PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice?

Shadowhound125
06-09-2013, 19:55
As i am just starting my very first army (space wolves) i bought a variety of sets that included 30 marines to be assembled as wolf guard, grey hunters, or blood claws and 5 space marine scouts, although i have nobody to play against yet i'm looking to make them as versatile as possible and get worried about making bad choices while looking over the codex rules for the selections and weapon choices, does anyone have advice on how to assemble the models? :confused: sorry if this is an inappropriate question.

Evol Intent
06-09-2013, 20:08
Here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?345144-Space-Wolves-6th-edition-Tactics), and right here (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/forum/13-space-wolves/) are some Space Wolf oriented information bases. One is specifically tactics, and the other is a broader forum regarding all things wolfy.

As for some sound choices, Grey Hunters, Long Fangs, and Rune Priests are never bad picks. They're a solid foundation for you to find your personal taste preference, and then build around it.

I hope that helps; welcome to the brotherhood of Astartes.

Bamfpanda
06-09-2013, 20:09
Grey Hunters will not let you down. Not knowing if you have any rhinos or drop pods or if you have any elites, fast attack, or heavy support Im guessing you just have 30 infantry? If so you'll have to pick up more models in the future so starting with a base of grey hunters will form the core of your army. You could build blood claws and they will do fine but they are a dedicated assault unit which doesnt lend itself to the current meta without some form of delivery system. So if I were you I'd build three grey hunter squads with a couple meltaguns and wolf banners. Keep three models separate and make those your Wolf Guard to split between the Grey Hunters. For those guys you can go compi weapons with power weapons or wolf claws. I wouldnt go power fists at the moment.

Shadowhound125
06-09-2013, 20:56
thanks for the responses :), as for other units i have a predator with twin linked lascannon and sponson mounted heavy bolters, a drop pod with a storm bolter logan grimnar, an iron priest and bjorn the fell handed, as my knowledge of the tabletop version is limited it was mostly a guess on what to get.