PDA

View Full Version : New Tactical Marine Size?

ParanoidAndroid
07-09-2013, 23:51
I just had a quick question for anybody who has the new Tactical Marines, or to anybody who has seen them. Do the new marines stand a bit taller than the old ones? The images on the GW site look as if they are a bit taller looking, but there is nothing to compare them to.

Thanks!

kamedake88
08-09-2013, 02:51
They are the same height as the old kit. They look taller because the armour is slightly more proportional. Example being the legs are slightly slimmer as are the arms. I am building my first tactical squad as I type this, just waiting for the glue on the base to dry.

Scribe of Khorne
08-09-2013, 03:06
I have a feeling (hope) they are a bit taller, in line with the Forge World sets. I believe this will be due to the bend of the legs in the old (and CSM) set vs the more straight and natural look of this new kit.

I may even pick up a box for conversion fodder.

Poseidal
08-09-2013, 09:36
IIRC the legs are more upright, but the overall proportions (excluding maybe thickness) are identical to the old set.

ParanoidAndroid
08-09-2013, 14:28
They are the same height as the old kit. They look taller because the armour is slightly more proportional. Example being the legs are slightly slimmer as are the arms. I am building my first tactical squad as I type this, just waiting for the glue on the base to dry.

Hmm, that sounds interesting. I never liked the odd sizing of the old marines. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures to compare the two, would you? :D

I may even pick up a box for conversion fodder.

I'm debating doing the same thing for my CSM!