PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 Demo!

Tyra_Nid
11-06-2005, 02:08
It has finally arrived!
A BF2 demo is available, clocking in at a nice 546meg file.

At the time of writing, there is pretty much nowhere to download it from... the one place I have found is downloading at 10kb/s- estimated completion in 14 hours.

The place where Im likely to get fast speeds there is a 200 person queue.

In any case, here is a thread to vent your anger/joy!

Im just hoping it will run... it only officially supports XP, but Im hoping ill be able to make it run on ME/2k anyway.

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 04:30
Hehe and there goes my weekend...

DaViEsW
11-06-2005, 07:45
Anyone got the full minimum/Rec specs for BF2?

Samoth
11-06-2005, 08:06
A friend of mine does, but he has a dial up connection, so now download for him. I, on the otherhand, have broadband but am limited to playing games like episode 1 and total annihilation.

Maybe I should get him to bring his comp to my place? :p

I wonder if they included the commander mode in the demo.

alterion
11-06-2005, 09:55
i am already d/l oading now.. go to filerush.coim for a torrent of it..

Shuya
11-06-2005, 12:28
my computers not good enough to play it :'(

Wraith
11-06-2005, 14:14
Is it really that good?

I've heard about it a bit but... I've never played any of the Battlefield games.

I've got a PC that can run it though so can anyone give us a quick run down of it in your own words while you wait for your download to complete?

x-esiv-4c
11-06-2005, 14:38
Downloading it now!
Looks like a lot of fun.

Nukem
13-06-2005, 22:16
The DvD version comes out tomorrow.. well thats when its in stores at the bestbuy here, don't know about other bestbuys but it should. Mmmm I can't wait. The whole game is great, the graphics, game play everything. Its going to be great. Its going to be worth every penny.

Freak Ona Leash
14-06-2005, 11:18
I'm downloaading as I write this. I got it from 4D players.com. The site is german but it is very navigable. Especially with the big, colored(I iz color-blind, it looks yellow to me but prolly isnt) sign that says DOWNLOAD. It downloads pretty damn fast too. I started 11 minutes ago, or thereabouts, and I'm already 21% done :D

alterion
14-06-2005, 11:43
okay..well as with all bf2 games it is buggy.. i thnk the proper gae will probably no be realeased until patch 3.. also some of the demo limits such as locked weapons no 1280 by 1024 resolution and the timlimit and player limits are irritating but it took us techies about 3 min to get around them.. also i think i neexd a faster net connection ( 300k) as i can't pilot atm.. the lag in planes is just stupid.. so instead i am developing my sniper skillz.. some peopl ahve complaained that weapons feel not solid enough have too large sprays and that is true tp an extent.. however you just have to be acarefull and on no account think about using the support dud as he sucks... only problem withe sniper is that at range it can be impossible to see if you have it someone or not... and as it takes 2 shots to kill most of the time this is quite irritating... a nice feature is that you can only re-arm from support dudes..a nd squads and commander mode are superb... and when you reload any left over bullets in your old clip are wasted.. not like css where they transfer magically into the new clip.. also i am not sure how range adjustment works with the sniper yet.. especiallya s at range you don't see the shot hit teh ground so can't use tath as a base..

Samoth
14-06-2005, 12:55
So you already have it, or are you talking about dc/vietnam? Because it sounds like more of the same. :p But that's good, as far as I'm concerned. Two thing's that I really want changed:

The way ground-attak aircraft work. It's impossible to see infantry on the ground and launch munitions to hit them on the same pass. You have to come back, and hope they haven't moved. I'm hoping this "laser designator" thing will help, but apparently it takes two minutes to set up? The target will have moved by then! Same with the artillery in commander mode.

