IMHO.

Damon.

Fear Ghoul
04-09-2013, 23:16
That list doesn't even include the almost obligatory clampacks either, so the real release list would have to be even bigger. It's just too much to release in one slot.

Ender Shadowkin
04-09-2013, 23:35
Here is the link to the FB post (note you will need to log into Facebook)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/40K-Radio/147396461962884

Its weird that an established podcast would try and burn their reputation by making something up, if thats what this is. Does seam too good (volumn wise) to be true, unless its some bizare social experiment, or attempt to drive traffic to their site(guilty :eyebrows:.).

Does anyone here listen to this podcast?

We shall see though. October is not too far away.

Not a bad tactic to list everything that could get replaced, then be half right when some of it comes true. We've seen it before. Just Sayin.

Then again people that can be traced back to their real identities don't generally put fabricated stuff and post it, and this guy claims to have seen pictires (and be super super excited about it!!!!!, lol).

Not sure about his claim that the witches would be good 40k wyches....thats a red flag.

Kung Fu Hamster
04-09-2013, 23:48
Anyone who thinks 40K Radio doesn't have any credibility will be able to test this on Saturday when the new Space Marines codex drops. Compare what they've said/posted with what's in the book for accuracy.

They claim to have a source inside GW, and this little codex test will improve their credibility.

Silvertongue
04-09-2013, 23:53
You know, I want so bad for these rumours to be true... Khaine knows DE need a serious revamp/renew of their model line (I think it's, along with TKs, the least appealing... weird, since those are my two favourite armies!), but this is a Dark Eldar level release. Again, not saying they don't need it, but...

I find weird that they have gone into the trouble of inventing (?) unit names: Warlocks seems oddly specific, as is the chariot name. Usually, when people make up rumours, they are less specific and more like "another unit in horses that has a different weapon loadout and looks rad!". I mean, if they are inventing this, they're really throwing their reputation out of the window, because if this ends up not being true, there is absolutely no way on Earth to make it look as anything but a complete and deliberate fabrication (since they're claiming first hand knowledge).

EDIT: of course they could claim they have been trolled by their inner "source", but that wouldn't mean any less of a rep damage.

EDIT2: This doesn't add credibility to the mix, but IF they were going to do such a massive release, wouldn't the month of Games Day be the chosen one? And yes, I'm aware that it's in september, but it's so close to October they will have all of October new releases on display, too.

EDIT3: When asked why would DEs get this big a release, they answered this:

Compared to a lot of fantasy armies Dark Elves probably have the most non plastic units in WHFB. And at the end of the day why would we make this up? We have seen the pictures. -Rik

So there. Either they are really reckless when it comes to reputation, or they're getting severely trolled... Or they are right. *shrug* I'm hoping for the last one, but expecting any of the first two.

thrawn
05-09-2013, 00:46
I hope that's true. besides, as mentioned, DE have the most metal models so can use them.

anyways, we'll see.

ChaplainAvorus96
05-09-2013, 00:56
I am hoping this is all true! Even just knowing that a new book is coming now is enough for me to yay and my wallet to cry. I trust their accuracy but will remain cautious till the middle of September. As for them redoing core plastics they have done it to a few armies, even 40k Marines got an update to their tac squad. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they used this time/release to give the Dark Elves. Little Dark Eldar facelift to keep a distinct image for the Dark Elves!

Exciting news though :)

Quetzl
05-09-2013, 00:57
Exciting stuff! Cheers for sharing, Dark Elf players are going to love this :D

Knifeparty
05-09-2013, 01:03
If any of this is true then I am super stoke, my first and favourite army of all time will be in the works again.

Azazyll
05-09-2013, 01:04
Seriously? If that's true, I'll be sad, because I can't see a decent combination of Kraken/hydra. Just because they both have a bunch of snakey-bits doesn't mean those snakey-bits should look anything alike.

Then again, imagine the kit-bashing you could do with all those heads...

Verm1s
05-09-2013, 01:20
Trish Carden moved to Forgeworld, right? Does that mean Seb Perbett did/would do the new placcy hydra?

Oh please, oh please...

ChargeAndDie
05-09-2013, 02:43
I've heard some rumours about the witch elf alternative unit. Apparently they will have lashes with a shield and have a 4+ ward save in combat unless against mark of slaneesh units. WS5 2A and additional +1 to hit if WS is higher than enemy in base contact. The alternate hydra - beast of karond kar has 4 S7 attacks and additonal D6 S7 attacks if all the attacks hit.

beerbeard
05-09-2013, 03:01
No way DE will get that many kits. If any army does, it will be Dwarfs. Fantasy needs a big boost, and the best way to do that is to make a big splash with the signature army of the game.

In_Fiction
05-09-2013, 03:17
I hope that list is wrong because I have forever been on the fence about Dark Elves and with that many new kits I'll be tempted to start them up. Not only that, but surely GW would release a similar amount of new figures for the Dwarves when it's their time, which my wallet and bank account will hate me for.

Fallenturtle
05-09-2013, 03:17
This is going to hurt my wallet. I know people are saying "oh no way they will get that many kits..etc" but you have to remember, 1) GW is moving away from Finecrap and every special unit minus the knights, are in Finecast or do not have a current model. 2) the marine release has 8 new stuff in it (not including the multiple codex covers and reboxing for new sprues) so why is it out of the realm of possibility that DE would get a lot of releases?

I'm really hoping that 40k radio is right, because otherwise this would severely ruin their reputation, but we'll see in a week or two when stores start getting their october release schedules.

Il Maestro
05-09-2013, 03:21
If this is true, there goes any hope of saving money this year...

Verm1s
05-09-2013, 04:48
WS5 2A and additional +1 to hit if WS is higher than enemy in base contact.

Why not just make them WS6? How many other WS5+ units are they going to run into?

The alternate hydra - beast of karond kar has 4 S7 attacks and additonal D6 S7 attacks if all the attacks hit.

Why not just give that extra base attacks? :p

Soundwave
05-09-2013, 04:56
If this is true, there goes any hope of saving money this year...

Same my first biggest and badass army. I will admit i dribble a little reading this! Hope to Khaine its true.
I may even do something stupid like buy a one click bundle...

Lord Dan
05-09-2013, 05:04
Why not just make them WS6? How many other WS5+ units are they going to run into?

I'd imagine, if true, it's because WS5 with +1 to hit is not the same as WS6. For example versus a unit with WS4 the first option would yield 2+ to hit while the second would still be just 3+.

Sir_Glonojad
05-09-2013, 05:09
The sheer amount of releases makes me doubt this rumour. Sorry. If this list included a wave, then maybe...

I may be biased, though, as I like the current Warriors and don't want tgem replaced with a 50% more expensive box of ten.

Soundwave
05-09-2013, 05:20
I wont be doubting it, this is alot of work for g.w but i think it will pay. I feel like an overexcited pimpely teenager again. But i will try not to get my hopes up too high just in case.Breathe a little breathe ehehehehehehhehe.

innerwolf
05-09-2013, 05:42
This kind of release could be the reboot that pushes DE into the popularity top-tier as happened with Dark Eldar in 40k. I see it happening.

Warrior of Naggaroth
05-09-2013, 05:50
I dont think its especcially unrealistic. WoC got 7 plastic kits(war altar, skullcrushers, hellstriders, dragon ogres, forsaken, chariot and slaughterbrute/mutalith). I know they had a prewave a few months before but its still 7 new kits+characters for 1armybook release

Scammel
05-09-2013, 05:53
I'm torn. 40K Radio was spot on with the SM, but I struggle to buy that a given Fantasy release could be this big. I suspect someone's fed them hokum.

I know they had a prewave a few months before but its still 7 new kits+characters for 1armybook release

But over the course of two separate releases. I wouldn't get one's hopes up on that basis at all.

Wesser
05-09-2013, 06:36
Could it not be that DE could get a post-wave?

It is a bit odd though that there are no new character models, but then DE is well supplied there I sup.. especially since they had Storm of Magic.

Also I kinda expected Sacrificial Dagger & Pendant of Khaeleth to form a new unit of their own in the core section. . .

Sir_Glonojad
05-09-2013, 07:07
Well supplied? One foot sorceress and a Dragon rider? Yes, that's actually another point in case - where are the monopose clamshells?

Coldblood666
05-09-2013, 07:13
I wouldn't be surprised if DE got a bigger than usual release considering they need to replace a ton of models with new plastics.

Zeipherer
05-09-2013, 07:38
Old news are old.
Posted this a couple months ago, but back then people demanded pictures... :rolleyes: mfw I only needed a link to facebook

nosebiter
05-09-2013, 07:50
God, i hope this rumor isnt true.

Or else my bank lady will have a heart attack.

Would absolutely LOVE to build and paint a dark elf army, but sadly the current warrior bix is too *****.

nosebiter
05-09-2013, 07:52
This kind of release could be the reboot that pushes DE into the popularity top-tier as happened with Dark Eldar in 40k. I see it happening.

I can too. If they keep to the look of the recent plastic kits, it will end up being a very gorgeous army.

Slashattack
05-09-2013, 07:59
I really hope this is true. Our army really needs a significant model update, we currently have I believe the lowest number of plastic kits of any army in the game.

However, the last few army books releases have only included a few plastic kits in them, as others have pointed out. Therefore, I wouldn't get too excited about this rumour. I could see this number of kits being divided into two waves like how they did the High Elf updates. But, in the end we'll just have to wait and see when the White Dwarf pictures magically 'leak' online.

Romark
05-09-2013, 08:18
I'm going to hold off before exploding with excitement...

It also doesn't include my favorite wishlist of Dark Peg Knights, so I'm still hoping they'll sneak in ;)

eldargal
05-09-2013, 08:20
No offense to 40k Radio but 7 plastic kits for any army just seems like far too many. Happy to be wrong, though, as it means my 2011 rumours are all true.:cool:

Miredorf
05-09-2013, 08:45
I'm torn. 40K Radio was spot on with the SM

You have seen the book already to confirm all the SM rules rumours are true?

eldargal
05-09-2013, 09:02
Someone on BoLS has it, seems most of what 40k radio reported was accurate, if not all of it. I can't say for sure as I stopped following the rumours.

shabbadoo
05-09-2013, 09:04
I would recommend that it might just be a good idea for everyone to NOT give anybody much of a hassle over this "wish-listy" list, because there is no wishing there at all. OK, before saying anything this sweeping and all-encompassing, I better look at it again...

Nope. Nothing wish-listy there apparently. If you play Dark Elves, and you like that list (and, yes, that is not everything), you might as well pop the champagne already. Pics ought to start oozing out within a week if this turns out anything like Space Marines did, and I will add that pre-orders ought to go up on the 28th.

