PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: WOC + Chaos Dwarf List (3,500)

mansfeild
10-09-2013, 14:58
Hey Guys,

I have recently become intrigued with the FW Chaos Dwarf models and so must now add them to my WOC Khorne list. I'm going for a rounded 3,500 points.

Love Khorne models/fluff/style so my WOC are themed that way. The army I have is tuned for fast, hard hitting WOC elites. I wanted to compliment this with some evil stunties that hopefully make up for some of my forces weaknesses and look fantastic on the table doing it.

Here's the WOC base I have

Demon Prince - MoK,chaos armour, flight, soul feeder, scaled skin, poisonous ichor, charmed shield, swrd striking, Dgn Gem = 375 Yep like everyone else this combo's winning for me, cept he's Khorne not Nurgle...
Exalted Hero - MoK, BSB, talisman of preservation, shield, Ironcurse Icon = 198 Joins warrior block.
17 Warriors - MoK, full command, halberds, shields, gleaming pennant = 375
6 Warhounds = 36
6 Warhounds = 36
6 Warhounds = 36
6 C Knights - MoK, std, musician, ensorcelled, Lichbone Pennant = 305
2 Gorebeast Chariots - MoK = 280
Chimera - Breath, regen - 275
4 Skullcrushers - musician, std, ensorcelled, banner eternal flame = 342
Sub Total = 2,258

Now the CD list I was mulling over adding were:

Sorcerer-Prophet - Lvl 4, Blood of Hashut, Armour of destiny, dispel scroll, pistol = 400 - To hang with the Warmachines for re-rolls and support/blast away from the back.
Infernal Castellan - Msk of the furnace, shield, GW, pistol = 182 Joins Infernal guard to make them stubborn and cause fear.
17 Infernal Guard - GW's, Full cmd, banner of swiftness = 302 - Pretty solid troop choice, scary and immovable, models look tops too
1 magma cannon - 145
1 Death S rocket - 100
Sub Total = 1,241

Total = 3,499

Think all the ratios etc.. check out ok.

Hoping the army is brutal to play and look at (when done) and the CDs address any WOC/khorne shortcomings.

What are your thoughts guys, any changes etc..?

I Am Forsaken
12-09-2013, 03:49
Lore of Hashut on the Sorc-Prophet I assume, a mate of mine plays CD and all I can say is ASH STORM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also your warrior block + BSB combo is quite similar to mine (except for equipment on the BSB) and I have found that sometimes 17 isnt enough to keep them at combat strength once you close the distance. Stone throwers, doom divers etc can easily knock off a rank which is crucial in a close round of combat.

mansfeild
12-09-2013, 09:00
Yeh Hashut on the Sorc-Prophet. haha it's a bad-ass spell, that's for sure... I quite like the lore actually, that or Metal I think.

Thanks for the tip, agreed, I was actually reviewing the list for just that and realized that I didn't add things up right.. opps left like 100 points off.. so updated the list.. added the old Destroyer since he fit's with the Khorne theme pretty well.

New List:

Demon Prince - MoK,chaos armour, flight, soul feeder, scaled skin, poisonous ichor, charmed shield, swrd striking, Dgn Gem = 375 Yep like everyone else this combo's winning for me, cept he's Khorne not Nurgle...
Exalted Hero - MoK, BSB, talisman of preservation, shield, Ironcurse Icon = 198 Joins warrior block.
23 Warriors - MoK, full command, halberds, shields, gleaming pennant = 495
5 Warhounds = 30
5 Warhounds = 30
5 Warhounds = 30
Sub Total = 2,085
Sorcerer-Prophet - Lvl 4, Blood of Hashut, Armour of destiny, dispel scroll, pistol = 400 - To hang with the Warmachine for re-rolls and support/blast away from the back.
Infernal Castellan - Msk of the furnace, shield, GW, pistol = 182 Joins Infernal guard to make them stubborn and cause fear.
17 Infernal Guard - GW's, Full cmd, banner of swiftness = 302 - Pretty solid troop choice, scary and immovable, models look tops too
Hellcannon - 205
K'daai Destroyer - 325
Sub Total = 1,414

Total = 3,499

Thoughts guys?

I Am Forsaken
13-09-2013, 03:30
Looks good to me, I think in a larger game like this the extra rank of warriors will serve you well.

mansfeild
13-09-2013, 08:18
Thanks! Right I have now also dropped poison on the DP since he can't use poison and magic weapons, so wasted points. Might just add a few more screening doggies in with the last few points or something..

mansfeild
14-09-2013, 21:29
Updated list below:

Demon Prince - MoK,chaos armour, flight, soul feeder, scaled skin, charmed shield, swrd striking, Dgn Gem = 360 Yep like everyone else this combo's winning for me, cept he's Khorne not Nurgle...
23 Warriors - MoK, full command, halberds, shields, gleaming pennant = 495
5 Warhounds = 30
5 Warhounds = 30
5 Warhounds = 30
Sub Total = 2,060
Sorcerer-Prophet - Lvl 4, Blood of Hashut, Msk of the furnace, pistol = 390 - Joins Infernal Guard
Daemonsmith - Dispel scroll = 120 sits back with hellcannon.
23 Infernal Guard - GW's, Full cmd, banner of swiftness = 392
Hellcannon - 210
K'daai Destroyer - 325
Sub Total = 1,437

Total = 3,497

Changes: No poison on DP, more Infernal guard, daemonsmith included for re-roll + magic to replace Castellan, Prophet now joins IG block.