PDA

View Full Version : Hellcannon Saves?

Gradek
11-09-2013, 23:47
I have a question regarding the saving throw order for the Hellcannon. After seeing a battle report from LI, I was wondering if we have been playing this wrong. Is it monsters and handlers, then ward save only for the cannon or is it ward save for everything, then monsters and handlers?

Blkc57
12-09-2013, 01:42
You distribute unsaved wounds via the monster and handler rule: so first apply the armor save for the cannon, then the 5+ ward save for a demon, then finally the 5+ roll to see where the wound goes. If its a multi wound weapon like a cannon you roll for the multi-wound after distributing to either the hell-cannon or the unlucky crewman.

In easy terms for a cannon shot its: 5+ ward then another 5+ ward (thats the crewman) and finally multi wounds (though extra wounds are wasted on a crewman).

bigbiggles
13-09-2013, 02:54
Yeah. Monsters an handlers rule feels totally backwards to how I want to play it (5+ look out sir). But it does make those unites more powerful. So that's also cool with me

sulla
17-09-2013, 19:24
Congratulations! You may be a winner! You have successfully hit the hellcannon, wounded, got through it's armour and it's daemonic ward save... now only one step remains... can you successfully negotiate the wall of defensive dwarves cunningly arranged in front of it

(M&H rules are quite silly and counterintuitive.)

bigbiggles
19-09-2013, 05:53
I read the rule a few times. But never picked up its backward way of doing things until in an arguement with someone.

Then I had a strong urge to use salamanders backed up by hellcannons