Next, helicopters need to be more sniper-ish, and less "in you're face at zero altitude launching rocket after rocket while dodging rpg's". Dont get me wrong, that's fun, but it's so horribly far from the way they work in the real world, that it isnt a good simulation.

warlordgrubnatz
14-06-2005, 19:56
ill wait till battle feild modern combat comes out with x-box 360, i have played battlefeild 1942-brilliant
and staw wars battlefront- graet fun

alterion
14-06-2005, 20:02
so you will wait a longer time for a cut down version of te game that will probably be still as buggy and not look as good.. :wtf:

Nukem
14-06-2005, 20:41
So were you just talking about the demo?

My computer will not and does not lag period. My internet hardly ever lags. I want to play a game with as many people that can fit into one game, but it will never happen with all these people with craptacular internet connections ><

alterion
14-06-2005, 21:02
yar.. the real game is not out until the 24th bbut i feel the demo provideds a realistic snapshot of the full game as the game had gone gold when the demo was released

Nukem
14-06-2005, 22:00
It comes out today for me >< In stores on June 14th - 20th so maybe not today but sometime this week I'm guessing/hoping

Nazguire
18-06-2005, 12:00
I love the demo for all its bugs and kinks. Flying the planes is sweet. Why?

Because it rewards those who take time to fly them properly. And punishes those who just fly in circles and crash as a way of landing.

Samoth
19-06-2005, 07:40
You can land? I can do most things up to hitting enemies on the ground with the mig 21's rockets in 'nam, which I think is pretty tough to do without crashing and missing horribly.

But you can LAND?! :eek:

PBGhost
19-06-2005, 08:24
I - can't - run - it.
Die - in - a - pit.

:p

Karloth Valois
19-06-2005, 14:02
Yeah the planes are really good in BF2 just like in Desert Combat (Very popular, more popular than the orignal game for a time, bf1942 mod).

I thought they sucked to begin with but the demo map is so small it makes hitting ground targets very hard because you fly over it in about 5 seconds.

The Su34 is absolutely sick the bombs it has are so powerful it needs to be nerfed tbh, I got 22 kills and 1 death with it yesterday in the 12 mins the demo rounds last for.

Cool game though, might even buy it!!!

Nazguire
20-06-2005, 11:47
Its heaps powerful because unlike the JSF, its a dedicated Fighter-Bomber. So therefore it has more powerful weaponry than that of the JSF :D

I use a joypad....much fun to be had by flying behind an enemy jet without them knowing your there :D

Sojourner
20-06-2005, 14:28
The SU is absolutely lethal because that's it's job. It's a slow bucket though and easy to shoot down in a decent interceptor.

Anyone for a portent clan? I volunteer for special ops squad leader i.e. sneak over in a boat and blow stuff up.

alterion
20-06-2005, 14:40
well soz guys i am already joing up for 50 klicks.. check us out at www.50klicks.com .. i snipes meself.. although i am also a fan of c4 and special ops.. ( driving a jeep laiden with c4 stright into an enemy tank and runing the hell out of there hammering fire is great fun.. haven't got the hang of planes yet as i have found atht when the server has a lot of people on it they tend to lagg loads for me.. ( don't get me started on the mysteries of copters

Samoth
20-06-2005, 14:49
My friend and I are also supposed to be starting a clan... But seeing as I'll only be playing it at lan cafes, and not too many people stand to be recruited, maybe I could convince him to join porten- warseer's clan.

As for what I do? Well, uh, anything, really. Fly, drive, walk, aim, whatever. I probably like to fly planes best, but thats just because it's the most fun. My friend is an awesome chopper pilot and can do combat drops on even the trickiest flag zones, and quickly too, none of this 5 minute line up business.

While we're playing this thread, what's everyones favourite battlefield moment?

Mine'd have to be in bf:v. I was in a mig 21, him in a cobra. I was going for an attack run, dead on at him. He was firing rockets, but missing. I opened up with the machine guns, and somehow the shot went through the windshield and hit him in the head. The cobra was unhamred, I got a kill, and the heli simply dropped out of the air. :p

Sojourner
20-06-2005, 15:55
I love running up unnoticed behind tanks, covering them with C4 and letting rip.

Also plastering jets in C4, hiding, and waiting for a n00b to take off, then detonating.