Lastly, before anybody puts their head up there butt and asks, "But how do YOU know?", just consider that one reason that I (and probably others) really don't say much of anything is precisely because so many of you jack-holes (you know who you are) have become fixated on asking that particular question, and incredulously seem to expect an informative answer of some sort. Say thanks to 40K Radio for sharing, and be done with it.

Romark
05-09-2013, 09:12
I would recommend that it might just be a good idea for everyone to NOT give anybody much of a hassle over this "wish-listy" list, because there is no wishing there at all. OK, before saying anything this sweeping and all-encompassing, I better look at it again...

Nope. Nothing wish-listy there apparently. If you play Dark Elves, and you like that list (and, yes, that is not everything), you might as well pop the champagne already. Pics ought to start oozing out within a week if this turns out anything like Space Marines did, and I will add that pre-orders ought to go up on the 28th.

Lastly, before anybody puts their head up there butt and asks, "But how do YOU know?", just consider that one reason that I (and probably others) really don't say much of anything is precisely because so many of you jack-holes (you know who you are) have become fixated on asking that particular question, and incredulously seem to expect an informative answer of some sort. Say thanks to 40K Radio for sharing, and be done with it.

Well, that's reassuring, if aggressive (damn Orc's).

Looks like my Druchii are going to get a much overdue facelift! Wallet, shut up, stop complaining.

Drasil
05-09-2013, 09:20
No offense to 40k Radio but 7 plastic kits for any army just seems like far too many. Happy to be wrong, though, as it means my 2011 rumours are all true.:cool:

there are 6 plastic kits in that SM release (+ captain and librarian)... so it doesn't seems that far fetched (considering SM didn't need it as much as DE do needs it)

shabbadoo
05-09-2013, 09:24
Well, that's reassuring, if aggressive (damn Orc's).
:D I like that.

And you guys ought to be rejoicing that your horrid Core are getting a re-do with the initial release too, unlike your High brethren who didn't (grumble grumble). I bet this will be a big factor in making up people's minds about starting a Dark Elf army. I know it is for me.

SkawtheFalconer
05-09-2013, 09:24
Scroungerunner, Warlocks, and Blood Throne are all interestingly specific rumoured names. Even if not all the models are released immediately, and some go into later waves, I think we will be able to judge the veracity of this post by whether the units in the book have these names.

(A large part of me hopes Scroungerunner is not true. What the hell does that mean? Sounds more Skaven-y to me).

Darnok
05-09-2013, 09:32
I'm torn. That'd be a massive release, like we have not seen in a long time. But for one it does not have to come all at once. And 40K Radio has been spot-on with the SM rumours. I guess it's "wait and see" time...

(A large part of me hopes Scroungerunner is not true. What the hell does that mean? Sounds more Skaven-y to me).

GW has a long history of aweful names for their models. I consider that one almost being in support of these rumours, because it is so bad. :D

jestacardo
05-09-2013, 09:35
I hope they're wrong about redoing the core, we've got no money to finish off the core units of my partner's DE right now :(. Which means having to resort to horrifically put together stuff second hand stuff on eBay so it doesn't look all mismatched :(.

Lord Solar Plexus
05-09-2013, 09:50
Thanks for sharing, 40k radio!

eldargal
05-09-2013, 09:51
there are 6 plastic kits in that SM release (+ captain and librarian)... so it doesn't seems that far fetched (considering SM didn't need it as much as DE do needs it)
It depends if the SM release is the sign of a new trend or an outlier because of their popularity.

Personally I assume Scrounge is a mistype of Scourge.

Alebelly_Cragfist
05-09-2013, 09:59
I'm hoping this is all true and if so, is an indicator to being more "generous" with releases to come (such as the much awaited Dwarfs!) The option of having a strong core warrior plastic kit that I can hack up without nostalgia-driven guilt will be awesomesauce. Roll on the last week in Sept!

Voss
05-09-2013, 10:16
Anyone who thinks 40K Radio doesn't have any credibility will be able to test this on Saturday when the new Space Marines codex drops. Compare what they've said/posted with what's in the book for accuracy.

They claim to have a source inside GW, and this little codex test will improve their credibility.
People are getting SM books early. They are indeed accurate.

Still a mite skeptical myself, but that it is coming from 40k radio makes it a bit more likely. As unlike other sites, they aren't throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Soulless
05-09-2013, 10:27
If this is true then i will make human sacrifices all weekend ... - in WFB of course :]

Raffazza
05-09-2013, 10:28
Well, colour me intrigued

scoutbike
05-09-2013, 10:36
The key thing that makes this rumour true is the claim of having seen pictures.
The fact that there are pictures means that we can be sure that everything in that list is coming, rather than that being a rumour list of possibles to which we only see some of.

Why am I not doubting the existence of the pictures?
Because for an established site with credibility on the line, the claim of pictures was completely unnecessary and would be detrimental to their site if found to be untrue.
For example, if they just wanted to lie, then they could have just posted the rumour list without the claim of any pictures, and then when it didnt come true, could say "oops, sorry, my source was wrong. i wont use them again".
By claiming to have personally seen the pictures, then that immediately proves them directly to be a liar if it doesnt happen, with nothing to hide behind.

So it's therefore incredibly unlikely that this is a lie, and also therefore incredible likely that we will see everything in that list based on the aforementioned pics being based in truth.

rejoice :)

skeptico
05-09-2013, 10:42
I'm inclined to believe this, despite the size of the release. 40K Radio must know they couldn't ever be believed again, having said they'd seen pics, if this was wrong. (They say, btw, that they've seen pics of the core plastics, which is one of the most questionable aspects of this).

A couple of things I noticed. They don't say the witch elves are a dual kit but others say this. That's odd because they're careful to say what the options are in the other kits.

They say the cauldron makes a 'blood throne'. That would be an odd name, because there's already a blood throne of khorne.

Well, not quite *all*. You also rumoured 'plastic mounted character, possibly female', and 'plastic bolt thrower'. :p

eldargal
05-09-2013, 11:15
Most then.:p Though characters aren't mentioned so that one might be true yet (it was quite vague)

Wesser
05-09-2013, 11:24
I'm puzzled

An actual core unit redo? Who got that last? Ghouls (not an improvement, yuk), Empire State troops? 2007, 2008?

And that's after Zombies, HE Spearmen and Empire Knights to name a few has been passed over...?

AlexHolker
05-09-2013, 11:30
This "source" sounds very wishlist-y to me.
There is something deeply wrong with a company when you see a rumoured list of new releases and say "That can't be true! Those are things that people actually want!"

Soulless
05-09-2013, 11:31
Because DE have the ugliest core unit choice thats totally not in line with the other core - corsairs. I want to belive :D

Voss
05-09-2013, 11:51
I'm puzzled

An actual core unit redo? Who got that last?
Space Marines. Sept. 2013

Alebelly_Cragfist
05-09-2013, 11:58
The key thing that makes this rumour true is the claim of having seen pictures.
By claiming to have personally seen the pictures, then that immediately proves them directly to be a liar if it doesnt happen, with nothing to hide behind.

Yeah, I tend to agree with your reasoning. It does add a greater level of authenticity. Generally speaking, people aren't liars, and if you are going to lie, don't tie in things that can easily be checked for accuracy.

Archibald_TK
05-09-2013, 12:04
Maybe GW is trying to repeat what they once did with the 40K Dark Eldar release: improving the aesthetic of the entire army by redoing the majority of its units to the point it will incite new players to start a DE army instead of simply relying of people already playing it adding a few new kits to their collection.

Coldblood666
05-09-2013, 12:11
If this is true then i will make human sacrifices all weekend ... - in WFB of course :]

Strong name to post content correlation

Avian
05-09-2013, 12:14
It will be interesting to see. The 40K Radio people don't say that they themselves have seen pics, so it is possible it's some rumour troll that has figured out that if he sends his stuff to Faeit, nobody believes it.

And it does seem overly large.

On the upside, it mentions replacements for the hybrid kits, which I reckon is a given.

Names doesn't necessarily mean anything - remember the huge made-up list of 40k releases from last year?

I'm on the fence with this one, I wouldn't want to bet money on either outcome.

skeptico
05-09-2013, 12:17
Speculation: if BG and execs are a dual kit, this may mean that GW are going back to the older look for execs, where they had axes and executioner hoods. The models for that look were never given general release, though they did exist, I think, because there were once pics of them painted. In the artwork, the bodies for the older style execs were also very similar to BG - both at the time had bare arms.

This would fit in with GW's current policy of turning back some of their recent developments in troop appearances, and going back to 'classic' looks (like with daemons). I'd be keen on it, as I never really liked the samurai type execs.

skeptico
05-09-2013, 12:19
It will be interesting to see. The 40K Radio people don't say that they themselves have seen pics

They do. They say:

Compared to a lot of fantasy armies Dark Elves probably have the most non plastic units in WHFB. And at the end of the day why would we make this up? We have seen the pictures. -Rik

Edit: Sorry for double post

Voss
05-09-2013, 12:24
Yeah, I tend to agree with your reasoning. It does add a greater level of authenticity. Generally speaking, people aren't liars, and if you are going to lie, don't tie in things that can easily be checked for accuracy.

Well, people with something to lose generally aren't liars. We've seen a lot of anonymous lies lately. But that they are willing to put their site/podcast into the fray makes an outright lie less likely. They got a lot of good will (and traffic) out of the SM rumours, it would be silly to set it on fire immediately.

Wesser
05-09-2013, 12:48
Space Marines. Sept. 2013

That would be "Troops" would it not?

Think I need a better answer than that...

Azazyll
05-09-2013, 12:56

Well, that and SM had no metal/finecrap units left to update. And are the flagship line of the company.

But at least these rumors mention Dark Riders.

barjed
05-09-2013, 13:11
My heart skipped a bit but this seems extremely unlikely. Seven plastic kits would be the biggest GW release since the Necron and the biggest release in the 8th edition.

Avian
05-09-2013, 13:18
They do. They say:

Right, I didn't catch that. In that case I'd be willing to bet a moderate amount of money on it being true. :)

Avian
05-09-2013, 13:21

VC got new skeletons. I think that's the latest. Of the first generation multipart plastics, about a third has been replaced.

shabbadoo
05-09-2013, 13:28
Never mind. Ninja'd.

Grammaticus Bane
05-09-2013, 13:33
Eh, I don't listen to 40k Radio so that meant nothing to me. God knows DE need this level of release, just sounds ambitious. As someone stated, over two release waves, I could definitely believe.

