PDA

View Full Version : Who sculpted the Space Marine New Releases?

lbecks
08-09-2013, 00:34
For anyone with White Dwarf, who sculpted the different kits? Thanks in advance.

Mr. Shine
08-09-2013, 01:55
Pretty sure the plastic kits are designed on a computer these days.

lbecks
08-09-2013, 02:56
Pretty sure the plastic kits are designed on a computer these days.

It's called digital sculpting. Now, do you know who sculpted them?

Scribe of Khorne
08-09-2013, 05:00
Language barrier maybe dude, just chill.

My google-fu sucks, but I can never find who sculpts things without a WD. They dont like sharing that stuff outside Forge World it seems.

The Emperor
08-09-2013, 05:30
You know what'd be ironic? If the OP were to Google it and come up with nothing but threads like these across other forums where other people ask a similar question and the only response they get back is "Google it."

Inquisitor Samos
08-09-2013, 07:24
For anyone with White Dwarf, who sculpted the different kits? Thanks in advance.

The Hunter/Stalker was done by Dale Stringer and Tom Walton.

The Centurions were designed by Dave Thomas.

The new Tactical, Sternguard, and Vanguard sets are attributed to Darren Latham, Nic Ho, and Ed Cottrell, with (obvoiusly) strong influence by Jes Goodwin.

The Captain, Librarian, and Chaplain aren't directly attributed, at least that I've found thus far.

Shibboleth
08-09-2013, 16:22
All plastics are overseen by Jes Goodwin though too.

Mortimer
08-09-2013, 16:42

New start?

either that or a revenge sculpt.

Even the Tonka Trunk O' Khorne looked better in the flesh.

Dr. Who
08-09-2013, 17:31
The Hunter/Stalker was done by Dale Stringer and Tom Walton.

The new Tactical, Sternguard, and Vanguard sets are attributed to Darren Latham, Nic Ho, and Ed Cottrell, with (obvoiusly) strong influence by Jes Goodwin.

The Captain, Librarian, and Chaplain aren't directly attributed, at least that I've found thus far.

To add/clarify Inquistor Samos' post:

- Tac Squad: Ed Cottrell, Nick Ho
- Sternguard: Darren Latham
- Vanguard: Mike Fores
- Captain: Darren Latham
- Librarian: Martin Footitt
- Reclusiam Command Squad: Gavin Newton, Mark Harrison, Dave Thomas, Jes Goodwin. Best guess is that Gavin Newton did the Chaplain, since the other models (and sculptors) are of the "older" vintage!

The names of the sculptors and authors are on the Full Release Listing's page on pages 42-43 of the WD.

- Dr.

lbecks
08-09-2013, 23:03
Thanks Inquisitor Samos and Dr.Who!

Inquisitor Samos
09-09-2013, 01:26
To add/clarify Inquistor Samos' post:

- Tac Squad: Ed Cottrell, Nick Ho
- Sternguard: Darren Latham
- Vanguard: Mike Fores
- Captain: Darren Latham
- Librarian: Martin Footitt
- Reclusiam Command Squad: Gavin Newton, Mark Harrison, Dave Thomas, Jes Goodwin. Best guess is that Gavin Newton did the Chaplain, since the other models (and sculptors) are of the "older" vintage!

The names of the sculptors and authors are on the Full Release Listing's page on pages 42-43 of the WD.

- Dr.

No such animal as that listing in the digital WD, I fear . . . thanks for the added details, Dr. Who!

Snake22486
09-09-2013, 17:33

He needs to go back to making wendy's burgers.