PDA

View Full Version : White Scar bike models

Madcapmushroom
09-09-2013, 03:20
Hi warseer,

Just about to start my new White Scar army. So far it looks like i will be feilding 50+ bikes. I was wondering are the only bikes available to me are the pack of 3 space marine bikers?. I have seen the white scar upgrade kit, but that not what im looking for, as i intend to convert using space wolf parts to make my army more " Mongolionish". What i am wondering is, is there a big bike bundle i can buy to save money or is there other companies that do good bike models. I'm basically tryin to save as much money as possible while still getting good looking bikers?

Any help at all would be wonderful.

Thanking you

Madcap

Captain Ventris
09-09-2013, 04:00
Hi warseer,

Just about to start my new White Scar army. So far it looks like i will be feilding 50+ bikes. I was wondering are the only bikes available to me are the pack of 3 space marine bikers?. I have seen the white scar upgrade kit, but that not what im looking for, as i intend to convert using space wolf parts to make my army more " Mongolionish". What i am wondering is, is there a big bike bundle i can buy to save money or is there other companies that do good bike models. I'm basically tryin to save as much money as possible while still getting good looking bikers?

Any help at all would be wonderful.

Thanking you

Madcap

Dark angels Raven Wing box, 6 bikes, an attack bike, and a speeder... Can't help ya on the SW bits tho

Archon of Death
09-09-2013, 04:05
Games Workshop's website has a bundle for Dark Angels with about 30 bikes. You can also buy the bikes about 6 at a time with a LS if you get the Dark Angels battleforce. But, to be honest, it'd be a better investment to just buy them by the 3-pack.

Yeah, so.... um... I remember when things were cheaper in bulk through Game's Workshop... I just calculated that Apocalypse formation with them and it costs the same as buying them individually. Lord I want to smack GW for this kind of thing, even the three packs of tanks back in like 4th were cheaper by the three...

Anyway, at 40 for 3 or twice as many and an attack bike for 30$ more, unless you want the ABs and LS, just buy the threepacks

Madcapmushroom
09-09-2013, 04:20
Thanks guys,

I guess im just going to have to buy them as packs of 3 so. The dark angel ones are a nice bundle however it will take ages to remove al the dark angel icons etc. Thanks anyway guys. Guess ill just order about 20 boxes of the set of 3 bikers from Wayland or something to save money.

Thanks

Madcap

Captain Ventris
09-09-2013, 04:23
The DA icons are separate... They are standard bikes in that box with 3 accessory sprues

Madcapmushroom
09-09-2013, 04:31
Now that i didnt know, thanks :)

Archon of Death
09-09-2013, 04:35
Wait, you can order from Wayland Games? YOU LUCKY.... I miss them shipping to America. Sure it took me about 3 months to have anything delivered, but I'd fork out 500 bucks and get nearly a grand worth of minis... *sigh* The old days. *strangles GW's legal department*

Hali
09-09-2013, 04:35
Check out the forge world bikes before you order anything. They're a touch more expensive(not too much) but the model is amazing.

Madcapmushroom
09-09-2013, 04:43
Do you mean the HH bike models? If so, yeah, had a good look at them, i love them but alas, they are too pricey :(

MajorWesJanson
09-09-2013, 04:44
A Ravenwing/DA battleforce is $110 for 6 bikes, an attack bike, and a speeder. Buying the squadrons separately is $80 for 6 bikes and $27.25 for the attack bike, so you are paying $2.75 for a land speeder and 3 ravenwing upgrade sprues which you can sell/trade to defray some of the costs. The proportions still work from discount sellers as well.
8 ravenwingwould fill your troops with 6 full bike squadrons (8 bikes plus attack bike), give you 8 speeders, and 2 attack bikes.
Then a 9th ravenwing box would give you 6 bikes to make a captain and command squad, and bring you up to 9 speeders and 3 leftover attack bikes, so you could fill your FA slots with speeders, or one squad with an attack bike unit. Or sell the speeders to defray some costs.

Madcapmushroom
09-09-2013, 04:57
Thanks guys, sound advice all round, as usual from warseer.

Thanks

Madcap

Archon of Death
09-09-2013, 05:04
A Ravenwing/DA battleforce is $110 for 6 bikes, an attack bike, and a speeder. Buying the squadrons separately is $80 for 6 bikes and $27.25 for the attack bike, so you are paying $2.75 for a land speeder and 3 ravenwing upgrade sprues which you can sell/trade to defray some of the costs. The proportions still work from discount sellers as well.
8 ravenwingwould fill your troops with 6 full bike squadrons (8 bikes plus attack bike), give you 8 speeders, and 2 attack bikes.
Then a 9th ravenwing box would give you 6 bikes to make a captain and command squad, and bring you up to 9 speeders and 3 leftover attack bikes, so you could fill your FA slots with speeders, or one squad with an attack bike unit. Or sell the speeders to defray some costs.

Yeah, it pretty much just comes down to "Do you want the Attack Bike, if so, do you want the LS/Can you sell it if you don't?"