My Elves will be happy to have new friends if this is true.

I hope I have to eat my earlier statement. Guess we should know in a couple weeks.

Avian
05-09-2013, 13:33
Shush, you. I thought it said that the source had seen pics. :p

Iverald
05-09-2013, 13:38
I may not trust 40k Radio, but as far as I'm concerned, shabbadoo pretty much confirmed it.

Huan Qu'itt
05-09-2013, 13:38
VC got new skeletons. I think that's the latest. Of the first generation multipart plastics, about a third has been replaced.

skaven clanrats would be the latest. 7 new plastic kits sounds unbelievable, but i don't see a reason why 40k Radio would lie, so i do believe those rumours. some time ago someone said that Dark Elves will get the biggest revamp since the beggining of 8th edition (with Harry chiming in that DE won't be the only one to get such revamp) and it seems that may be the case indeed

Morathi's Darkest Sin
05-09-2013, 13:45
Well damn.. and just when I thought I could write a line under my GW spending for the rest of the year.

If accurate I of course now have buyers remorse for that Dark Elf Battalion I picked up two months ago, which I stupidly opened to take a look at (even though I've brought about three previously over the years) but it hasn't been touched since.

Also I'm praying to Khaine that the Witch Elves don't do a Daemonettes.

Silvertongue
05-09-2013, 13:45
My heart skipped a bit but this seems extremely unlikely. Seven plastic kits would be the biggest GW release since the Necron and the biggest release in the 8th edition.

You know, actually the Necrons are a good example of a 40k army that was in a similar place (model-wise) as DE are now: quite a lot of outdated kits and metal/hybrid kits.

Let's just work with the assumption that this is true. Could it be that GW are giving bigger releases to those armies that somehow lag behind the rest? Although, of course, that would not explain why the Eldar were left with so many metal/finecast kits. Or TKs.

Nevermind.

EDIT: According to Radio 40k, the WE are "incredible. They all have dynamic poses and look very fluid. Their hair are like the original models in the 90's but its not as big. If your a fan of the WE, you will be stoked about these models."

Also, they won't post pics. Same way they didn't post pics of the SM stuff. Apparently, they've been asked not to. Which sucks, but if we're as lucky as SM were, we'll get blurry, crappy pics in no time. Also, they won't feature Termitubbies.

Shadeseraph
05-09-2013, 15:02
Damn, if these rumours are true, I am a jealous elf.

Daenerys Targaryen
05-09-2013, 15:19
skaven clanrats would be the latest. 7 new plastic kits sounds unbelievable, but i don't see a reason why 40k Radio would lie, so i do believe those rumours. some time ago someone said that Dark Elves will get the biggest revamp since the beggining of 8th edition (with Harry chiming in that DE won't be the only one to get such revamp) and it seems that may be the case indeed

Beastmen Gors & Ungors would like to disagree with you!;) Yes it was a case of splitting up the old Core box, but it's still a re-done Core set that was already in plastic...

plantagenet
05-09-2013, 15:37
There was also the Skaven slightly before the Gors. I am personally in the camp that believe this rumor 100% I can't see why they would lie especially about a Fantasy release. Should make for an interesting release. 1 New Monster, new chariot type, new unit booster (Blood throne) also I though I read somewhere else that Witchelf box might also make a new unit type. Should be a good release.

Sir_Glonojad
05-09-2013, 15:57
Right, I didn't catch that. In that case I'd be willing to bet a moderate amount of money on it being true. :)

Wow. So we are getting serious with that...

Sharkbelly
05-09-2013, 16:42
Kraken? That sounds far too cool not to buy...

Voss
05-09-2013, 16:56
Well damn.. and just when I thought I could write a line under my GW spending for the rest of the year.

If accurate I of course now have buyers remorse for that Dark Elf Battalion I picked up two months ago, which I stupidly opened to take a look at (even though I've brought about three previously over the years) but it hasn't been touched since.

Also I'm praying to Khaine that the Witch Elves don't do a Daemonettes.
Well, the Diaz daemonettes were really lovely models that a lot of people really liked. The current witch elves... There is a lot wrong with them.

Fine by me. I don't see any reason to pretend that 40k is done by a separate company and troops and core are meaningfully distinct. But I guess you can take your pick of beastmen, vampire counts and skaven, if you prefer.

Shizzbam
05-09-2013, 17:05
If this is true, I will cry tears of blood and sing songs of praise to almighty Khaine. And then, you know, go buy a bunch of Dark Elf models.

tankrothchild
05-09-2013, 17:16
Too early for this to be true. If it was September 25th and images of white dwarf were online, I'd believe it.

~Aura~
05-09-2013, 17:42
Hmm, the only parts that sound weird are the units of Warlocks and the Hydra/Kraken multikit. How are they going to do a Hydra/Kraken in one box? The only thing I can even slightly see working as a dual-purpose piece is the necks of the hydra and the tentacle parts (minus tips) of the Kraken, but the bodies are totally different and there would need to be enough hydra heads and tentacle tips for every neck/tentacle, plus legs for the hydra option. Units of Warlocks also sounds a bit odd considering that to me sounds like units of spellcaster characters which seems a teensy bit broken; it could be like Flamers all over again.

Mr. Ultra
05-09-2013, 17:53

Right now I'm sacrificing the neighbor's cat to Khaine due to pure bliss and ecstasy.

Avian
05-09-2013, 17:55
How can the bodies be totally different when there is no Kraken in the game at the moment? Surely they'd be free to make it look however they liked?

Voss
05-09-2013, 18:08
Hmm, the only parts that sound weird are the units of Warlocks and the Hydra/Kraken multikit. How are they going to do a Hydra/Kraken in one box? The only thing I can even slightly see working as a dual-purpose piece is the necks of the hydra and the tentacle parts (minus tips) of the Kraken, but the bodies are totally different and there would need to be enough hydra heads and tentacle tips for every neck/tentacle, plus legs for the hydra option. Units of Warlocks also sounds a bit odd considering that to me sounds like units of spellcaster characters which seems a teensy bit broken; it could be like Flamers all over again.
Meh. Fast Cav with magic shooting attacks. Big deal. [They could be nice, but there are plenty of ways to make them not broken]

As for the hydra/kraken, given the way the big monster kits are designed, I could easily see neck halves- the lower bit works for both, with the other half being a tentacle or having the head on the end. As for the body, a thicker tail, and flippers or whatever instead of legs. I don't think I've ever actually seen concept art for a Warhammer Fantasy Kraken, so they've got a pretty huge range of options, from Nessie to Giant Squid to Classic Clash of the Titans style humanoid. A dual kit limits it a little, but a 'Nessie' style monster (with a single head instead of tentacles) wouldn't be that hard to do.

Shadeseraph
05-09-2013, 18:12
Given that "Witches" should also be spellcasters, I can see them as just another kind of cavalry. Although units of mounted spellcasters could seriously make me switch teams, even if I hate the DE emo-gothic theme.

As for the kraken... I'm more worried about how are they supposed to move out of the water. I'm expecting some kind of Tentacruel, or something.

Silvertongue
05-09-2013, 18:21
As for the kraken... I'm more worried about how are they supposed to move out of the water. I'm expecting some kind of Tentacruel, or something.

I was thinking the same. But then I foresaw a snippet of text saying that the Kraken "can move its massive hulk outside the water with alarming speed, due to the tentacles being used as grapples" or somesuch. Or, if everything else fails, "before the battle, Krakens are ensorcelled by Sorceresses so they actually swim the air".

You know. Anything could go.

Lord Dan
05-09-2013, 18:28
Something with the "Sea Monster" rule? Finally?

loveless
05-09-2013, 18:56
If they make decent core infantry that don't suffer from ham-fists or super-angular-faces, then I will probably throw money at GW to get them. Mainly because decent hard-plastic naughty elves are hard to come by.

Ramius4
05-09-2013, 18:58
Given that "Witches" should also be spellcasters, I can see them as just another kind of cavalry.

I'm guessing that Warlocks would perhaps be a mounted, male version of Witch Elves.

Voss
05-09-2013, 19:21
I'm guessing that Warlocks would perhaps be a mounted, male version of Witch Elves.

The cabana boys of khaine? It seems kind of pointless since Assassins and Executioners do rather well at being the predominantly male khainites (at least in terms of models).

Ramius4
05-09-2013, 19:29
The cabana boys of khaine? It seems kind of pointless since Assassins and Executioners do rather well at being the predominantly male khainites (at least in terms of models).

I don't follow your logic. Any concept can seem 'pointless' until developed into something that's not. By the same logic a person could call the HE Loremaster pointless, as other characters 'do rather well at those roles'.

Besides, it's just a guess on my part based on the name. And from my way of thinking, a light cavalry unit akin to Hellstriders of Slaanesh would be an ok direction to take. Not that I find Hellstriders to be good in game, but the concept was alright.

On another note... Anyone else think that "Scroungerunner" is perhaps meant to be Scourge Runner?

Morkash
05-09-2013, 19:50
Well, that would certainly be interesting. The large amount of kits also leaves bit of a salty taste for me, but if we exclude the warriors or assume that the warriors are repackaged into 10 (They did the same with the Orc Boyz which were a different size (19) as well before) I could definitely see this happening. And I imagine a certain Dark Elf player would be quite happy. :D

I imagine something similar to the LotR Watcher in the Water. It's also sort of a Kraken but has bug-like feet. Combined with the hydra in one kit I can imagine something either very genius (Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon) or mediocre at best (Plague Catapult/Warp Lightning Cannon). Definitely looking forward to a kraken though! I hope it'll drown some wormies!

Avian
05-09-2013, 19:52
Well, it does say that Swordsmen are an option and you can't do that with just a recut, since you only get 1 sword per 4 guys IIRC.

Voss
05-09-2013, 19:56
I don't follow your logic. Any concept can seem 'pointless' until developed into something that's not. By the same logic a person could call the HE Loremaster pointless, as other characters 'do rather well at those roles'.

What? The witch elves are the Brides of Khaine; female dark elves that are dedicated to Khaine; Khainites. Executioners are also a Khainite unit, the models are mostly (all?) male. Assassins are also Khainites, again, male. If the schtick of the 'Warlocks' is that they are male Khainites, then they don't have one, because male Khainites aren't a new or rare thing. Hence, pointless.

Azazyll
05-09-2013, 19:58
What? The witch elves are the Brides of Khaine; female dark elves that are dedicated to Khaine; Khainites. Executioners are also a Khainite unit, the models are mostly (all?) male. Assassins are also Khainites, again, male. If the schtick of the 'Warlocks' is that they are male Khainites, then they don't have one, because male Khainites aren't a new or rare thing. Hence, pointless.

