PDA

View Full Version : Special Rule Cards / Reference Sheet

arthurfallz
09-09-2013, 16:27
Got to thinking about the spell decks they sell for Warhammer, and the unique decks that you can purchase for each army as their 8th edition book is released.

There's a nice extension for this. Special Rule cards. A card that includes, for example, exactly what Hatred does, or Fly. So instead of flipping through the book when you need to index a Special Rule, you just pull it out of the stack. In fact, you can pull out all of your Special Rules before the game, have them by your roster, and hand them to your opponent to read when a question comes up, or reference them when you're in the midst of play (how do Skirmishers move again?). It would also be great to have Army Specific rules on said cards.

In play, I've been preparing rules sheets, printed out, with my army special rules, and any other special rules my roster might reference. My opponent can have a copy if s/he needs it. It's a bit of work to produce (basically had to type up the entire Special Rules section), but once you have the master document to cut and paste from, it's a whiz.*

Thoughts? Does anyone else do this, or something like this?

* Obviously I can't provide the Master Document for anyone here, as it breaks the TOS for WarSeer.

Ghorros Ghorrosson
09-09-2013, 16:32
Could do with a handy guide for random terrain generation and terrain/arcane architecture effects - seems to be scattered all round the rule book.

Kain187
09-09-2013, 19:25
I place commonly disputed rules in my smart phone with the page number of the rule book. Helps resolve disputes very fast.

Urgat
09-09-2013, 19:30
I'm doing the same, compiling all the special rules and stuff to print. It should make things a bit easier to find.

Von Wibble
09-09-2013, 19:35
Could do with a handy guide for random terrain generation and terrain/arcane architecture effects - seems to be scattered all round the rule book.

That is 1 of 3 things I always forget with the rules. The other 2 are the radius for panic checks (it seems to change every edition) and the subtle differences between different none infantry unit types (which ones get stomp etc).