PDA

View Full Version : should i buy THEODORE BRUCKNER AND REAPER is he worth the cash??

lees mekshop
11-09-2013, 22:04
im starting to collect empire i got two boxes of the Battalion and some wizards

i plan to get quite a few Demigryph
and also plan on getting some of the forge world stuff the command group ( i have a plan to sue the BSB in my army and maybe sell the other two )and Lietpold the Black general

was thinking on getting Theodore Bruckner too to go with the Demigryph but not sure as i could get a whole box of Demigryph for the same price ??

SVKBaki
11-09-2013, 23:46
Afaik he is considerably bigger than classic demigryphs + you get bruckner on foot which can be used as your hero. If you want to impress,go for it :-)

Rakariel
12-09-2013, 00:00
Bruckner on foot is mounted on a 25mm btw not 20mm, hes as per fluff a giant of a man (can be rebased however). Reaper does not rank up with normal Demigryphs neither and is literally dwarfing them.

I Am Forsaken
12-09-2013, 04:38
In the Tamurkhan book Reaper is a monster where as demigryph knights in the Empire book are monstrous cavalry, which is the reason for the size difference i guess (not seen the model myself).

How were you planning on using him, with the rules for him in the Tamurkhan book or just as a DGK champion?

Wesser
12-09-2013, 07:53
Personally I've always been puzzled why lords and heroes are denied monstrous cavalry mounts so often. Empire not able to ride demigryphs, ogre not able to ride much of anything, no snakes for tomb kings and so forth...

Would be a really neat WD addition to the armies if WD actually were a hobby magazine.

I'd stay clear of Bruckner unless you wanna stick wings on the beast for an alternative griffon or your meta/you like special characters a lot.

He makes a fairly poor "count-as" imo

Ullis
12-09-2013, 12:48
im starting to collect empire i got two boxes of the Battalion and some wizards

i plan to get quite a few Demigryph
and also plan on getting some of the forge world stuff the command group ( i have a plan to sue the BSB in my army and maybe sell the other two )and Lietpold the Black general

was thinking on getting Theodore Bruckner too to go with the Demigryph but not sure as i could get a whole box of Demigryph for the same price ??

As mentioned above, Bruckner is a great model, but the miniature would dwarf the rest of your Demigryph knights. If your gaming group allow for Forgeworld rules to be used, then just use him as written.

lees mekshop
13-09-2013, 04:44
OK well I took the plunge and got me Lieopold and Bruckner ...

with brunkner I'm going to put him on monster cab base use him as a champ for my Demi's and build a special add on base (maybe magnetized ) to make a 100x50base again then when I use him as a general on griffion just say the thing leaps over other unit so can still fly( I even plan to scupt tiny little wings for the rulesy people) and will just use him in bigger battles as Bruckner
I know the reaper does looks a little goofy but I like it

And with Lieopold I plan to convert him in to my army general mercenary Commander Morgan Bernhardt with the flaming sword the grudgebringer ( a character from a old GW PC game warhammer Dark Omen the theme for my army)

Also in larger games I may use his rules to get some dwarfs in my mercenary empire force

GrandmasterWang
17-09-2013, 07:09
Bruckner model is brilliant!

Good purchase. Solid and fun rules also. Enjoy the thunderstomp theodores demi gets