Could be all the male Khainites not from Har Ganeth

Ludaman
05-09-2013, 20:00
I hope the kraken looks like sharktapus....

skeptico
05-09-2013, 20:30
A detail from the 40k Radio comments thread:

The WE are incredible. They all have dynamic poses and look very fluid. Their hair are like the original models in the 90's but its not as big. If your a fan of the WE, you will be stoked about these models.

So another instance of GW looking to an older aesthetic. I'm pleased about that. It also may make it more likely that, as I speculated earlier, they will also be going back to the earlier look for exercutioners, and give them back their axes.

Lars Porsenna
05-09-2013, 20:36
Meh, not so sure I'm excited about Witch Elfs (BTW I totally read WE as Wood Elfs, it's been a long day...) going back to '80s Heavy metal hair. I'll reserve judgement until I see them, but some things are better not revisited. Like Mohawks in 40k... :)

Damon.

loveless
05-09-2013, 20:38
It also may make it more likely that, as I speculated earlier, they will also be going back to the earlier look for exercutioners, and give them back their axes.

Aw, I hope not. I rather like the swords..."draich", is that the word? I always thought the axe version just made them look like "Naughty White Lions" :p

skeptico
05-09-2013, 20:45
Aw, I hope not. I rather like the swords..."draich", is that the word? I always thought the axe version just made them look like "Naughty White Lions" :p

Well, it's that or "Naughty Swordmasters" I guess. :D

It's just a personal thing, but I felt like the current Execs look too samurai. The reason they changed them, at the time, was that they said axes weren't elven looking weapons. But I think the latest White Lions for one show that's not true.

Sharkbelly
05-09-2013, 21:34

Fingers (or tentacles) crossed.

plantagenet
05-09-2013, 21:39
Wonder how the new witch elves will compare to Raging heroes Blood Vestals. They match very well with big hair style of the plastic DE sorceress.

GlenMorray
05-09-2013, 21:41
WOw so these 40k radio guys have got even more rumours huh?

This stuff is better than H&H! :D

Druchii Monkey
05-09-2013, 21:48
NEW RUMORS for Warhammer Fantasy! My "source" has sent me pictures of the new Dark Elf release. The Dark Elves will be out in October with a slew of new models:

Overall quite plausible. Such a large release is not really much bigger than the Space Marine one and valid points about many DE kits being finecast and in need of moving to plastic.

I like the current warrior kit a lot but i'm in the minority and changing these models certainly allows GW to re-imagine the Dark Elf range. In that sense plausible, but i'm not sure about the swordsmen. What would they offer that Corsairs wouldn't? I don't really see the point of this option unless they are dirt-cheap, in which case happy to have more expendable minions.

Cool, a bit of a fluff change with the Warlocks but models could be great and help to sell this kit. Don't get the Khainite link some people are drawing. Warlock's are most likely the male equivalent of sorceresses but probably less powerful as Malekith will have potentially destroyed the more able ones.

Plausible but "Scroungerunner" makes me doubt a little unless manned by Skaven mercenaries. It's a bit of a lame name for a DE chariot.

Who sits on the Blood Throne - Crone Hellebron or High Carnifex - a choice or neither?

Finally... awesome!!! :evilgrin:

Avian
05-09-2013, 21:57
Could be all the male Khainites not from Har Ganeth
Could be completely unrelated to Khaine. :p

Silvertongue
05-09-2013, 22:26
Why are people so hell-bent on Warlocks being a breach of current background? Like someone said before, the name doesn't mean they can actually wield magic: Witch Elves have no magical abilities, for one.

And, if they do, it will most likely be some kind of magical distance attack, not spells, just a weapon. I say, let's wait. Although I admit, it's going to be a tough couple of weeks waiting for the leaked pics! All this anticipation...

GlenMorray
05-09-2013, 22:57
In peoples defence, a Warlock in olde English was a male alchemist. I think.

So it's probably a safe bet.

simonbeard
05-09-2013, 23:01
Why are people so hell-bent on Warlocks being a breach of current background?

Also, it's not like GW hasn't completely gone and changed their backgrounds for armies in the past. It's their game, their world. They'll make the changes they think are cool. And if we don't like the changes, we don't have to use the units.

I think this list sounds totally plausible AND fabulous. I can't wait to see the new models!

Soundwave
05-09-2013, 23:20
Dark riders used to be a form of heavy to medium cavalry once upon a time,maybe the warlocks will fill this role again.

Azazyll
05-09-2013, 23:41
In peoples defence, a Warlock in olde English was a male alchemist. I think.

So it's probably a safe bet.

There's no alchemy in Anglo-Saxon England, so no. It's from wærloga, Old English for oath breaker, according to many internet sites, but considering it never appeared in the entire corpus of Old English writings (yes, they are digitized) I think it's safe to say that's not true. It would also pretty much describe every Dark Elf ever.

Demiurg
05-09-2013, 23:52
In the Malus Darkblade Novels His brother was some kind of Khanite mystic, perhaps those are these warlocks?

Silvertongue
06-09-2013, 00:06
Apparently, and according to the latest comments in the fb thread, Warlocks look like male WEs.
Also, Execs wear a skull-like helmet, much like the Eldar Deathjester. And the Cauldron is, at least, on a chariot base.

Soundwave
06-09-2013, 00:08
Can anybody confirm wether or not the actual army book will be released? No mention of characters seems quite odd,given the range of special characters and lack of models. The witch King,Tullauris,Kouran and Hellbron are all without sculpts,will these just be dropped?

Ramius4
06-09-2013, 00:14

Right, because being mounted would in NO WAY sets them apart or gives them a niche... :rolleyes:

And btw, there's a tidbit on the fb page that supports my theory of them possibly being Khainite. Just sayin.

Silvertongue
06-09-2013, 00:59
More info from the FB thread:

Execs use swords (phew!). Black Guards look "amazing", with bulkier shoulders and tall helmets with plumes, so I guess pretty much like they look now (in that respect at least).
The Cauldron has six wheels and two staircases leading up to the platform with the big statue of Khaine. It is not pulled by anything, so maybe (my assumption it will be used like the Screaming Bell? Three Witch Elves on it, lots of spikes and blades.

Edit: and more! The Witch Elves have loincloths and bras (obviously) and look "vicious". On the Throne, there is something that looks like half-Witch Elf, half Medusa, with snakes as hair.

Now I'm almost literally foaming.

Also, weren't there, a month or so ago, a batch of rumours that said something like "Cauldron kit makes both the CoB and a Medusa thing" that we all thought were too wishlisty? It could be useful to find them and re-evaluate them.

Halbeard
06-09-2013, 01:05
Overall quite plausible. Such a large release is not really much bigger than the Space Marine one and valid points about many DE kits being finecast and in need of moving to plastic.

I like the current warrior kit a lot but i'm in the minority and changing these models certainly allows GW to re-imagine the Dark Elf range. In that sense plausible, but i'm not sure about the swordsmen. What would they offer that Corsairs wouldn't? I don't really see the point of this option unless they are dirt-cheap, in which case happy to have more expendable minions.

First of all, I hope this (Edit:massive release) is true, if it is... it's awsome, and much needed!

High Elves Spearmen as well as Lothern Seaguards isn't equipped with handweapon (Sword), perhaps this is something simular and will force you to choose, you can not just make those crossbowmen with shield and a nice parrysave. I also hope that this is an indication that warriors is still cheap.

I hope the big executioner axe is back (Edit: Noooo! See the post above!), I never liked the 6:ed executioners, especially since they where almost impossible to glue and look like 6:ed cold one knights.

Warlock seems a bit odd! But "Sister" did to a couple of months ago!

I hope they drop The specialcharachters that are required to make BG and Exes better and replace them with something more close to the new HE charachters.

About the charachters, for all we know they may be a part of the new boxes as with Sea helm, dragonmage and anointed, or options to build them.

I miss The Beastmaster, it could have been a solid hero with nice rules in the current monsterhammer.

Halbeard
06-09-2013, 01:11
More info from the FB thread:

Execs use swords (phew!). Black Guards look "amazing", with bulkier shoulders and tall helmets with plumes, so I guess pretty much like they look now (in that respect at least).
The Cauldron has six wheels and two staircases leading up to the platform with the big statue of Khaine. It is not pulled by anything, so maybe (my assumption it will be used like the Screaming Bell? Three Witch Elves on it, lots of spikes and blades.

Edit: and more! The Witch Elves have loincloths and bras (obviously) and look "vicious". On the Throne, there is something that looks like half-Witch Elf, half Medusa, with snakes as hair.

Now I'm almost literally foaming.

Also, weren't there, a month or so ago, a batch of rumours that said something like "Cauldron kit makes both the CoB and a Medusa thing" that we all thought were too wishlisty? It could be useful to find them and re-evaluate them. Yeap! There have been rumours of this medusa thing, I think someone said it to be releated to harpies, I may have got the harpies part wrong thou.

Silvertongue
06-09-2013, 01:22
Found it:

First post so be kind. I have a friend who works for GW and he told me about 2 weeks ago about a dual kit hydra / some other monster, dual kit plastic witch elves / sisters of slaughter, new cauldron and medusa kit thing was his exact words. not sure if anyone else has mentioned these.

By Arthurius11, in the now-locked thread that preceded this one. Now, we haven't heard anything about Sisters of Slaughter by the guys of 40k radio, but that doesn't mean it's not real. Perhaps it's a simple weapon swap that wasn't featured in the pics they received or something like that.

Edit: The new Hydra is beefier than the current one. And the WEs on the Throne use spears.

I have to say, they are being quite nice answering all my questions! I don't want to pester them, though.

Edit: Warlocks are bare-chested, with long flowing hair, painted white. They seem to have black eyes (or no eyes), except for the champion, whose eyes are glowing. Dark Riders are cloaked (of course), and hunched over in the saddle, in order to present a low profile.

And that should be all from me today. I need to sleep. Someone else ask them things!

Tuatha Dar
06-09-2013, 02:27
Perhaps you guys all know this, but the original Dark Elf book had Swordsmen as an entry. Always nice to see GW go "old school" with releases.

Tuatha

lordreaven448
06-09-2013, 02:42
I highly doubt Gw is redoing Dark Elf Warriors. And if they do i'll be ******* off as I just bought 3 boxes today to start my first fantasy army.

