PDA

View Full Version : Treesinging

Big T
11-09-2013, 09:16
Two types of magic can be casted into battle, hex and Augment (right)
Is the damage vary of treesinging counted as such...?

Spiney Norman
11-09-2013, 15:26
Although it doesn't explicitly say that the damage-dealing version of Treesinging is a Direct Damage spell, the FAQ does make reference to the "Direct Damage Version of Treesinging", so I think it makes sense to assume that if you are casting Treesinging on a wood it is an augment, and if you are casting it on an enemy unit it is a Direct Damage spell.

Strictly by raw I suppose the spell doesn't actually have a type, in which case it would have to obey all targeting restrictions on p.31 of the brb and therefore could not be cast on a unit in combat.

godswearhats
13-09-2013, 18:53
Strictly by raw I suppose the spell doesn't actually have a type, in which case it would have to obey all targeting restrictions on p.31 of the brb and therefore could not be cast on a unit in combat.

What he said :-)
~gwh

igortheugly
16-09-2013, 11:58
as it is a spell without type from an older book the targeting restrictions are not per BRB but per the spell description (I think that is also on p31 of the BRB too iirc) and the spell does not restrict on targeting units in combat unlike fury of the forest (their no2 spell) which does.

godswearhats
17-09-2013, 14:13
The BRB says that unless stated otherwise, the wizard cannot cast spells at units in close combat (p31). Tree singing does not state that you can cast it into close combat, therefore you cannot.
~gwh