Sotek
06-09-2013, 02:46
must
have
pictures

AlexHolker
06-09-2013, 03:14
I highly doubt Gw is redoing Dark Elf Warriors. And if they do i'll be ******* off as I just bought 3 boxes today to start my first fantasy army.
Could you take them back and ask to swap them for some Corsairs?

tjhammer1
06-09-2013, 03:48
I hope the kraken looks like sharktapus....
+1, and has the sharknado special rule.

Danny_Harris
06-09-2013, 04:38
I am trusting this is all correct! Indeed, simply realizing that another book is nearing now is sufficient for me to you and my wallet to holler. I believe their correctness yet will remain mindful till the center of September.

lordreaven448
06-09-2013, 04:39
Could you take them back and ask to swap them for some Corsairs?
Nope, they guy was getting rid of all of his GW stock and he only had 3 boxes left (45% discount does that). But the First Fantasy army I was introduced way back in 2004 to was Dark Elves so I wanted to come full circle (I love Skaven, but they can always be my second force:)).

Brother Haephestus
06-09-2013, 04:55
Oh Sweet Baby Emperor ... how am I supposed to afford this and the new PS4 coming out in November? Gah! Time to start selling the kids' kidneys ...

While this certainly breaks from the norm, after the BT went ::poof:: over on the 40K side, I no longer trust the norm.

Gharnukk
06-09-2013, 07:19
If these rumours are true I have absolutely no excuse not to start an Dark ef army again...

Stimpson J Cat
06-09-2013, 07:47
Oh Sweet Baby Emperor ... how am I supposed to afford this and the new PS4 coming out in November? Gah! Time to start selling the kids' kidneys ...

While this certainly breaks from the norm, after the BT went ::poof:: over on the 40K side, I no longer trust the norm.

Of course! the kids also have kidneys! why didn't I think of that myself? :D

Alebelly_Cragfist
06-09-2013, 08:47
There's no alchemy in Anglo-Saxon England, so no. It's from wærloga, Old English for oath breaker, according to many internet sites, but considering it never appeared in the entire corpus of Old English writings (yes, they are digitized) I think it's safe to say that's not true. It would also pretty much describe every Dark Elf ever.

If you speak to a modern day Wiccan, they'll say a Warlock is an Oathbreaker, something about them breaking a Wiccan code/oath and going "rogue" or some such. Even if that's not the most cast iron source, rogue mages sound quite pimp to me :)

DeathlessDraich
06-09-2013, 10:07
The following might have already been mentioned - apologies - haven't read every post.
I can't verify the validity or the source. I think only one or 2 out of the 6 below will turn out to be true. We shall see - in the last week of September.:)

1) 2 new monsters (or monstrous units?) not 1. One monster from Karond Kar (Is this the Kraken? Does it fly? - I don't know) and the other may be from Har Ganeth

2) Temple of Khaine artifacts remain - Don't know whether there are new poisons or not

3) Maybe a new unit from Har Ganeth or a modification for Executioners?

4) Improved Assassins - could be a Save or improved Hidden rules.

5) I think rumours of City Guard, Slaves etc are probably hopeful speculation. Dark Magic and Black Horror will probably remain as do all the present units but following latest trends there are bound to be new units.

I am hoping for interesting new additions/improvements to the rules. :)

Darnok
06-09-2013, 10:29
Nope, they guy was getting rid of all of his GW stock and he only had 3 boxes left (45% discount does that). But the First Fantasy army I was introduced way back in 2004 to was Dark Elves so I wanted to come full circle (I love Skaven, but they can always be my second force:)).

Small hint: wait three weeks. If the rumours turn out to be wrong, you have lost nothing but three weeks. If they turn out to be true though: get some of the new kits, and use the surplus heads and arms (which will be there en masse if we get indeed multikits) on the older bodies. Nothing wrong with the bodies really, those mudels suck because of the heads/arms - and you might be able to replace them.

Win-win, no?

Romark
06-09-2013, 10:50
Small hint: wait three weeks. If the rumours turn out to be wrong, you have lost nothing but three weeks. If they turn out to be true though: get some of the new kits, and use the surplus heads and arms (which will be there en masse if we get indeed multikits) on the older bodies. Nothing wrong with the bodies really, those mudels suck because of the heads/arms - and you might be able to replace them.

Win-win, no?

+1 Pro tip that. I have an unmade unit from month ago, i'll be doing exactly this.

Druchii Monkey
06-09-2013, 17:01

I like the old warriors and at 45% off an absolute bargain. They are great "volume" troops. Individually they don't look great, but they line up super easy, are quick to paint, and all those spears together look great.

In the Malus Darkblade Novels His brother was some kind of Khanite mystic, perhaps those are these warlocks?

His brother Uriel (if i remember the name right) was more of a priest of Khaine than a Warlock. I think Warlock's are very likely to be male versions of Sorceresses but lower-powered as Malekith will have squashed the more able ones. I guess it would make sense for them to hang out in groups given their semi-renegade status.

simonbeard
06-09-2013, 17:05

Win-win, no?

Absolutely, I just built a DE force about 8 months ago using the DE crossbowmen bodies and Dark Eldar helmets. I still used the crappy arms, but even something so small as switching out the heads made a HUGE difference. My opponent even asked me where I got cool DE minis.

Listen to the Darnok. He speaks the truth.

Ramius4
06-09-2013, 17:07
I like the old warriors and at 45% off an absolute bargain. They are great "volume" troops. Individually they don't look great, but they line up super easy, are quick to paint, and all those spears together look great.

While not my favorite models (I abhor the monkey fists), painting the hands as a glove or gauntlet really helps their appearance. I do like Darnok's suggestion about using the new arms for them, it might really help as long as they have the same kind of join.

Oh, and the poster just above me is right, there are some really great parts in the Dark Eldar range that of course fit the Dark Elves great.

Hell, at 45% off even I'd be picking them up!

lordreaven448
06-09-2013, 17:18

Win-win, no?
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks.

riker666
06-09-2013, 17:40

His brother Uriel (if i remember the name right) was more of a priest of Khaine than a Warlock. I think Warlock's are very likely to be male versions of Sorceresses but lower-powered as Malekith will have squashed the more able ones. I guess it would make sense for them to hang out in groups given their semi-renegade status.

Before the 6th edition book DE had male sorcerers. I remember buying one as one of my first miniatures for 10.000 Lire, or about 5 euros. And he still kicks ass

Soundwave
06-09-2013, 19:23

Its sea creature Dan!Sea creature!
Anyhow whilst back on topic the book is STILL not confirmed and please take note of massive release and book =possible wave and some shi##/ pamphlet in the white dwarf. No characters or book and or authour details may be just the conclusion.

Halbeard
06-09-2013, 19:48
I Doubt this is a wave if it is true. Haven't H&H had Dark Elves in October?

Lars Porsenna
06-09-2013, 19:58
I Doubt this is a wave if it is true. Haven't H&H had Dark Elves in October?

AS reliable as H&H have been in the past, they are not above mistakes. They had predicted the WoC army book when in fact it was a wave, with the book coming out a few months later. So while October is most likely the book release, it is possible it could be a wave too IMHO.

Damon.

Persufflation
06-09-2013, 20:16
I think they pushed the warriors back if I remember right...may be a case of changed plans there...

frankling
06-09-2013, 20:20
There are some hints that at least the new warrior box is going to be true. I just browsed a few shops and e.g. Wayland lists the warriors as sold out and not available anymore. Another german shop I frequently visit doesn't even list them anymore. Definitely not an 100% evidence but enough to convince me ;)
I wish they had considered to renew the core infantry for the HE release, too :/

Avian
06-09-2013, 20:43
40K Radio posted a metric ton of info about the Marines which is apparently turning out to be spot on. Not believing them now doesn't make any kind of sense.

Azazyll
06-09-2013, 21:21
Before the 6th edition book DE had male sorcerers. I remember buying one as one of my first miniatures for 10.000 Lire, or about 5 euros. And he still kicks ass

I was hoping for priests of the other dark gods, but I can always just counts-as sorceresses. They seem to have eased off Malekith's injunction a bit.

Perhaps GW has held off on the remaining books (other than Beasts and Skaven) just to make this kind of big release for each - Dwarfs, WEs and Bretonnians could all use the model help.

simonbeard
06-09-2013, 21:38
These Warlocks actually sound somewhat similar to Mandrakes (bare chests, long white hare, magic users), I wonder if these new models will have a similar look to the Dark Eldar release that landed so well for GW a few years ago. It's probably not a bad idea, since the Dark Eldar sold so dang well.

Lord Dan
06-09-2013, 21:42
Its sea creature Dan!Sea creature!

Ah, you got me there, bud. Who would have thought I would have forgotten the name of a rule which has minimal impact on the game and is claimed by exactly none of the existing units in any army?

:p

Layne in Spayne
06-09-2013, 21:47
Nothing wrong with the bodies really, those mudels suck because of the heads/arms - and you might be able to replace them.

Win-win, no?

Clown Shoes! Win/draw.

simonbeard
06-09-2013, 21:49
Clown Shoes! Win/draw.

The shoes only show up in the front rank, and even then only 5% of the model (well, 10%, they are massive).

Druchii Monkey
06-09-2013, 22:05
These Warlocks actually sound somewhat similar to Mandrakes (bare chests, long white hare, magic users), I wonder if these new models will have a similar look to the Dark Eldar release that landed so well for GW a few years ago. It's probably not a bad idea, since the Dark Eldar sold so dang well.

I do hope this rumoured release is not just 40K Radio catching sight of an awesomely converted DE army with some add-ons outside the GW range, and making all sorts of suppositions. I'm much more thinking this release sounds plausible than not... but the 40K Radio coverage has too many references to helmets like High Elves but a lot more Dark Elf like etc, models that look a lot like Sword Masters but more Dark Elf like.

Hopefully there will be pictures sometime soon to set minds at rest. I just can't picture this hydra/kraken combo-kit. Guess i'm just hungry for more info. :evilgrin:

Lion275
06-09-2013, 22:30
They are not a converted army. I only used High Elves to kind of give a comparison. Even though it is 40k radio both myself and the other host both play a lot of WHFB. We can't and won't show pics unless our source gives us the ok. The pictures we have received are the high res pictures that will be in the WD. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them to my utmost ability here or on our Facebook page.

Gooner
06-09-2013, 22:33
How similar are the new warriors to the old ones? Is it worth kitbashing them or is there a significant difference?

Avian
06-09-2013, 22:34
They are not a converted army. I only used High Elves to kind of give a comparison. Even though it is 40k radio both myself and the other host both play a lot of WHFB. We can't and won't show pics unless our source gives us the ok. The pictures we have received are the high res pictures that will be in the WD. If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer them to my utmost ability here or on our Facebook page.
Thanks a bunch for the info. :) I think a lot of us are wondering about what sort of equipment and weapons the new Scroungerunner Chariot and the Warlocks have.

Lion275
06-09-2013, 22:40
As of right now we only have the pics, no details on the book. Last time we got the pictures and then the book a little later. As soon as we get more info we will pass it on. So as far as the weapons I can only go off the pictures. Here is what I see:

The new chariot crew is armed with spears and what looks to be a large crossbow or bolt thrower on the chariot.

Lion275
06-09-2013, 22:44
The pictures have me thinking I want to collect another Dark Elves army. We have not received pics of any of the characters but that doesn't mean there won't be any.

Avian
06-09-2013, 22:48
Do they look like they're casting spells, do they look like they have some sort of magical weapons, do they look they are some sort of super-scouts or anything? What sort of unit do they appear to be? Do they have any kind of armour?

Gooner
06-09-2013, 22:49
I just bought two battalions thinking they wouldn't change anything in those boxes. Can you explain how well the new warriors will go with the old ones?

Lion275
06-09-2013, 22:50
The new Warriors look quite different to me. But then again I am a big geek that notices stuff like that. They have cloaks that come down their back and all the helmets don't cover the eyes any more.

Lion275
06-09-2013, 22:54
The warlocks are bare chested, and the weapons look mundane...aka not glowing. They look like large jagged daggers. They are held in reverse grips which looks pretty slick. The warlock champions eyes are glowing which IMO hints at some magical abilities. md as far as the warriors go I think a big difference will be the size of them. Look at the size difference between Isle of Blood Lothern Sea Guard and the normal High Elves spearman.

Coldblood666
06-09-2013, 23:17
Im really excited to hear about a plastic hydra finally. The last metal monstrosity put me off starting DE. Can't wait to know what it looks like :D

Lion275
06-09-2013, 23:24
It looks bigger and beefier. Like we said Dark Elves are setting the bar for the best range of models in WHFB.

Gooner
06-09-2013, 23:27
Can you tell what size base the hydra is on? Currently it is on a chariot base.

Lion275
06-09-2013, 23:31
I can't really tell from the pic. The two handlers are actually on the base so I don't have their base size to compare to. Sorry.

kheirakh
06-09-2013, 23:38

Mundane warriors with cloaks sound a bit weird.. But also new. Are the cloaks large?

Does the Kraken have handlers like Hydra has?

Thanks for the news anyway, I'm very excited to hear about the new dark elves!

herohammer
06-09-2013, 23:42
I am just guessing here, this is not a rumor, but it seems likely to me that witch elves are going to be in core in the next book given that they are receiving their own kit instead of a dual kit. The last non-core ranked infantry unit to get a solo box was tomb guard and they are the only noncore ranked infantry in the TK army. Forsaken got a solo plastic kit and moves to core.

This is speculation but it would not surprise me.

Lion275
06-09-2013, 23:46
The cloaks hang down from underneath the shoulder armor and cover the back of the chain mail. It definitely is new for them but it looks really cool. The Druchii warriors also have shoulder armor. It makes them look simply awesome. The skull embossed on their shields looks great too. Yes the Hydra does have 2 handlers.

Morgion
06-09-2013, 23:53
Anyone see the follow up rumour on faeit? It says 4 plastic characters will come as well.

scoutbike
07-09-2013, 00:02
The cloaks hang down from underneath the shoulder armor and cover the back of the chain mail. It definitely is new for them but it looks really cool. The Druchii warriors also have shoulder armor. It makes them look simply awesome. The skull embossed on their shields looks great too. Yes the Hydra does have 2 handlers.

What is the artistic style and theme of these new miniatures? More specifically, I really like the lord of the rings stuff like those guys on the elephant, and the reaper bolt thrower crew are sort of like that, almost like desert warriors with the cloth robs and face coverings. i note also no mention of a new Reaper, so do the new miniatures look like that style, or something else? Does the new stye look like it will go well with existing miniatures like the Reaper and Shades? Or will those look pretty bad now in comparison?

Halbeard
07-09-2013, 00:06

Please, tell us more about the Kraken, Witch elves are they armed as those from the 6:ed? What differs the Executioners from the Black Guard, I have heard it is a dual kit! Thank you for sharing with us!

Lion275
07-09-2013, 00:14
What is the artistic style and theme of these new miniatures? More specifically, I really like the lord of the rings stuff like those guys on the elephant, and the reaper bolt thrower crew are sort of like that, almost like desert warriors with the cloth robs and face coverings. i note also no mention of a new Reaper, so do the new miniatures look like that style, or something else? Does the new stye look like it will go well with existing miniatures like the Reaper and Shades? Or will those look pretty bad now in comparison?

Great question. The Warriors, Black Guard, and Dark Riders all have cloaks. None of them appear to have face coverings. The Executioners appear to have skull faced helms. The theme to me appears to be a more sinister version of their High Elf bretheren. The plate armor has very spiked and jagged edges. The style will still fit well with the Shades and Reaper but next to these new models they will look very dated.

Lion275
07-09-2013, 00:25
-The Kraken has 5 heads/fanged maws. The have spines and scales with smooth neck and belly flesh. Scales are painted a Dark Grey with the softer flesh painted blue. Looks awesome.
-Black Guard look very stalwart with large halberds and high helms with 3 spikes on each side with a flowing plume on top. Their armor is black trimmed in gold and they have dark purple cloaks. The unit champion is holding a sword by the hilt with the blade planted in the ground. Musician is a drummer.
-The executioners have what look like skull helms, and their armor is a brighter silver than the Black Guard. Their tunics are red in color and the Draiches are all held on the left hand side of their bodies (their left our right). They look very cool ranked up.

Halbeard
07-09-2013, 00:49

Thanks! Looks like the fall/autmn and winter will be a Dark elf shopping spree! Is there anything that suggests that you get the option to make charachters from the boxes? like in the high elf release (Anointed and Sea helm). And also, what about the horses of the Dark riders, and I guess the horses of the so called Warlocks (are the same?), do they look like the old horses or more like woodelf horses, or maybe more like the High Elf horses. Is The Dark riders armed with spears, and or crossbows? As for now I have build my Dark riders from using Glade Rider horses and leggs, and combined them with parts from the warriors, mostly because I think those old Dark Riders was boring. As far as I know the Dark Riders that have been out is from 5th or late 4th edition. IMHO a update to the Dark riders is needed!
Thanks again!

Soundwave
07-09-2013, 01:10
Ah, you got me there, bud. Who would have thought I would have forgotten the name of a rule which has minimal impact on the game and is claimed by exactly none of the existing units in any army?

:p

Hahahah i know no marching on land for you!:)

Silvertongue
07-09-2013, 01:30
I honestly can't wait to see the pseudo-Medusa of the Blood Throne. It can be really awesome or horrid. I'm hoping for awesome!

zhangyi
07-09-2013, 03:34
still i'm curious that does kraken have any tentacles? or it's much like the hydra with multiple heads? in general we suppose kraken is something like a giant octopus...
and someone said witch elves is a dual-kit box, with something like female warriors with shield and lashes. do u see the pictures about that?
then, what do dark riders look like? what weapon do they have and do they have some face covering like the pics in old books?
finally, besides horse and cold one, what is the difference between the two chariots?
i'd really appreciate for your answer~ thank u so much~

tmr8188
07-09-2013, 03:52
Wonderful, just completed my unit of 40 metal executioners... Oh and converted myself 10 dark riders and 2 coldone chariots... Oh and finally finished painting my 50 spearmen...

Still excited!

Gharnukk
07-09-2013, 06:48
All this sounds amazing. Really want so see these pictures :)

Sir_Glonojad
07-09-2013, 07:22
Thanks a lot Lion275! Yeah, I just got 5 glade ridwr horses for Dark Rider convertion....

Any idea of box sizes? 10 for infantry, 5 for cav?
I assume pictures are of 'box content'...

Mithrilherz
07-09-2013, 07:45
From 40K Radio's Facebook page:

This will be a huge release and the Dark Elves will be the best looking Fantasy army, IMHO. These models are breathe taking and Dark Elf fans will have their minds blown!

Good to know that we seem to have good sources again, while H&H are really missed
Funny to see again that All the "this is just wishlisting because of this ... and looking on the so far releases, it cannot be that ..." mongers have a quite low profile now.

Yes, there can be a replacement of plastic core and they do new boxes without adding new units.

shabbadoo
07-09-2013, 08:30
People should have already pulled their head out of their butts on that issue when GW redid the Empire Cores, the Skaven Core, and the Beastmen Core. GW is obviously redoing the the poorer looking plastics as they can. Just because they do it for some armies and not for others doesn't mean that they have no plans to replace the poorer sets at all. They just don't have limitless production capability is all. As it seems like most everyone is mellowing out now, here is a small tidbit:
I honestly can't wait to see the pseudo-Medusa of the Blood Throne. It can be really awesome or horrid. I'm hoping for awesome!

It is definitely awesome. It looks somewhat like the Medusa from Clash of the Titans (the newer version of the movie)- snake from the waste down, hair of snakes, not too monstrous of a face; the pose is upright (body up high, supported by the tail). I don't know if players will be able to field this model on a base as its own unit or not (i.e. has its own independent unit entry in the army list), as has been the case with some other combo-kit models like this (the High Elf Lothern Skycutter Lord with trident on foot for instance). As to the crew of the Cauldron of Blood, they are in the style of the plastic Dark Elf Sorceress but are more dynamic with regard to the poses. Armies made up of only the newer models are going to look great on the game table.

As to the rest, I'll leave it to 40k Radio (who did a fine job with the Space Marines info, regardless of what some intarwebz fools with a seeming sense of entitlement might think) and others to drop, as they will no doubt do a great job this time around too. Pics should show up pretty soon I think, as more an more people have now seen them (and pre-orders are only 3 weeks away, or so I have been led to believe).

Lion275
07-09-2013, 09:03
The Dark Riders are very cool looking. Sleek looking horses with only a bit of armor. All of the Riders are hunched over in the saddle to give the illusion of speeding fast cav. The helmets appear to be open faced and they are armed with spears in the picture I have, once again that doesn't mean they wont get crossbows (in the pictures we have they are in the back ground behind the Warlocks). The Kraken doesn't have tentacles, it has four legs with webbed appendages ending in claws and it also has a tail. The Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne look very cool. If you are a fan of the newer larger models GW has been putting out for WHFB you will really dig it. It is a bit toned down compared to the Empire Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh and has blades and hooks on it to make it very sinister and Dark Elf. I also want to say thanks for such the warm welcome. I am glad that you guys are fired up for this release. As soon as more info becomes available to us I will share it on our Facebook and post here too. I will continue to answer questions about the models to the best of my ability and thank you for being very understanding as to why we cant release the pictures sent to us. You guys are awesome!

Asathor
07-09-2013, 09:09
Thanks for the information and I hope it's true. Dark elves become mi first fantasy army :P

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4

Coldblood666
07-09-2013, 09:09
What's the name for the FB page? Also, so the kraken is more like a sea/land dwelling creature?

Sir_Glonojad
07-09-2013, 09:11
Are there many similarities between the Kraken and thw Hydra, or are the models different enough?

Zen21
07-09-2013, 09:21
Thanks for the information so far guys!

Couple of quick questions.

Do any of the kits look good for converting/ modelling into dreadlord/master models?
And any bits that look good for modelling a BSB?
What do the sword wielding basic warriors look like?
This one may be impossible to answer, but do you guys have any idea if the warriors/crossbowmen box will contain only 10 models? It a different amount?

Thanks again guys! BIG thanks!!!

Avian
07-09-2013, 09:33
I also want to say thanks for such the warm welcome. I am glad that you guys are fired up for this release. As soon as more info becomes available to us I will share it on our Facebook and post here too. I will continue to answer questions about the models to the best of my ability and thank you for being very understanding as to why we cant release the pictures sent to us. You guys are awesome!
Thanks for sharing. :)

I assume this Cauldron / Throne kit will be like the Skaven Screaming Bell / Big Censer thingy and it's meant to be pushed into battle by a unit since it has nothing to pull. That would presumably mean the base is the same too - 60 x 100 mm. Could you say a little bit more about the differences between the models - Is the Medusa for the Throne while the Cauldron comes with a Witch Elf character? Is the cauldron & statue only for the Cauldron? If so, what does the Throne have instead?

Again thanks. :)

Soulless
07-09-2013, 09:45
If you are a fan of the newer larger models GW has been putting out for WHFB you will really dig it.

One question about the size of the models - the new warriors look more like sea guard from IoB OR the old warriors look more bulky and are bigger ? I wanted my Dark Elf to get leaner not bulkier :/

Druchii Monkey
07-09-2013, 10:17

This is awesome. Thanks Lion275. With the Black Guard do they have a standard bearer? Do any of the standards seem to be embossed with a pattern or just flat - just interested to see how detailed they have got? The 3 spikes on each side sounds very cool. :evilgrin:

scoutbike
07-09-2013, 11:21
a GW manager told me today that the Kraken will be the first model to have the sea creature rule. I know we're all thinking it anyway and it's hardly a surprise, but at least it's a confirmation of what's to come.

Sotek
07-09-2013, 11:30
When can we see pics?

innerwolf
07-09-2013, 11:33
That description of the Kraken seems like it will be a conceptual letdown. Everyone is wating for a half-octopus monster and it sounds like an aquatic Hydra.
Maybe GW spent the many-tentacled monstrosity slot on the Vortex Beast and they aren't allowed to produce another one without one stepping on the toes of the other.

I will await judgment until I see pictures, but my expectations are low.

PD: Thinking about it, as long as the Kraken kit fits in scale with the Vortex Beast it should be pretty easy to have everything happy by mashing them together.

AlexHolker
07-09-2013, 11:47
It is definitely awesome. It looks somewhat like the Medusa from Clash of the Titans (the newer version of the movie)- snake from the waste down, hair of snakes, not too monstrous of a face; the pose is upright (body up high, supported by the tail).
I love Medusa. Seeing the prices will undoubtedly kill my enthusiasm, but right now I'm happy.

defunct
07-09-2013, 11:51
Amidst all this awesomeness it's a very minor shame that the Dark Riders wouldn't have different sorts of face coverings.
Always liked the old metals except for the fat spear shafts they had.

Thanks for all the info. It was hard to believe at first and now I can hardly contain my excitement for what GW has stored for us in the future in addition to this monstrous release. :) It seems they are about to go full steam!

lybban
07-09-2013, 11:54
Time to sell the old dwarf army if this turns out to be true. Harry said major revamp for dwarves and major revamp seems very plausible if this is indeed as big a release as it seems.

Gharnukk
07-09-2013, 12:09
I have just spent a larger amount of money on my Lizardmen. And if the rumours are true it looks like october will be an even more expensive month :p And I promised myself that I would just keep one army

Demiurg
07-09-2013, 12:34
People should have already pulled their head out of their butts on that issue when GW redid the Empire Cores, the Skaven Core, and the Beastmen Core. GW is obviously redoing the the poorer looking plastics as they can. Just because they do it for some armies and not for others doesn't mean that they have no plans to replace the poor er setts at all. they just don't have limitless production capability is all. As it seems like most everyone is mellowing out now, here is a small tidbit:

It is definitely awesome. It looks somewhat like the Medusa from Clash of the Titans (the newer version of the movie)- snake from the waste down, hair of snakes, not too monstrous of a face; the pose is upright (body up high, supported by the tail). I don't know if players will be able to field this model on a base as its own unit or not (i.e. has its own independent unit entry in the army list), as has been the case with some other combo-kit models like this (the High Elf Lothern Skycutter Lord with trident on foot for instance). As to the crew of the Cauldron of Blood, they are in the style of the plastic Dark Elf Sorceress but are more dynamic with regard to the poses. Armies made up of only the newer models are going to look great on the game table.

As to the rest, I'll leave it to 40k Radio (who did a fine job with the Space Marines info, regardless of what some intarwebz fools with a seeming sense of entitlement might think) and others to drop, as they will no doubt do a great job this time around too. Pics should show up pretty soon I think, as more an more people have now seen them (and pre-orders are only 3 weeks away, or so I have been led to believe).

So just before GD?

I'm not sure about the Witch Elves if and a big IF they Have gone back to the more chunky Mohawk things and finally done away with any sort of dangerous beauty aesthetic as I suspect that they have ( from what My Russian Source tells me) that Diaz fans will be disappointed.

lbecks
07-09-2013, 12:43
Thanks for the info. 7 box kits is a huge release. I'm interested if they're going to do it in 1 month or do it like WoC which also had 7 boxes.

GlenMorray
07-09-2013, 13:06
How many months was the DoC release? 2?

kheirakh
07-09-2013, 13:06
The Dark Riders are very cool looking. Sleek looking horses with only a bit of armor. All of the Riders are hunched over in the saddle to give the illusion of speeding fast cav. The helmets appear to be open faced and they are armed with spears in the picture I have, once again that doesn't mean they wont get crossbows (in the pictures we have they are in the back ground behind the Warlocks). The Kraken doesn't have tentacles, it has four legs with webbed appendages ending in claws and it also has a tail. The Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne look very cool. If you are a fan of the newer larger models GW has been putting out for WHFB you will really dig it. It is a bit toned down compared to the Empire Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh and has blades and hooks on it to make it very sinister and Dark Elf. I also want to say thanks for such the warm welcome. I am glad that you guys are fired up for this release. As soon as more info becomes available to us I will share it on our Facebook and post here too. I will continue to answer questions about the models to the best of my ability and thank you for being very understanding as to why we cant release the pictures sent to us. You guys are awesome!

Thank you again for your kind message!

About the Kraken: Does it have four legs and four or five heads (like Hydra has?). Does it have some sort of mouth? Where are the eyes? I'm so excited about this new creature. Would you describe it to be like an octopus/squid or something else?

How big are the cauldron of blood / Blood throne bases? Chariot size or something else?

It's so nice that someone can give us info, since nowadays the early birds are so rare.

zhangyi
07-09-2013, 13:15
so i've got something new to say.
someone just told me that dark elf have army-wide ASF rule.

lbecks
07-09-2013, 13:23

Daemons had 2 releases Aug and then March with 8 plastic boxes.

Avian
07-09-2013, 13:24
Depends on how you count it. They got a lot of releases spread over multiple years. The first book was in 2008 and then they got minis in 2010, 2011 (just one) and 2012 before the new book earlier this year.

nosebiter
07-09-2013, 13:26
A preorder date just before GD makes sense. The the design studio can show of DE and SM.

dwarf_zepplin
07-09-2013, 13:47
so i've got something new to say.
someone just told me that dark elf have army-wide ASF rule.

I'd put money on it, ever since the High Elves changed to ASF from SOA and dropped all background explanation as to why the HE have ASF. Bodes well for the wood elves too I'd say! ;)

shabbadoo
07-09-2013, 13:58
So just before GD?
Yes. I assume that all of the studio Dark Elf stuff will be there on display.

I'm not sure about the Witch Elves if and a big IF they Have gone back to the more chunky Mohawk things and finally done away with any sort of dangerous beauty aesthetic as I suspect that they have ( from what My Russian Source tells me) that Diaz fans will be disappointed.

They are not going back to this...

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1998/1998P153-01.htm

...but will be very, very close to this:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1850213a_99070212001_DarkElfSorceress02_445x319.j pg

Anybody who for some reason hates that style/look will no doubt hate the new Witch Elves. Those who like that overall style/look will be very pleased.

Miredorf
07-09-2013, 14:19
Any info about the book author?

Sir_Glonojad
07-09-2013, 14:21
Well, I'd like the look but I'd be afraid that Sorceresses might end too similar to Hags (as with AoW model which can be used as either with just a weapon selection...).

barjed
07-09-2013, 15:00
I'll be damned, this sounds like a dream come true. Whoever at GW was mad enough to push such a huge release I hope will continue doing the same for other armies :D

Wesser
07-09-2013, 15:12
I'd put money on it, ever since the High Elves changed to ASF from SOA and dropped all background explanation as to why the HE have ASF. Bodes well for the wood elves too I'd say! ;)

No it don't...sound like lazy to me....but oh well guess Corpse Cart and Nightshroud will be stables in my VC army if this is true...fingers crossed for NOT

mbh1127
07-09-2013, 15:29
ugh

I never thought I would be interested in a DE army. Now I'm going to go broke without even seeing the pics.

Voss
07-09-2013, 16:01
ugh

I never thought I would be interested in a DE army. Now I'm going to go broke without even seeing the pics.
Mmm. Plastic witch elves (plus the existing cold one knights) are making me think of recreating my 5th edition army. People were disturbed by my use of large units of both.

Iverald
07-09-2013, 16:37
I'm getting excited for this release. After all, we should not expect any HE core before the Second Coming, so twice overpriced DE conversions start to look perfectly viable. :shifty:

Soundwave
07-09-2013, 16:43
A.S.F. and hatred would blow executioners out of proportion and make them a touch o.p.If hatred is kept i can not see a place for A.S.F.

Voss
07-09-2013, 16:57
A.S.F. and hatred would blow executioners out of proportion and make them a touch o.p.If hatred is kept i can not see a place for A.S.F.

Actually, most of the time it wouldn't do anything at all. Can't re-roll re-rolls. It would just make hatred fairly worthless unless facing other elves or daemonettes(?)

Soundwave
07-09-2013, 17:04
Actually, most of the time it wouldn't do anything at all. Can't re-roll re-rolls. It would just make hatred fairly worthless unless facing other elves or daemonettes(?)

Re rolling with great weapons at high initiative will be doing alot.And killing blow also.

Brotheroracle
07-09-2013, 17:22
Yes hatred and ASF on executioners would be powerful. I'm holding my breath on the ASF though. If we get Hatred and ASF we could see a price hike on A LOT of units but that's not a bad thing to the new players, cheaper start up.

This release sounds to good to be true. I'm really excited to see if the Dark Rdier/Warlock unit parts can fit on reaver jet bikes. And hopefully splinter rifle arms will fit some of these new bodies.

Some of the new stuff sounds like there will be more of a Dark Magic vibe then just "Angry Martial Elves"; not that the Military aspect is out of place I just feel like there hasn't been enough of the evil magic/chaos influence on the unit selections outside of the Lord/Hero slot.

Brotheroracle
07-09-2013, 17:24

I don't have my rulebook with me, but I don't think you get the reroll with great weapons and ASF because of the ASL interaction.

Shadowsinner
07-09-2013, 17:58
I don't have my rulebook with me, but I don't think you get the reroll with great weapons and ASF because of the ASL interaction.

you get the reroll from hatred

Voss
07-09-2013, 17:58
He wasn't claiming otherwise- just correcting me on my mistake.

Ah. I missed the executioners part completely. :/

Yeah, that isn't horrible. But ASF sounds like complete speculation (and a fair bit of pure hope) to me.

Plus, we're talking about Proper Elves here, not sad little high elves who need special help to be viable at all. :evilgrin:

Ender Shadowkin
07-09-2013, 19:26
these are awesome rumors, awesome job by 40k radio by posting, standing behind, and elaborating on their rumor.

This massive release looks like a kit bash dream. The kraken mixed with a votex beast kit sounds great for my slaanishi/count as beasts of nurgle plans.

Looks like some great opportunities for a HE nagaryth themed list .

Exciting stuff!

Darnok
07-09-2013, 20:04
Please refrain from wishlisting.

Darnok [=I=]

Demiurg
07-09-2013, 20:55

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1850213a_99070212001_DarkElfSorceress02_445x319.j pg

Anybody who for some reason hates that style/look will no doubt hate the new Witch Elves. Those who like that overall style/look will be very pleased.

Its Not that I hate that look, But The cult of the Sorceresses should not look like the Cult of Khaine,
I Will reserve final judgement to pictures.
The Medusa IS interesting and AS usual if I end up with one of each of the new releases because of commissions I'm quite happy to keep that one.
But I was So extraordinarily disappointed with the Lizardmen Book I can only Hope that the Dark Elf fair better.

Druchii Monkey
07-09-2013, 22:35
Its Not that I hate that look, But The cult of the Sorceresses should not look like the Cult of Khaine,
I Will reserve final judgement to pictures.

Ultimately if they are druchii women with not much on then they are going to look similar, and i always felt the most recent sorceress was more how i'd like to see the witch elves than the sorceresses so quite happy. Poses would need to be more dynamic and hopefully slightly more muscular but that sorceress was a great test model for witch elves.

lbecks
07-09-2013, 23:05
Question for the 40k radio guys, Do you know who the sculptors for them are?

Also, did it look like the remaining special characters were part of the regular boxes like TikTaqTo was part of that Lizardmen box? I think all that's left are Crone Hellebron (Witch elf, looks like she has white hair), Kouran of the black guard, and Tullaris of Har Ganeth.

sulla
07-09-2013, 23:18
Mmm. Plastic witch elves (plus the existing cold one knights) are making me think of recreating my 5th edition army. People were disturbed by my use of large units of both.There's only so much you do to make evil strippers look different from each other. The differences will be in pose and mood of the models, not the actual details. Frenzied charging vs haughtily zapping with magic bolts.

Lord Dan
08-09-2013, 00:18
True. Let's face it: sorceresses are really just witch elves with staffs.

Hochdorf
08-09-2013, 04:32
On a side note, I feel the look of the current sorceress owes a lot to Valérie Quennessen in Conan the Barbarian.

http://cineplex.media.baselineresearch.com/images/267840/267840_large.jpg

Demiurg
08-09-2013, 12:41
My Money would be on Goodwin, he seems the goto guy for Elven types.

Shadeseraph
08-09-2013, 13:39
Plus, we're talking about Proper Elves here, not sad little high elves who need special help to be viable at all. :evilgrin:

Such as army-wide hate, you mean?

corgan
08-09-2013, 14:33
Wonder how the new witch elves will compare to Raging heroes Blood Vestals. They match very well with big hair style of the plastic DE sorceress.

I think that's how Wich Elves should look in general. I mean like the Raging Heroes ones. They should have a vampiric touch for me. Look sensual, vicious and lethal at the same time. Give an idea of unspeakable dark magic, torture and blood lust.

corgan
08-09-2013, 15:37

That's exactly how they should look like

Lion275
08-09-2013, 17:01
Thank you again for your kind message!

About the Kraken: Does it have four legs and four or five heads (like Hydra has?). Does it have some sort of mouth? Where are the eyes? I'm so excited about this new creature. Would you describe it to be like an octopus/squid or something else?

How big are the cauldron of blood / Blood throne bases? Chariot size or something else?

It's so nice that someone can give us info, since nowadays the early birds are so rare.

Yes the Kraken has multiple heads. From the pic it looks like there is one main head with eyes and the other four necks end with fanged maws. Very cool looking. It may sound stupid to people as it is walking but wait until the picture comes out before passing judgement. The Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne are on a bigger base than the chariot base. The witches are also sporting thigh high boots and are very dynamic with their poses. I wonder how much of a pain in the butt it will be to get them to rank up.

Thorin
08-09-2013, 18:10
(Darn it, now that I've bought those few HE for a fluff project and decided to include "Lady Rowenna's corsairs" I am somehow tempted to get DE...)
If those will be good, I am not quite sure if I'll be able to resist. Anyhow, the Kraken sounds strange, but also, somehow, awesomely overdrawn. And in a good, sinister style.
New witch elves are a must. I've heard somewhere they could be somehow similar to wyches, yet not sure about the source.

Whatever, we'll have to wait. Strangely I am more excited about this release than any other in 2013 (except maybe WoC).

Greetz
Thorin

Von Wibble
08-09-2013, 18:57
Yes the Kraken has multiple heads. From the pic it looks like there is one main head with eyes and the other four necks end with fanged maws. Very cool looking. It may sound stupid to people as it is walking but wait until the picture comes out before passing judgement. The Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne are on a bigger base than the chariot base. The witches are also sporting thigh high boots and are very dynamic with their poses. I wonder how much of a pain in the butt it will be to get them to rank up.

You seem to be describing the aesthetic of many of the Dark Elf monsters from the Warhammer Invasion cardgame - so I can see this working.

I seem to recall Hastings (might be a different poster but I thought it was him) mentioned Witch Elves a while back but said they were not good models at all. As far as ranking up goes I can't remember buying models recently where I struggled - the Corsairs are probably the best point of comparison and I found they ranked up well.

Silvertongue
08-09-2013, 19:11
I seem to recall Hastings (might be a different poster but I thought it was him) mentioned Witch Elves a while back but said they were not good models at all.

That would be Ghost21, whose rumours proved to be wrong at the very least, so I think you don't need to worry about that ;)
He said they looked manly and with mohawks. Not the vibe we're getting now from the 40k Radio chaps.

Malin
08-09-2013, 19:24
You seem to be describing the aesthetic of many of the Dark Elf monsters from the Warhammer Invasion cardgame - so I can see this working.

I seem to recall Hastings (might be a different poster but I thought it was him) mentioned Witch Elves a while back but said they were not good models at all. As far as ranking up goes I can't remember buying models recently where I struggled - the Corsairs are probably the best point of comparison and I found they ranked up well.

Try to glue up and rank up either Horrors of Tzeentch, Bloodletters or White Lions (especially Command group in those) lot of enjoyment guaranteed ;)

Thanks for all the info on DE release so far!

Is there any command group option for Warlocks?

Lion275
08-09-2013, 19:57
Yeah being a HE player ranking White Lions has sure been a blast. The Witch Elves look great. No mowhawks or anything like that. Long flowing hair, thigh high black boots and red loincloths and for lack of a better terms bras. They appear to have open mouths so lord only knows what they are saying before they come in and hack my poor High Elves to bits. There does not appear to be a command group for the Warlocks, only a unit champion. There appears to be a command group for the Witch Elves.

Coldblood666
08-09-2013, 20:45
Do any of the pics have the couldron/throne inside a witch elf unit? Kinda like the bell/furnace

RubenCM
08-09-2013, 21:08
Do any of the pics have the couldron/throne inside a witch elf unit? Kinda like the bell/furnace

Good question. If so, maybe we can find out the base of the cauldron just counting the witches bases.

Druchii Monkey
08-09-2013, 21:10
Any embossed banners on the new units?

Demiurg
08-09-2013, 21:57
Any embossed banners on the new units?

Gosh I hope not I prefer to paint my own.

sulla
09-09-2013, 00:02
Gosh I hope not I prefer to paint my own.Pretty sure every unit released recently has at least 2 banner options... you would be fine even if they released an embossed one.

Amalafein
09-09-2013, 05:36
If the Couldron is planned as the HellzBellz, then it will be on the same base. As big as 15 Witch Elves. ;)

herohammer
09-09-2013, 06:18
I would be really surprised if the cauldron followed the bell rules. The bell/furnace rules are clunky, they have required extensive FAQ explanations for various unusual situations, and a model that can only move as long as its unit has enough guys left in it is no problem for a horde army like skaven. For an elite army like dak elves?

I think the cauldron/throne will either "magically move on its own" or else simply be a special chariot (that magically can move on its own) that can move on its own but also join infantry units.

Setomidor
09-09-2013, 07:06
I think the cauldron/throne will either "magically move on its own" or else simply be a special chariot (that magically can move on its own) that can move on its own but also join infantry units.

Or, it's not able to move at all just like the Treb.